Should I use CloudFlare

well, CloudFlare is all the Hype nowadays and i m seeing many sites using it.
    So i was thinking if i should use it.

Well CloudFlare says they have CDN but i already have a CDN through MaxCDN. and use W3 Total Cache for caching.

The Reason i m thinking of CloudFlare is because for some reason my DNS lookup sometimes is abnormal. and some times it's lighting fast

It certainly has its advantages such as redundancy and ddos protection. Its a great option if you do not want to spend a lot of money. Many of our clients use it with success.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.

I've used CloudFlare on some forum sites I've hosted, and it was definitely beneficial. We set it up in a specific way as to prevent users from getting the server IP though, to prevent DDoS attacks. But it's still very good for the CDN, and I often use CloudFlare for its DNS too.

I would recommend you give it a try, its has many benefits
    Unhappy with your current host? Take at look at The Pro Host
    Daily Backups|Guaranteed 99% uptime|Friendly support
    What else do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by riteshsanap View Post
    The Reason i m thinking of CloudFlare is because for some reason my DNS lookup sometimes is abnormal. and some times it's lighting fast
    You could also try to investigate and solve the problem you're currently having. Maybe it's your own ISP what's causing this. That means that other people wouldn't have the same issue.

Best way to decide is to give it a try, and disable it if you don't like it.

Give it a try and monitor your website performance.
    I recommend to start with minimum security level.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

I used it on about eight of my personal website ventures before I further advanced my own personal capabilities. I would recommend it for you to try out.

Never had any issues with using cloudflare. Be wary though there have been a number of outages this year.

I use cloud flare and have for a few of my websites. I like it a lot and don't really have an issue with it. It helped my website to have faster ping times In multiple locations. But try it and see how you like it and if you do not see a difference than do not use it but it won't hurt to try.

I always use CloudFlare its highly recommended. Just remember to use your server IP when connecting to the FTP as I always made that mistake in the past.
    ▌Midnight Host | We're taking the UK by STORM
    ▌Shared, Reseller and VPS
    ▌Follow us on Twitter
    www.midnighthost.co.uk

I have had mixed experiences with Cloudflare. It did help with very slow sites by making them much faster, but on a fast server it actually slowed my websites down.

Take note that the results from Pingdom.com on Clouflare-powered sites seem to be inconclusive.

I think CloudFlare has its benefits and you should try it out. If it doesn't work out for you, you can easily change your DNS back. But I would say it definitely does have it's benefits
    Webhostpython.com - Reliable Shared, Reseller, and KVM VPS Hosting Services.
    Dual Octa Core Xeon E5 Servers. RAID10 Storage. Enterprise DDOS Protection. Pure SSD Plans
    24/7 Support | Live Chat | In-House Support Staff | 1-800-929-9061 | Dallas, TX

I have used CloudFlare on one of my websites before and have had no issues with it. If worst comes to worst, you can always change your DNS records to point back to your original web server. Overall, I would recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by riteshsanap View Post
    Are you sure it is a dns problem?

Don't jump yet. Fix the issue you are having first before doing anything.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Cloudflare is a single point of failure. You do not want to use them, especially if you already have a CDN infrastructure already in place.
    ★ Ramon Reyes @ EidolonHost
    ★ Blesta and InterWorx Reseller. See WebHost Licenses for details.
    ★ We have Let's Encrypt Support

Quote Originally Posted by Keiro View Post
    Cloudflare is a single point of failure. You do not want to use them, especially if you already have a CDN infrastructure already in place.
    Huh? Could you elaborate on this, Im pretty sure Cloudflare has various DNS servers and are not running everything off of one box (hence why they are providing a CDN service).
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Huh? Could you elaborate on this, Im pretty sure Cloudflare has various DNS servers and are not running everything off of one box (hence why they are providing a CDN service).
    Sure, I'll elaborate. From Cloudflare Now Offering to be Your Single Point of Failure...

