Thumbs down Still waiting 21+ hours for an OS reload

WholeSaleInternet.

Two days since I have been unable to connect to my box in anyway, shape or form. I have no KVM over IP or remote reboot access.

They rebooted the box twice in single user mode and I attempted to resolve it and it couldn't be done. Got tired of waiting mutiple hours for them to reply to reboot into single user mode so I could try again so asked for an OS reload.

21 hours later, the OS reload still hasn't happened thus it's been a grand total of 2 days since the box has been unusable. An OS reload takes literally 5 minutes to get started.

This is unacceptable regardless of what time of the year it is.

It looks like that. Why don't you order a KVM over IP device? Do they offer it as add-on service?
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    It looks like that. Why don't you order a KVM over IP device? Do they offer it as add-on service?
    Unsure, I think you have to request it as a separate addon. Have emailed their sales/billing team over it but don't expect a reply as their sales/billing is only M-F. I still don't understand why it's taking so long for an OS install. It's a pretty automated process to install, they could quickly get it going and go back to whatever else they were doing before.

Paged them (Had no idea pager technology still exists)

Finally got an update.

Hello,

It is still in the work queue at this time. I am working on getting all reloads done.

KVM over IP is free and it's a limited KVM if I remember correctly. If they have any available and you don't get put on the waiting list this may not be a bad direction to take.

Our storage servers (and a few project servers I own) have never had issues with reboots/reloads...usually reboots within 15 minutes and reloads within 3 hours.

Hopefully you get it going soon!
    David Byrne | Dedispec, LLC.
    Affordable Dedicated Servers | Storage & GPU Servers | Web Hosting | Colocation | West Virginia, Missouri & Texas
    www.dedispec.com - sales@dedispec.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dedispec View Post
    KVM over IP is free and it's a limited KVM if I remember correctly. If they have any available and you don't get put on the waiting list this may not be a bad direction to take.

Our storage servers (and a few project servers I own) have never had issues with reboots/reloads...usually reboots within 15 minutes and reloads within 3 hours.

Hopefully you get it going soon!
    From what I've been reading you can repartion and reinstall the OS over VNC but I don't suppose that'd be much help to me without SSH access when the box is refusing all connections over the internet.

Bob from WholeSaleInternet has personally taken my server offline to do the reload and has credited 2 days worth of credits for the downtime. Much appreciated, I'm satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by A Goat View Post
    Bob from WholeSaleInternet has personally taken my server offline to do the reload and has credited 2 days worth of credits for the downtime. Much appreciated, I'm satisfied.
    Glad to hear that, definitely nice of them to compensate for the delay!
    David Byrne | Dedispec, LLC.
    Affordable Dedicated Servers | Storage & GPU Servers | Web Hosting | Colocation | West Virginia, Missouri & Texas
    www.dedispec.com - sales@dedispec.com

Once again back to waiting hours for them to respond to a ticket where I'm unable to connect to the box and their initiated reboot into single user mode hasn't resolved it.

This is beyond a joke. They even ignore my side questions about the remote reboot access.

Quote Originally Posted by A Goat View Post
    Once again back to waiting hours for them to respond to a ticket where I'm unable to connect to the box and a reboot into single user mode hasn't resolved it.

This is beyond a joke. They even ignore my side questions about the remote reboot access.
    If is so difficult to reload the OS ( common is not win98 ) what they will do to replace a hard drive, maybe in a RAID-10 ? Common ....

I hope that this will be soon solved for you...

Regards
    George B. | ROWEBCA
    Web Hosting Services & Server Management

Quote Originally Posted by Rowebca View Post
    If is so difficult to reload the OS what they will do to replace a hard drive, maybe in a RAID-10 ? Common ....

I hope that this will be soon solved for you...

Regards
    The OS reload has occurred, but now I cannot connect via SSH (I'm guessing the firewall is blocking it) so asked them to reboot into single user mode. They did that and I still couldn't gain a SSH connection in single user mode. So I replied to the ticket about two hours ago explaining this and no reply yet.

An unreachable box on the web is the equivalent of a box being harddown so you'd think they'd respond in a reasonable timeframe. I have the ticket marked as critical, yet no response. Sigh

Damn, I'd be looking for a new provider at this point...

Looks like you're repeately blocking yourself out through iptables. Perhaps a fully-managed server would be more appropriate, or at least a VPS / dedi with a control panel that allows you to reboot and reload the OS yourself.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

having a read, i've seen WSI have had a huge increase in orders etc

We've been using them for 6months, and i can't really fault them. Support has been spot on and fast (apart from IPv6 rDNS that's been added to the work queue)

You need to be patience, and like @foodolph mentioned maybe a fully managed server is a better option.

im so sorry to know your experience with wii, when im still use them they have fast and helpfull support dont know now.
    Maybe because they get too much increase order that make their support busy