HBA for storage server

For backup server with 12xST3000DM001 what the best option to HBA for mdraid raid6 with SFF-8087?
    This drives dont have Enterprise features so is bad idea use hardware raid right?

Thanks,

IBM Serveraid M1015 is relatively inexpensive and can be cross flashed into a LSI 9211-IT. Supports 6.0Gb SAS and has 2x 8087 connectors.
    ASTUTE HOSTING: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, PEER1, Shaw, Tinet)
    MicroServers.io: Enterprise Dedicated Hardware with IPMI at VPS-like Prices using AS63213 Affordable Bandwidth (Cogent, HE, Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

We use the QLE2562SP for our hypervisors in active/active MPIO w/ two 8GB strands.

I also used their older counterparts, the 4GB, but I don't recall the model number and we don't have them in production anymore for me to check. However, I have never once seen one of these fail ever.

Used em with Cisco fabrics or direct to HP MSA, currently using them with both an XIO and Compellent array using vSAN. Some light usage of NPIV as well. Everything seems extremely stable, we typically run out of storage before capacity on the HBA.
    Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

Quote Originally Posted by hhw View Post
    IBM Serveraid M1015 is relatively inexpensive and can be cross flashed into a LSI 9211-IT. Supports 6.0Gb SAS and has 2x 8087 connectors.
    As an addon card to any server these are both cheap and work really well in IT mode.

Depending on what you need on the cpu side, Supermicro did some great boards like the X8SI6-F with an integrated LSI 2008 hba chip (same one as the 9211 cards) or the X10SL7-F (LSI 2308 hba chip) that gets you to 14 ports in total and is usually cheaper than buying a separate board and card.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    High ram servers with lots of IPs back in stock.
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com