Datacenter's Professionalism

Do you think it is right for the datacenter to null your shared IP of your dedicated server, because ONE client had a phishing site, they notify you at 12/27/2013 14:09:56

Since we responded at 12/27/2013 15:35:01
    Hi,

This customer was removed earlier on today.

they went ahead and said at 12/27/2013 15:42:43
    Hello

The server was null routed due to ticket 983630 for illegal activity.

Thank you
    Ernest

They nulled the IP. I won't say any names, but we had already terminated the phishing client at Account Suspended on clam1.clamhost.com (h4l.pw)

From cPanel on clam1.clamhost.comAdd contact Date Today 6:30 am
    <- <<- -> []
    +===================================+
    | Account Info |
    | Domain: h4l.pw
    | UserName: hlpw
    Account suspended by root (root)

Reason:
    Terms of Service Breach ( Phishing Site )

Why do you think it was right that the datacenter nulled my cPanel server's SHARED IP as soon as they received the complaint? When I was with IOFlood/PhoenixNap I had 24 hours to let them know if I got rid of the scumbag before they considered nulling the IP.

I want your opinion.

I would understand if the IP was targeted by a DDOS attack of some sort but in this case I think a notice in advance would have been better, unless of course the phishing site was already causing lots of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneZSolutions View Post
    I would understand if the IP was targeted by a DDOS attack of some sort but in this case I think a notice in advance would have been better, unless of course the phishing site was already causing lots of damage.
    Thank you for your opinion, that is how we felt. They immediately null routed then IP upon hearing the complaint and didn't un null it till over 2 hours after we let them know "hey he was terminated this morning".

It depends on the severity of the incident. A full-on PayPal clone that's suddenly pulling in a ton of bandwidth? Yeah, I can see that getting nulled, and I would expect the DC to bring it back as soon as I can demonstrate that the client was terminated.

This is where having a good working relationship with the DC comes in handy. If one of our shared servers or VPS nodes suddenly went down and I couldn't network in, I know I can get a resolution in minutes.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    It depends on the severity of the incident. A full-on PayPal clone that's suddenly pulling in a ton of bandwidth? Yeah, I can see that getting nulled, and I would expect the DC to bring it back as soon as I can demonstrate that the client was terminated.

This is where having a good working relationship with the DC comes in handy. If one of our shared servers or VPS nodes suddenly went down and I couldn't network in, I know I can get a resolution in minutes.
    Yea I see what your saying, the clients site wasn't even active yet. It was accessible through the shared ip. Unfortunately we're using another provider for our shared hosting cpanel server.