* Limited bandwidth question

Thank you all for the great forum!

I am planning to have several blogs and 2-3 forums (moderate to large in size with target of 30,000 - 50,000+ active members each)so I was trying to select reliable hosting company as you never know how all those will grow... Looks like all web hosting companies seem to have some limitations ( please help me what is more important):

MDDhosting - no unlimited bandwidth; 25 concurrent MySQL connections limit; only 100,000 files limit?

Stablehost - unlimited bandwidth; only 10 concurrent MySQL connections; 250,000 files limit?

it was suggested here in the forum to look at disk i/o etc in TOS...but i was not able to find much additional info in TOS of the above.

Please suggest which hosting to choose to get the most "feature rich" shared hosting ( may be any additional companies to consider as well)

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Any provider that utilizes CloudLinux LVE will have CPU, memory, conncurrent connections, processes, and disk i/o limitations set on a per plan/account basis. To find these out (if not listed on their website) is best to contact them and ask specifically. Although depending on the amount of actual traffic and usage your sites require you may want to look into getting a VPS instead so you get access to dedicated resources.

How many people are online at any given time? We've seen people hit the limits of shared hosting around 20-25 people online at the same time. Anything above that will want a semi-dedicated/VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by old575 View Post
    I am planning to have several blogs and 2-3 forums (moderate to large in size with target of 30,000 - 50,000+ active members each)
    Are you planning to host all these under one shared hosting account??
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by ravi_9793 View Post
    Are you planning to host all these under one shared hosting account??
    thanks, i see now...

but can i just start with one shared account now at the very beginning and upgrade later (depending upon the growth) to semi-dedicated or VPS (one or more)?

thanks!

thanks, i see now...

but can i just start with one shared account now at the very beginning and upgrade later (depending upon the growth) to semi-dedicated or VPS (one or more)?

thanks!
    Yes, you can. But if you have average traffic on each websites, you may need separate shared hosting for each website.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

thanks, i see now...

thanks!
    If this is a website you are just starting out with, I really wouldn't worry to much about limits as much as I would quality. Reason being, once your site is no longer suitable for shared web hosting, it wont matter what provider you are with as everyone essentially has the same limitations in place (generally speaking of course).
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Beginner

Hey please tell me about web hosting in detail i am completely new here !!!!!

i really do not think your sites will fit in a shared host. daily 50k active member mean atleast 200 members online at the same time. try to get a good vps.

Base what you buy on what you currently need. A typical novice mistake that earns web hosts a lot of money is vastly overestimating what they actually require in terms of resources. I'm sure you'd love to have three busy forums, but do you have them now? It can take years to build up forum activity — take it from someone who's done it several times — so investing too early is a waste of money.

If you must, put the surplus money aside for later (more expensive) hosting plans and just get a reliable but affordable plan for now. With today's software it's a cinch to move you to more powerful plans as needed. You'll also have a much better understanding of what your projects actually need once you start hitting limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Aashish1 View Post
    Hey please tell me about web hosting in detail i am completely new here !!!!!
    Why don't you open your own thread?