Compare these servers

Hi all,

Please help me to find most powerful dedicated server from the fallowing listed.
    I dont mind the storage.

VIAŽ NanoŽ processor U2250 (1x @1.6GHz , x64, VT)
    Memory: 2GB
    500GB Hybrid + SSD
    or
    AMD Zacate E-240 APU + AMD A50M to 1x1, 5Ghz
    Memory: 2GB (DDRIII)
    1 disk 80GB
    or
    AMD Zacate E-240 APU AMD A50M + 1x1, 5Ghz
    Memory: 2GB
    One 30 GB disk (SSD)

Thanks in advance

None of them really have powerful processors... What do you plan to use the server for?

Quote Originally Posted by Criot View Post
    None of them really have powerful processors... What do you plan to use the server for?
    I know that, but I'd like to know most cpu powerful dedi out of these.

I believe all of them are one core processors, but the VIA is 1.6GHz and the AMD is 1.5GHz (from what I can get from the sellers sites) - Haven't found any info on Google about that AMD processor, but didn't do a great search.

What's the reason you are only comparing these particular processors? Just curious.
    SingleHop | Chicago - New York - Phoenix - Amsterdam | People Empowered by Automation
    TJ Waldorf | VP, Inside Sales & Marketing | @tj_waldorf | twaldorf @ singlehop.com | poweredby.ai

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Waldorf View Post
    What's the reason you are only comparing these particular processors? Just curious.
    My site takes bit high cpu usage. At the moment my budget is very low that's why I'm comparing these.
    Currently using that Nano processor. It has enough power to keep my website online. But I want to know other processors are better than Nano or not.

Quote Originally Posted by vimk View Post
    My site takes bit high cpu usage. At the moment my budget is very low that's why I'm comparing these.
    Currently using that Nano processor. It has enough power to keep my website online. But I want to know other processors are better than Nano or not.
    If your site has high CPU Usage you might be better off going for a VPS rather than a Dedicated Server. Most VPS will run shared Intel Xeon E3 or E5 Processors which are much more powerful, you could probably get a 2GB VPS for the same price as one of them Dedis.

Quote Originally Posted by Criot View Post
    If your site has high CPU Usage you might be better off going for a VPS rather than a Dedicated Server. Most VPS will run shared Intel Xeon E3 or E5 Processors which are much more powerful, you could probably get a 2GB VPS for the same price as one of them Dedis.
    I have had a vps Intel Xeon CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz 4 core + 4gb ram. Got suspended couple of times. That's why I'm searching for dedis.

Thank you

I have had a vps Intel Xeon CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz 4 core + 4gb ram. Got suspended couple of times. That's why I'm searching for dedis.

Thank you
    If you got suspended on a E3 then none of them servers simply will not meet your requirements. You'd probably be best going with a Dedicated Server with an E3, you can pick up the v1 E3s for a low cost at some providers, but it's obviously going to cost you more than what any of them servers will.

Them Dedis won't meet your requirements if you got suspended when using an E3.

What are you going to run on the server?

Thank you
    Just throwing my two cents here:

A dedicated server is not necessarily more powerful than a VPS. In fact the dedicated servers you listed here will most likely severely underperform when compared to a 1230-based VPS (unless your VPS provider is badly overselling the CPU). Your site may not get suspended, but you're going to see crashes from running out of memory (not pretty). You may also see database calls time out and PHP scripts time out due to a massively overworked CPU.

This is all speculation on my part, since we don't know all the details of your current usage. Were you suspended for CPU usage, AUP / TOS violations, excessive bandwidth, DOS, or something else entirely?

Normally I'd recommend Wholesale Internet, but they seem to be out of just about everything at the moment. You can usually get a reliable-and-cheap dedicated server there (think Core2Quad or thereabouts). OVH might also be worth looking at -- they have an i3 with 8 GB of RAM for $39.

If none of those options work for you, talk to your VPS provider about getting a custom, more powerful VPS package. It will probably be more expensive, but you'll probably be using better hardware (modern Xeon processor, RAID storage, etc) than you would on a cheap single-drive desktop-class dedicated server. We've done that in the past for several high-usage customers, and as long as the provider manages things properly, it can easily be done without impacting other customers.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

Hello,

You might want to take a look here as well: juniorserver.de
    They also have great support for their prices, they even called me when they had an upcoming maintenance window.
    Their english isn't that great but they try to help you out as good as they can.

Hopefully that helps!

You can get an i7-3770 off of hetzner's server bidding for ~$58 with no setup fee. remember VAT is included in those prices

there is also an i7-930 @ ~$43.50

i think these are better then the stuff that is left on kimsufi.fr. those also have a 10 euro setup fee.. now, if you had just gotten one of the i7-3770s's..

try looking at http://soyoustart.co.uk servers. they are super cheap. you can have a good E3 or i7 servers at a very cheap price.

But I want to know other processors are better than Nano or not.
    There is not much difference between these CPUs (Via U2250 and AMD E-240). You probably have to increase your budget if you need more processing power.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraVPS View Post
    There is not much difference between these CPUs (Via U2250 and AMD E-240). You probably have to increase your budget if you need more processing power.
    Currently I'm using NanoŽ U2250. It's enough for my wordpress site. I want to know best dedi out of these listed servers, not others.

None of this chips will be more powerful than your current Xeon.

Wordpress should not consume CPU if you have a good cache installed which basically turns php into html pages unless your WP site is very, very dynamic and cannot benefit from a content cache.

Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post
    None of this chips will be more powerful than your current Xeon.

Wordpress should not consume CPU if you have a good cache installed which basically turns php into html pages unless your WP site is very, very dynamic and cannot benefit from a content cache.
    I used openvz xeon vps before. They are oversold their servers, so they are suspending even such small loads like less than 5.

As I mentioned before NanoŽ U2250 pretty enough for my site. There are no high load issue. If it take highload, then my site will be load slowly. Nobody wants to suspend because it's dedicated.

As a newbie just curious to know the best cpu out of these listed.
    I'm not asking world most powerful dedi or better dedicated than before mentioned list.

Thanks you for understanding my question

Well, as long as you understand that performance may be worse than your current VPS, those CPUs are about tied with each other. The difference is trivial. The Nano is very slightly faster, but I'd go with the AMD with the SSD.

To give you an idea of performance, both of them are slightly slower than an ancient AMD Athlon XP 2600+. That was a great CPU for its time (ten years ago), but gets slaughtered by newer processors. Even an old Pentium D 3.4 GHz is about twice as powerful as either of those CPUs. The i3 that OVH sells for $29 is more than 12x more powerful.
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    Well, as long as you understand that performance may be worse than your current VPS, those CPUs are about tied with each other. The difference is trivial. The Nano is very slightly faster, but I'd go with the AMD with the SSD.

To give you an idea of performance, both of them are slightly slower than an ancient AMD Athlon XP 2600+. That was a great CPU for its time (ten years ago), but gets slaughtered by newer processors. Even an old Pentium D 3.4 GHz is about twice as powerful as either of those CPUs. The i3 that OVH sells for $29 is more than 12x more powerful.
    I got the reply what I was waiting for
    Well explained. Thanks

I got the reply what I was waiting for
    Well explained. Thanks
    Happy to help! There are lots of people out there who enjoy squeezing every last drop of performance from slower / thinner systems, so as long as you know what you're in for, have fun!