Managed VPS in Europe for Opencart e-commerce site
Hi all, I'm currently managing an Opencart e-commerce website in Italy, on a good shared host.
I'm generally satisfied with my current host but we need to improve the overall performances of our site and we are evaluating to do the big jump to VPS world. So I'm here to ask you your recommendations/experiences for a good vps for us, with these general requirements:
- Our current site is not really busy of traffic and contacts, we are talking about 20-25K average contacts per day.
- Performance issues are mainly due, according to our analysis, to mysql db queries (200-300 queries per page) with no possibility to cache in memory anything
- around 10.000 products and
So our estimated needs are:
- managed VPS: we are quite autonomous with applications and standard configuration through control panel (currently we use cpanel, but also Plesk or other similar ones, should not be a problem). On the other side we need the VPS should be maintained, updated, and every issue or down solved quickly.
- Datacenter location: EUROPE
- 2 CPU
- 15-20GB HD (fast - possibly SSD or SSD-cached)
- no idea about virtualization
- Need to use APC e SPHINX
- Budget: as low as possible... but for a good service. Let's say around 50€/month (or 70 USD/month)
- Final/optional: if possibile to have a free trial for 1-2 weeks or money back guarantee, to test the solution before buying.
- Optional: special optimizations for Opencart applications, if any, or skilled staff on it for any need.
Most providers offer a money back guarantee of some sort anyways so you should be all set as for "trying" providers services. I am not aware of any provider that gives any free trials due to the abusive nature this would bring any host offering this. OpenCart is also a pretty widely and known product so you will probably have good luck finding a host that has people who know how to manage it for you, lots of people on the forum willing to help and a boat load of documents and how-to's on google.