Angry Arvixe it is time to let go, just frustrated you guys waste my time

Arvixe friends, fans, Arvand, and staff, as well has WT Greetings,

i have begun a small business about a year ago and was searching for a webhost, since we were building a couple of websites per month so no worries dons of traffic and heavy data,

however due to a good reputation to my business we have gone grazy with projects and develop now + 10 sites a week, and so ofcourse in the country i live in technologie is like 30 years behind, stable host? NAH, windows 3.1 running still and not creating to much effort into improving as long as Mr. Slim is the big dady of tech in my country,

any how i though i would go with arvixe, some good comments, some good reviews, first they were pretty good, i must say that they new their stuff, or should i just assume they could handle well small projects and answering stupid questions i had back in the day, but now i need better solution to my problems, i have sites that give me + 170ms ping, almost at every stage i get cpanel errors when trying to configure framwwork version, changing home page, page loads in + 50 seconds, all suden i get 500 errors without having touched the website, list goes on, i signed up for a Vps, asked them to migrate and answer was NO, so just putting out my frustration here,

sorry my grammer is not good, english is not my primary language,

Thanks for listening, feeling better now...

Some providers are a mystery, but not all of them are the same. And as always, there is two sides of the story.
    --
    I think that maybe you should get a managed VPS with a premium provider like WiredTree or Knownhost which are very popular around here. I'm pretty sure that if you give them the cPanel access to your accounts they'll migrate you over .

GL

Thanks Dustin,

the only problem is moving, i have remote softwares setup to connect to remote servers, (arvixe) i can move and i have though about it a long time already to do so, but at this point i have no choice,

Quote Originally Posted by davidfriesen View Post
    my problems, i have sites that give me + 170ms ping,
    Ping is NOT a speed test. Too many newbies repeat this myth, and I can only assume that's where you've gotten this.

almost at every stage i get cpanel errors when trying to configure framwwork version, changing home page, page loads in + 50 seconds, all suden i get 500 errors without having touched the website, list goes on,
    This could just as easily be your site code, not the host.

i signed up for a Vps, asked them to migrate and answer was NO, so just putting out my frustration here,
    VPS = your own server, and you're responsible for doing everything. That means migrating your own sites. Some VPS-only managed hosts will do this for you, up to a max # of sites, and charge for others. It's not an easy point-and-click operation to migrate sites.

sorry my grammer is not good, english is not my primary language,
    I think you did fine.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

What is your location? You say your country is behind on technology, so i guess internet speeds are also not very fast.
    Are your customers visitors local in your area or the websites you build are global?
    If the first - you might want to look for a provider with physical servers closer to you guys. Otherwise maybe you get quite a ping to Arvixe (they are in the US) but your visitors are happy with the speeds.
    Or maybe you outgrew your we bhosting plan.
    Can you tell us what do you currently use ? A shared account or a VPS?
    Maybe a reseller account would be better for you. Give us more details please.

@kpmedia, Unfortunately it has become a fashion here at WHT to support the host and bash the client, without looking at what the person is saying.

See below where you are wrong. Not entirely, but try to write in a way that does not give impression of being partial to a side.

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Ping is NOT a speed test. Too many newbies repeat this myth, and I can only assume that's where you've gotten this.
    [ping gives fair indication of relative latency of servers. May be it is not completely reliable test, but the method is not bad to compare hosts/servers, from latency point of view.]

This could just as easily be your site code, not the host.
    [he mentioned it happened on running site without making changes from his side]

VPS = your own server, and you're responsible for doing everything. That means migrating your own sites. Some VPS-only managed hosts will do this for you, up to a max # of sites, and charge for others. It's not an easy point-and-click operation to migrate sites.

[I think Arvixe provides managed plans mostly. How much of Arvixe do you know?]

I think you did fine.
    [Agree ]
    Crux: Be fair.
    Last edited by qtriangle; 12-24-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    Qtriangle - Website development and web hosting solutions
    The very best of PHP/MySQL development services

"trying to configure framwwork version" doesn't sounds like no changes to me.

Ping is when two servers say hello to each other. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, it's not a speed test.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    "trying to configure framwwork version" doesn't sounds like no changes to me.

Ping is when two servers say hello to each other. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, it's not a speed test.
    @kpmedia
    You are twisting his statements. How? see below.

"at every stage i get cpanel errors when trying to configure framwwork version, changing home page, page loads in + 50 seconds, all suden i get 500 errors without having touched the website"

"Making changes" and "500 errors" are mutually exclusive in this statement.

And results of ping can change if a host changes his networking routes. If he says ping it doesn't mean he is saying server performance.

You are twisting and assuming so many things here. Don't try to read what is not written. Try to be objective, not subjective, especially when you are giving opinion on some issue.
    Qtriangle - Website development and web hosting solutions
    The very best of PHP/MySQL development services

Hi David,

I have located your tickets and am working on them for you now. Please stand by for further updates there.

A few things though for anyone who may not be familiar with our Windows hosting. While there is a control panel, it is not cpanel based. cPanel/WHM is its own product. The control panel you are accessing on our Windows servers is Websitepanel, and it pulls most of its website specific settings from your web.config file. If there are errors in that file they will carry over to the panel. Changing the framework version can cause the symptoms you are describing causing both the site and the panel to have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-Arvixe View Post
    Hi David,

I have located your tickets and am working on them for you now. Please stand by for further updates there.

A few things though for anyone who may not be familiar with our Windows hosting. While there is a control panel, it is not cpanel based. cPanel/WHM is its own product. The control panel you are accessing on our Windows servers is Websitepanel, and it pulls most of its website specific settings from your web.config file. If there are errors in that file they will carry over to the panel. Changing the framework version can cause the symptoms you are describing causing both the site and the panel to have issues.
    Mike is correct, WebSitePanel heavily depends on Web.config file but that is not fault of WebSitePanel, it is the way how IIS stores configuration in web.config file. When you have errors in your web.config file then same will reflect in the WebSitePanel.
    LoopByte
    India Based Dedicated Servers, VPS & Hosting Services