Thread: searchen

searchen

http://www.serchen.co.uk/ anyone used it for advertising? Prices are pretty high, but they promise good sales.

Anyone with experience? They do act a little desperate like

2. They are really expensive for what they offer imo.
    Hostabulous | cPanel (Linux) & Plesk (Windows) Hosting KVM VPS R1Soft backups | Proudly Canadian
    Cloudflare LiteSpeed Cloudlinux Remote backups Anti-Spam Web App Firewall Canada/US/Germany

Quote Originally Posted by thedediguy View Post
    http://www.serchen.co.uk/ anyone used it for advertising? Prices are pretty high, but they promise good sales.

desperate isn't the word, every month they email me "We can help you more sales from Serchen", I've had visits from their site before, however no orders.

They are expensive and that's why we can't fork out the money for it yet to be honest, because we have a tight budget for advertisements.
    Licensecart - We only sell High Quality licenses
    Visit us @ Licensecart.com ~ sales(➾)licensecart.com ~ webhostbundle.com
    WHT isn't what it used to be… power changes people :]

Yes, we repeatedly get emails from them (including those directly from their salespeople) but find it too expensive and not worth it unless someone posts here saying that they have had much success with them.
    Nividium
    Affordable, Reliable & High Performance Web Hosting Since 2011
    Google PageSpeed | Softaculous | SSD Drives | 24/7/365 Technical Support | Instant Activation

I to have been getting emails, price seems high for what they offer. Decided to hold off on giving it a try for now and to go down other routes first.

Yep emails from them all the time...too expensive imo.

What are they charging nowadays? I remember running a banner ad with them at one point, didn't generate much of a return.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    What are they charging nowadays? I remember running a banner ad with them at one point, didn't generate much of a return.
    Just under $2000 to be listed at the top of category for 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by benj114 View Post
    hmm.. I wouldn't necessarily call that expensive, but the way they have their website set-up (cluttered with so many providers) its hard to imagine getting any kind of positive return on your investment. I remember we ran a banner ad with them and the clicks had a very high bounce rate (compared to other directories we were advertising in) + the majority of the traffic was coming from the UK (which isnt necessarily a bad thing, but something to consider).
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

We've advertised with them in the past but didn't see much conversions.

Not worth the price if you ask me. You can do better with Adwords (with the right strategy, of course).

I setup a free listing with them about 12-18 months back and for around 12 months we did seem to get quite a few visitors coming through but didnt receive many signups.

but they promise good sales.
    Are you sure they're promising you sales ?
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by astutiumRob View Post
    Are you sure they're promising you sales ?
    They try to make it like that, but as usual people are not stupid, they wanted £1,000 to list us for 1 - 2 months, was ridiculous, I get better results with a quarter of that on adwords...

But wanted to see what others thought, we get plenty of traffic for free through them, but never a sale, which makes me think why would paying be any better, they probably pay for traffic as it is...

They are pretty expensive, and I think it won't pay off very well overall. Go with Google Adwords instead.
    BeltHosting.com Staff. Shared Web Hosting | Reseller Web Hosting | IRCD Hosting | psyBNC/sBNC/eggdrop/znc Hosting
    xShellz Linux Shell & IRCD Hosting.
    24/7 Live & Ticket Support

I constantly get emails from them. I tried one of their directories a few years back. I don't think there's really a such thing as wasted advertising dollars (in reason), but I wouldn't really spend a ton of money where there are 1000s of other hosts. Sure you get your name out there, but with all the other hosts listed at the same time. Yes it is a targeted market, but it's way too crowded. I'd rather pay on a CPA basis for directory sites like theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by benj114 View Post
    Is there not a 1 month option available anymore?
    Bannaz™ | Amazing HTML5 Banner Ad Designer!
    Leading designers in online advertising
    Need banners? Visit our Website