Cloudflare limits the user to only using their DNS servers for your domain – of which they only provide two resolvers, not three or four like most DNS services. So if you wish to have a third or fourth name server entry to ensure that even if the primary and secondary Cloudflare DNS servers go offline, well sorry, you cannot do so. Cloudflare will disable your domain in their system if you use any DNS entries that are not their own – which includes a third or forth setting. So now you have your “Professional” websites using a DNS and security service that has no SLA but which you are paying for “Professional” level services. If your “Professional” grade sites go offline because Cloudflare botched the router upgrade or was hacked, you’re SOL and you do not get downtime credits, sorry. You can’t even design your architecture to resolve with alternate name servers or they will disable your domain. So if Cloudflare ever goes offline your sites will go offline with them and there are no alternatives. If you use Cloudflare then their service becomes your Single Point of Failure.
    We won't be using Cloudflare for that, due to the article discussing this.
    ★ Ramon Reyes @ EidolonHost
    ★ Blesta and InterWorx Reseller. See WebHost Licenses for details.
    ★ We have Let's Encrypt Support

Quote Originally Posted by Keiro View Post
    Sure, I'll elaborate. From Cloudflare Now Offering to be Your Single Point of Failure...

We won't be using Cloudflare for that, due to the article discussing this.
    That article is a stretch and very misleading, although I will admit that CF is not perfect, their DNS is not a SPOF.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Hi

Cloudflare is great for its optimisation. It's had a couple of outages this year but nothing too major.

The only reason we don't use it for our main site is it had a really bad effect on our seo. Over a 6 month period our rankings dropped big time, once we removed it our ranking report increased dramatically over night.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Post HI,

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHostPro View Post
    Hi

Cloudflare is great for its optimisation. It's had a couple of outages this year but nothing too major.

The only reason we don't use it for our main site is it had a really bad effect on our seo. Over a 6 month period our rankings dropped big time, once we removed it our ranking report increased dramatically over night.

We shouldn't impact anything related to SEO at all. Did you open a support ticket?
    CloudFlare Community Evangelist

Post Hi,

[
    "now you have your “Professional” websites using a DNS and security service that has no SLA but which you are paying for “Professional” level services."

An SLA is provided to customers on a Business or Enterprise tier of service.

The thread seems to have drifted from the OP's interest. @riteshsanap you should look into solving your DNS issues before making drastic changes. If your issue was DDOS problems, sure make the switch, that's cloudflare's forte. Some DNS issues doesn't seem worth while to change everything though.

You can setup your domain to use CloudFlare DNS servers without actually using their CDN network. Just add the domain via the CloudFlare website and then disable CF for all domains/subdomains. DNS requests will be served off the CloudFlare network but visitors will be sent direct to your webserver.

I won't recommend you to use CloudFlare at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudiffy View Post
    I won't recommend you to use CloudFlare at all.
    Why won't you recommend it?
    Unhappy with your current host? Take at look at The Pro Host
    Daily Backups|Guaranteed 99% uptime|Friendly support
    What else do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pro Host View Post
    Why won't you recommend it?
    Free & Pro plan are a single point of failure.

Business plan (200$) is good but you can find WAY better for 200$

Cloud Flare is a lot of talked up hype. Every time we used it, people found the site slower or sometimes even offline.

They also reached a lot of those false positive warnings... ie... Those Cloud Flare screens that ask you if you really are human & require you to fill out those captcha screens that are almost impossible to read (though I'm sure the spam bot reads it just fine. lol).

Cloud Flare is also virtually useless when it comes to something like a forum for example.

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudiffy View Post
    Free & Pro plan are a single point of failure.

Business plan (200$) is good but you can find WAY better for 200$
    Why do you believe that? While there are differences in features between the pricing plans, it doesn't change how we actually resolve DNS for the sites, really.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisitors View Post
    Cloud Flare is a lot of talked up hype. Every time we used it, people found the site slower or sometimes even offline."

Did you open a support ticket?

