hosting advice needed for a image sharing website

I need some advice, i want to make an image sharing website where people can upload their own images for others to view, I'm aware that this will use up a lot of memory and bandwidth, what are some good options for me.

i saw amazons s3 cloud service but wasn't sure if this was something that i could use it for?

what is out there that i can look at to see how much it will cost per TB and other hosting costs for this, or some good hosting sites that could support this, and also would amazon s3 work for holding the images and be quick enough for users who would want to view them?

I would say go for a VPS or dedicated server as you will need a lot of Memory. They are expensive but suitable for your need.

Middletown, USA
    How much you want to pay for?you can run your site on a vps.what is your estimated Ram and HDD usage?
    You can go with sone hosters which offer unmetered traffic - Managed and Unmanaged Virtual & Dedicated Server|XenServer Windows & Linux VPS
    - New York City|Miami|Singapore|Hong Kong|UK|Netherlands|Germany|France|Canada​|Lithuania|Dallas
    - VPS and Dedicated Servers in 11 Global location 100% Pure SSD Reseller & Shared Host
    cPanel NOC| Microsoft SPLA| PayPal, Credit Card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Payza, WebMoney, PerfectMoney Accepted!

Best way would be a Budget Dedicated Server, most Dedicated Servers have Dual 2TB HDDs at low cost, depends on your Budget.

You could go for a VPS but you probably can't get as much storage space as a Dedicated Server.

A good way to tackle it would be that files uploaded for free are deleted automatically after a few months, whilst premium (paid) members files stay permanently (or until their premium runs out) - This would help with costs, and obviously you wouldn't have to charge a huge amount for premium either? Just an idea.

I would start with a lowend VPS as storage then expand to Hetzner storage servers later. S3 is very expensive if you store large amounts.

First thing is you should check if the host you are looking up to allows image hosting. Secondly, I would recommend a dedicated servers or more for such kind of a website depending on the type of real traffic you have. Checking TOS is the most important factor here.
    || Tecsys Solutions LLC | Outperforming the Performers!! ||
    || Outsourced Server Management and Technical Support Solutions ||
    || Now Offering Secure Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers specially setup for Hosting Providers ||
    || ||

i will need more than 50tb of memory and growing, there will be lots of pictures that will get a lot of views and i want to know of some good hosting companies for this. would amazon s3 be good for storing the photos and a dedicated server to handle all the requests to view them? i don't know much about this sort of stuff would this work?

Its an old thread on here but it may help you -

Dhaka, Bangladesh.
    50TB of space? how many billions of images are you going to host?

Most host do not allow image sharing on shared hosting.
    You better fit in a low cost VPS with nginx.

Nginx is very good for static contents and so for image sharing websites.
    Also, use free cloudflare account with your website.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Web Hosting Tutorials

New York
    I suggest why not try out with vps initially and then go for a dedicated server.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

Quote Originally Posted by alex0 View Post
    I suggest why not try out with vps initially and then go for a dedicated server.
    or cloud plans ? Both will work perfect for OP .
    Fastest . Reliable . Affordable Web Hosting by MNCHOST.COM

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers | Premium Bandwidth | New SSD-US Servers

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Go with a cheap dedicated server that offers a ton of bw. It does not have to be the best as in this case, quantity will prevail over quality.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network. | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.