Hosting a multi user wordpress site?

Currently created a wordpress site through ipage and had some questions about hosting. The site itself is setup for multiple users who will have their own logins, and once logged in can dowload files(mostly documents). I am worried that the ipage bandwith will not be enough as the site itself is a subdomain that shares bandwith with a few other sites as well. I am trying to figure out what is the best way to host this type of site where multiple users may be logged in at the same time, downloading multiple documents at the same time, without having the servers timing out. What are the best options?

Thank you.

Have you thought about using a plugin along with some sort of external file hosting service such as dropbox? This way the bandwidth will not be used for downloading the documents from your site, and this will also save on disk space. I do believe you can set certain features in dropbox to allow security.
    Jordan D - DeguWeb Ltd
    Shared cPanel hosting ~ Softaculous ~ 24x7x365 Support
    1 hour first response support guarantee, we focus on quality and not being cheap

DO you mean integrating a plugin through wordpress? If the files will be linked on tables created on wordpress pages... will this method be possible? Sounds like a good idea, just don't know how to go about it...

I would look into using a CDN to reduce the bandwidth and resources used for serving static files.

To be honest, I think you are overthinking it. I have alot of sites, and the bandwidth is significantly lower then expected. Even if people are downloading documents, I dont see this as something that will be severely bandwidth intensive.

yes, if you become really popular you will eventually outgrow ipage, and you simply upgrade to a suitable vps or dedi.

What kind of plan do you have? If it's a normal shared plan, they're selling "unlimited" bandwidth. 1TB on the VPS plan is also quite a lot unless you're offering something like movies or install CDs for download.

Take a look at VPS.net (no affiliate), they have a cloud based wordpress service, might be interesting.