Post VPS Twitch.tv Streaming

Hello, I am completely new to hosting so forgive me if I do not understand the terminology. However I digress, I would like to stream to Twitch.tv however my upload speed it preventing me from doing so. Is there anyway a VPS may help me to solve this issue? Maybe, and forgive my ignorance, if I were to upload a video to the server that is then streamed to Twitch.tv? In an ideal world, I would upload the pre-recorded video or gameplay to the VPS, the video would then be streamed by the VPS; however, I would live-stream audio from my computer to the VPS that would combine the live audio and the pre-recorded video to be streamed to a Twitch.tv. Clearly, this is a fantasy created by my ignorant mind, but would anything like this be possible, or can you suggest any alternatives? Thank you!

Well, I mean... How do I explain this.. If you want a live connection, basically the initial connection would be the connection that you're on. If you are making the videos first, then wanting to upload them... You can create the videos, move them to a VPS, then upload them. But live streaming, I don't think they will would help you much unless you have a software that connected to your computer or camera, and did it. It all depends on what you're doing.