Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    How the heck do you consider PHP 5.4 stone age? Your perception of time is seriously screwed up.
    If you can't support a new major php version more then 6 months after it is released as stable, then your are living in the stone age. Remember there will be a new major php version released every year, and they need to learn to adapt to that.

Quote Originally Posted by about: View Post
    I am currently running WHMCS on PHP 5.4.x, and I have invested in a owned life time licenses at Blesta. I am currently working on developing two modules that I need before I can migrate to Blesta, so it will take some time.
    If you need time, then why shouldn't you give WHMCS time????
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

If you can't support a new major php version more then 6 months after it is released as stable, then your are living in the stone age. Remember there will be a new major php version released every year, and they need to learn to adapt to that.
    Ioncube took MONTHS to release loaders. By your logic here, Ioncube is just as screwed up as WHMCS.
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    Fantastic, so until then, stop complaining/ranting/informing/whatever you want to call it?
    I have the right to complain, because I am paid for a life time WHMCS license, and I am paying a fee every year for updates to that software.

If you need time, then why shouldn't you give WHMCS time????
    That is a idiotic comparison. I am not developing and selling software to anybody else, so I do not have that responsibility.

I see this is getting to be a ugly discussion. Feel free to continue discussing with yourself. I will not reply to any more post from you.

Feel free to continue discussing with yourself. I will not reply to any more post from you.
    People love to say this when they either do not get their way or don't hear that they want to hear.

Ioncube took months to support 5.5. Completely amazing that you expect WHMCS to be any different considering they didn't have loaders to work with during that time.

I accually lol'ed at this thread, the OP doesn't read, but many people don't so ah well.

WHMCS works fine on 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, the Ioncube encoder is the one which works on them. There is a new Ioncube encoder out which doesn't support WHMCS because they've not encrypted it for the new one.

Why? Well that's down to them. 5.5 isn't stable yet, plus they need to change their code to get it to work with it. You have to read the requirements.

I wouldn't call it stable, as cPanel have it listed as "EXPERIMENTAL". But since you stated you have a Blesta license, just to let you know, Blesta works on PHP 5.5.

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    I wouldn't call it stable, as cPanel have it listed as "EXPERIMENTAL". But since you stated you have a Blesta license, just to let you know, Blesta works on PHP 5.5.
    I don't use cPanel, and don't care what cPanel think about it. PHP 5.5 is stable in DirectAdmin/Custombuild on those of my servers that I have already upgraded to PHP 5.5.7. The server with my WHMCS installation is of course downgraded to PHP 5.4.23

You don't need to let me know that Blesta works on PHP 5.5.x, I already know that, of course.

I don't use cPanel, and don't care what cPanel think about it. PHP 5.5 is stable in DirectAdmin/Custombuild on those of my servers that I have already upgraded to PHP 5.5.7. The server with my WHMCS installation is of course downgraded to PHP 5.4.23

You don't need to let me know that Blesta works on PHP 5.5.x, I already know that, of course.
    I'm quiet surprised no-one has said we don't care about helping you now. DirectAdmin is nowhere as good as cPanel, when I used it, it was awful, hard to use and old. And I didn't know you knew that because you didn't state that in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    I'm quiet surprised no-one has said we don't care about helping you now. DirectAdmin is nowhere as good as cPanel, when I used it, it was awful, hard to use and old. And I didn't know you knew that because you didn't state that in your post.
    I have not asked for any help in this thread. It is typical for users at Webhostingtalk to not read before answering, like you do. *Unsubscribe*

I have not asked for any help in this thread. It is typical for users at Webhostingtalk to not read before answering, like you do. *Unsubscribe*
    You came here complaining about WHMCS not working with PHP 5.5 because you couldn't read that it isn't compatible, people tried explaining that to you (I consider that helping you understand). Then you started becoming arrogant.

You can be right but it is irrelevant. In a society where wrong is good and good is wrong do you think you'll change something? Think about those things:
    1. If there is no exploits, spam, there is no companies making money on security.
    Q: Is is good for business without spam and exploits?
    A. No.

2. Most of the people are following models of good and bad like sheep in the flock using Facebook etc.
    Q: Is it Ok to be yourself ?
    A: No, it is not OK.

3. Most of the people are using Apple.
    Q: Did people complain about price? (they probably produce a iPhone with less of let's say 20$...)
    A: No, because if you don't have a apple you are out of the group of "smart" people.

