Looking for a server for 400 sites

I'm looking for a server for about 400 low traffic sites. Some minimum specs I'm looking for:

RAM I'd need 6GB - 8GB, hard drive space at least 100GB (prefer more), and traffic is low so anything over 100GB is plenty. I also need it managed and CPanel. At least 4 IP addresses also needed.

Are there any provider recommendations? I currently pay about $70 a month for hosting and I have no problem paying that, less or a little more.

You're going to struggle to get a Managed Dedicated Server for that price, might be better off going for a Managed VPS, cPanel VPS License is about half the price of a Dedicated Server license too.

I actually have a managed VPS at the moment, but it's struggling with about 200 sites and I want to consolidate a couple of my hosting accounts. I actually have closer to 300 sites. The VPS I have has 3GB of RAM. I would be open to a VPS also.

This is just to get an idea. I wouldn't be ready to move hosts for about a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by qualityeye View Post
    I actually have a managed VPS at the moment, but it's struggling with about 200 sites and I want to consolidate a couple of my hosting accounts. I actually have closer to 300 sites. The VPS I have has 3GB of RAM. I would be open to a VPS also.

This is just to get an idea. I wouldn't be ready to move hosts for about a month or so.
    Is it an OpenVZ VPS? If so, you might be better moving to two slightly smaller Xen VPS?

A Managed Dedicated Server for that Price Range though isn't going to happen, if it does, it'd probably be worse than your VPS.

It's on a server with Virtuozzo. Almost all of the sites are WordPress based. I own most of them so a little downtime here and there isn't a big deal, as long as it isn't days of downtime.

It might be a more affordable choice to simply purchase another VPS alongside your current one and spread sites out across both of them, alternatively look into optimizing WordPress if you haven't already.

Have you considered using Technology such as LiteSpeed instead of Apache? That will greatly increase loading times.

I have not thought of LiteSpeed at all. Will it ruin any of my sites or would I have to re-configure any of my sites?

I have not thought of LiteSpeed at all. Will it ruin any of my sites or would I have to re-configure any of my sites?
    LiteSpeed is Apache compatible, it's very similar to Apache, but around 6 times faster and has some extra security features, such as DDoS Protection Systems. You might want to take a look into using it, it'd definitely help improve performance.

if you want litespeed too then cpanel and litespeed alone will eat up your budget. try to increase budget or try vps.

It's on a server with Virtuozzo. Almost all of the sites are WordPress based. I own most of them so a little downtime here and there isn't a big deal, as long as it isn't days of downtime.
    why not get one more VPS with 4 GB RAM.
    And transfer few websites from current VPS to new VPS.

If you want to migrate to a dedicated server, you should consider minimum 8GB RAM with a good CPU.

Managed server will come around $200 / month with cPanel.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

My budget isn't set in stone. After adding everything up I actually spend about $80 per month (including a couple of reseller accounts). I can afford to spend a lot more and I'm actually considering it if will bring me more stability and faster websites. I'll look around, right now I'm in between either a much higher spec VPS, two VPS's and a dedicated server. I have about a month to think things through.

My budget isn't set in stone. After adding everything up I actually spend about $80 per month (including a couple of reseller accounts). I can afford to spend a lot more and I'm actually considering it if will bring me more stability and faster websites. I'll look around, right now I'm in between either a much higher spec VPS, two VPS's and a dedicated server. I have about a month to think things through.

I am sure 400 sites will soon grow.... so, to avoid more downtime in moving in the future, dedicated server is the best way. You can even configure it with nginx to handle such sites. No need for litespeed unless you have some heavy sites.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001