They also reached a lot of those false positive warnings... ie... Those Cloud Flare screens that ask you if you really are human & require you to fill out those captcha screens that are almost impossible to read (though I'm sure the spam bot reads it just fine. lol).

The captcha is from Recaptcha. We will likely move to another provider at some point. It really isn't a false positive per se, since one of the two is happening:

1. A data source has show the IP as being problematic online recently (spammer, botnet zombie, etc.)
    2. A security setting from the WAF is triggering the event. Our WAF is based off of the OWASP Top 10.

If people are getting what they believe to be false positives, or if they would like to change the behavior, you can always turn the security levels down or whitelist IP(s) in Threat Control.

Cloud Flare is also virtually useless when it comes to something like a forum for example.
    We have tons of forum sites using us.

Quote Originally Posted by damoncloudflare View Post
    Why do you believe that? While there are differences in features between the pricing plans, it doesn't change how we actually resolve DNS for the sites, really.
    I was paying for the 200$ business plan and my site got suspended for 10 days because I received a "big attack".

If I was paying 200$ for a DDoS Protection and got suspended, I can imagine what you do for your Free and PRO clients.

That was 1 year ago, I hope you changed your system and your way to deal with your client.

CloudFlare has temporarily deactivated this website from our network.

As a result, your visitors will be routed directly to your origin server and will not receive any performance and security benefits from CloudFlare. We will resume the CloudFlare service once the issue has been resolved. We review deactivated websites every 5 to 7 business days.

To check status, visit the CloudFlare My Websites page:

https://www.cloudflare.com/my-websites.html
    Last edited by FWH Nicolas; 01-02-2014 at 07:37 PM.
    I'm not a native English speaker and my writing and (even) understanding of the language is far, far away from fluent.

You should give it a trial for maybe 1 week or so, if it solves the problem stick with it. It isn't complicated to set up.

not so good for me

cloudflare doesn't seem to be that great for me. I like the idea of it and I like how it shows me my analyitcs and how much bandwidth I saved by using them. for my site though running ipb idk if its me or them but sometimes when i or someone makes a forum post on my site it will lag and sort of get in an indefinite load and never redirect to the post made. again i never tried there paid service so maybe its just the free isnt as good

Post Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by furry View Post
    cloudflare doesn't seem to be that great for me. I like the idea of it and I like how it shows me my analyitcs and how much bandwidth I saved by using them. for my site though running ipb idk if its me or them but sometimes when i or someone makes a forum post on my site it will lag and sort of get in an indefinite load and never redirect to the post made. again i never tried there paid service so maybe its just the free isnt as good

That sounds more like a server issue than anything. We wouldn't impact a dynamic update like that (we don't impact dynamic content by default).

To be quite honest, I've had some pretty good results by using CloudFront and Google Pagespeed!

You could give that a try if you've got access to the server modules, if not, then CF may be a very good option for you. (Not to slack Cloudflare, btw, they do a great job)
    AssetGateway
    █ Skype da_arco

Post Hi,

"If I was paying 200$ for a DDoS Protection and got suspended, I can imagine what you do for your Free and PRO clients."

We have changed a lot over the past year (Business/Enterprise customers aren't forced direct). Free and Pro accounts currently have limited DDoS protection through I'm Under Attack mode, but we will be making some changes there as well next year (at this time, however, we rarely force a site direct...it has to be causing issues for other customers before we pull that trigger).

That was 1 year ago, I hope you changed your system and your way to deal with your client.[/QUOTE]

I've been using Cloudflare for quite some time. While it works great on the site it does interfere with my vBulletin 5 editor, works great on WordPress though.
    BlackBerry Empire the #1 BlackBerry news site along with an active BlackBerry forum. Come join the discussion!

Post Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by heredia21 View Post
    I've been using Cloudflare for quite some time. While it works great on the site it does interfere with my vBulletin 5 editor, works great on WordPress though.
    The editor issue is probably being caused by an optional performance feature (Rocket Loader or Auto Minify). You can set a Page Rule to exclude that url from CloudFlare's optional performance features.