Conclusion: In control process, stupidity is not dangerous like intelligence & knowledge. It is more easy to control people if they are stupid, and more difficult for smart people, who can see reality, and act out of "political correctness".

Don't waste your time with this....

Veritas odium parit

Regards
    George B. | ROWEBCA
    Web Hosting Services & Server Management

I see this is getting to be a ugly discussion. Feel free to continue discussing with yourself. I will not reply to any more post from you.
    It is an ugly discussion, and unfortunately, that's entirely due to your unreasonable expectations.

Have you ever managed codebases that contain hundreds of thousands of lines of code, countless modules, etc...? How about a large quantity of servers? Or managed hundreds of thousands of websites?

My guess is "No".

I have, to all points listed. You can't just roll out a new version overnight. WHMCS has other things to worry about: Not keeping up with the absolute newest versions of PHP.

What's actually important: Bug fixes, security fixes, etc...
    What's not actually important: Rushing to have the most up-to-date PHP version support.

If you had proper real-world experience with large scale server management or software installations, you would understand why. Arguing with Steven, who happens to be one of the most respected server administrators in the hosting industry, is a bit pointless...
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

I don't care if it works. The amount of support tickets they potentially would receive from people who have servers not configured to ignore deprecated functions could be overwhelming.
    Do you really need server settings for that?

Just suppressing them by setting the desired error reporting level with an error_reporting() call in an include file that always get included (e.g. the one containing the database login information) wouldn't be effective enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxnet View Post
    Do you really need server settings for that?

Just suppressing them by setting the desired error reporting level with an error_reporting() call in an include file that always get included (e.g. the one containing the database login information) wouldn't be effective enough?
    To an extent, but without seeing the code and 3rd party modules its possible the settings could be screwed with in various files.

The correct way is to fix the code, not bandaid fix it.

What amazes me is people are still using WHMCS. Biggest POS software I ever dealt with. Don't complain just move on and your blood pressure will go down considerably.

So, provider says it works with diesel.
    You fill it up with regular.
    It blows up.
    Blame provider.
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by chrismfz View Post
    So, provider says it works with diesel.
    You fill it up with regular.
    It blows up.
    Blame provider.
    LoL
    Haha that's a good way to explain it.

To an extent, but without seeing the code and 3rd party modules its possible the settings could be screwed with in various files.
    Yes, but if that was the case, it would also screw up any server setting.

Even I have said it in previous posts, most of you do not seem to understand that the newest version of WHMCS will work without any problems on PHP 5.5.x as long as WHMCS provide files encoded with Ioncube encoder for PHP 5.3 or higher. They do not need to change any code at all for it to work on PHP 5.5, only thing that is needed is that they provide files encoded with Ioncube encoder for PHP 5.3 or higher.

Even I have said it in previous posts, most of you do not seem to understand that the newest version of WHMCS will work without any problems on PHP 5.5.x as long as WHMCS provide files encoded with Ioncube encoder for PHP 5.3 or higher. They do not need to change any code at all for it to work on PHP 5.5, only thing that is needed is that they provide files encoded with Ioncube encoder for PHP 5.3 or higher.
    I would just move on with life, you are not getting anywhere. WHMCS has lots of problems right now, I paid for a iWHMCS license, and have not been able to use it on my iphone since iOS7.0 was released, and have been waiting for a fix for over 3 months now..

Quote Originally Posted by Maxnet View Post
    Yes, but if that was the case, it would also screw up any server setting.
    And you just proved the ultimate reason why the code needs to be fixed instead of hacking something together so you can run php 5.5 when its not supported.
    It is however possible to prevent it from be modified with the right configuration.
    Last edited by Steven; 12-23-2013 at 10:31 AM.

And you need to understand that WHMCS does support it right now. They are likely going to do very extensive testing before they officially support it. It would be irresponsible of them not to. Remember, loaders didn't exist until recently so they couldn't do any testing.

You may or may not be aware there was alot of security issues in WHMCS. I think their auditing they are doing is BY FAR more important than making you happy.

Screw 5.5 as far as I am concerned right now. Security > 5.5

You think WHMCS is bad look at this:

http://wiki.kayako.com/display/DOCS/Server+requirements
    I don't think 'stone age' is fair: how many other PHP applications worth mentioning don't require any decoders?

It looks like we should update the docs anyway, Kayako is compatible with PHP 5.5 as of Kyako 4.64. Thanks for highlighting.
    » Kayako customer service software and live chat software- your customers deserve better than helpdesk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast