Question Recurring Discount - Valid for upgrades too?

I have seen in the advertising section that many hosts offer lifetime recurring discount. I know that this means future renewals will also have the same discount term. But, is recurring discount valid for upgrades too? By upgrade, I mean within a hosting type e.g. Standard Shared to Pro Shared type.

I think this may vary from company to company. So, I prefer to ask the company each time. But what is the general process?

Generally the term "lifetime promo" means that it will be valid for upgrades. But it's best to ask the web host if you ever have a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by AcclaimedHost Alan View Post
    Generally the term "lifetime promo" means that it will be valid for upgrades. But it's best to ask the web host if you ever have a doubt
    This, it should be valid but every business is different so it's best to check with them first.

Quote Originally Posted by sujay85 View Post
    I think this may vary from company to company. So, I prefer to ask the company each time. But what is the general process?
    Typically, a lifetime discount is valid for upgrades / downgrades if within hosting type i.e. shared to shared or VPS to VPS. An upgrade from shared to a VPS for example may not be valid. Always best to ask your host.
    LampNetworks - Affordable Web Hosting
    Hosting locations in United Kingdom & United States
    cPanel+Softaculous | 99.9% Uptime SLA | Daily & Monthly Backups
    Custom Hosting Plans Available - Select and Pay only for the Quotas YOU need

Good question. The answer may vary from host to host this is when it comes to time to read the terms of service of the provider before you sign up with them. Or you can always alternatively do what most people do when buying hosting from a new provider they ever met is to ask them as many questions as they feel like / have to make them feel good and comfty with that host.

Most times also providers should have this information in their terms or service which you ah souls read but if you don't find this information where ever you see them advertising the promo it's a good thing to ask them if the promo goes on for life with you account as long as you don't upgrade or downgrade to another service not a plan. So from plan to plan is good shared hosting to vps it won't roll over.

Usually, Yes, as long as you don't change of the service, I mean, Ex: from shared to VPS.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    Usually, Yes, as long as you don't change of the service, I mean, Ex: from shared to VPS.
    Thank you. I talked with two hosts recently and both of them confirmed it too.

Generally yes, but different hosts have different definition for the same term. It is always recommended to ask to the provider first and then go ahead.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

If the host shows "lifetime" it should be ongoing forever. I would be disappointed to see other.
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

Make sure that you clarify with the hosts / plans in questions first. Make absolutely certain that if you wish to upgrade the "discount" will come with you as it may be a one time offer only applicable for your initial purchase.
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

Quote Originally Posted by sujay85 View Post
    I have seen in the advertising section that many hosts offer lifetime recurring discount. I know that this means future renewals will also have the same discount term. But, is recurring discount valid for upgrades too? By upgrade, I mean within a hosting type e.g. Standard Shared to Pro Shared type.

It's best if you contact the host and find out, each provider has their own restrictions on how their promotions can be used up. It's great that you are collecting public opinion but it's always better to read up on the company policies or talk to their sales team about their promo details