* Which methods of payment are most appealing to clients.

Hello,

Which methods of payment are most appealing to clients?

Given the downfall of Liberty Reserve and now Payza currently not being able to serve US clients, I wanted to add more payment options besides having PayPal and credit cards.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.

In my opinion , customer when doing online transaction wants its be secure so you already have paypal and credit card which has some kind of insurance in it.
    Coming back to your point , its more important to understand your client base. If you have more clients coming from specific country / continent then you should focus on adding their preferred payment gateways
    CFG Web Hosting Company, Haryana, India
    Premium CDN Based cPanel Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Follow Twitter:@cfghosting - www.cfg.co.in - +91.8988113379

Have you considered Bitcoin?

The best options are Credit Card, PayPal, Money Order, Check, and Bank Wire Transfer. A lot of people are looking at Bitcoin, but most larger companies don't accept this so you might not be able to reuse that currency to pay for your monthly/yearly business expenses.

Or convert Bitcoins to US dollars...
    Hosting And Designs L.L.C. Since 2002 --> http://www.hostinganddesigns.com/HD/
    Tech Blog: http://www.hostinganddesigns.com/Blog/
    Sales: Lars A Jensen. Direct: 503-999-7518 9am-5+pm

We have a small hosting company, too. Most of them pay by Paypal and others with bank transfer.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

Quote Originally Posted by TouchSupport View Post
    A lot of people are looking at Bitcoin, but most larger companies don't accept this so you might not be able to reuse that currency to pay for your monthly/yearly business expenses.
    It's easy. Use Bitpay.com's service, they even have a pre-built WHMCS module to help you automate bitcoin payments. They allow you to choose your own settlement options. You can choose to store x% amount of every payment as bitcoin and x% amount in any currency you wish (USD, CAD, GBP, etc.) and are paid out to you each day via bank transfer or to your bitcoin wallet if you decide to keep the BTC.

You can use 2checkout that's enable you to receive most preferred payment way. They have 8 payment options, via 2checkout you can receive paypal,debit/credit/amex card from your client.
    AdroitSSD LLC - Incredible™ Cloud Hosting Platform | Monthly 100% Uptime Record
    Cheap Hosting - Lightspeed | Softaculuos | SpamExpert | - Higher Disk I/O | 30Min Ticket Response
    WordPress Optimized SSD Hosting | Pure SSD | Realtime Malware Scanner | cPanel

Most clients use Paypal and bank transfer

I think whichever the country is PayPal is the most appealing to the clients.

Quote Originally Posted by JixHost View Post
    Hello,

Which methods of payment are most appealing to clients?

Given the downfall of Liberty Reserve and now Payza currently not being able to serve US clients, I wanted to add more payment options besides having PayPal and credit cards.
    I think you would be the best to answer this question, have you ever gotten any inquiries regarding alternative payment methods (other than what you already offer)?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

After LR's failure I think PerfectMoney got most of their customers. So you can add PM + bank wire option. 2CO is a good idea also.

Quote Originally Posted by Host Dingle View Post
    You can use 2checkout that's enable you to receive most preferred payment way. They have 8 payment options, via 2checkout you can receive paypal,debit/credit/amex card from your client.
    Agreed, I personally used them in the past when I had my own hosting business and never ever had issues with them. The dramatic decrease in fraud was also a plus.

FYI I had processed thousands of dollars through 2Checkout weekly and was able to negotiate the rates, so keep that in mind should you be in the same boat.

Paypal is the most preferred gateway worldwide, but now a days people also like Skrill, Perfect Money and OkPay.

Paypal would be better.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Cisneros View Post
    Agreed, I personally used them in the past when I had my own hosting business and never ever had issues with them.

Please share your secret, a lot of us here have had a terrible experience with them randomly closing accounts and a higher fraud rate (if you process cards yourself you can run the address through AVS, etc, but 2CO accepts 12345 abcde st as a valid address).

OP: How about things such as Western Union?

PayPal and Debit/Credit Card seem to be the most popular ones.

Our clients order of preference is: PayPal, Stripe, Skrill, Bitcoin but that is all we offer. Over the years we have had a few enquires about using WU but on the whole, alternative payment methods is not a question that is asked. We also opened AlertPay, Google Checkout and 2CO accounts but never used them.
    LampNetworks - Affordable Web Hosting
    Hosting locations in United Kingdom & United States
    cPanel+Softaculous | 99.9% Uptime SLA | Daily & Monthly Backups
    Custom Hosting Plans Available - Select and Pay only for the Quotas YOU need