Why we use VPS/VDS Hosting?

VPS hosting is the demand of time. You can say it is the update version of web hosting world. Let we know two major reasons why we use VPS/VDS hosting.

1. You can manage multiple websites easily.

2. You can have access to a far greater amount of space, as well as to multiple VMs if you want to host each Web site using a different OS or give each one different permissions.

1) Greater control.
    # Option to choose OS
    # Instal, Un-install anything you want
    # Full root access
    etc...

2) Dedicated resources.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

i dont think so

1. You can manage multiple websites easily.
    it would easier to manage multiple website in reseller account

2. You can have access to a far greater amount of space, as well as to multiple VMs if you want to host each Web site using a different OS or give each one different permissions.

you cant install different OS in a VPS

for me why people choose VPS than dedi or shared hosting is because it fit what they need. VPS have full root access, most of them use raid 10 or SSD and some of them also offer offsite backup.
    When im still user, i choose VPS because i need that amount of resource and it would waste if i choose dedicated

I think there are lot of benefits. Firstly, it's cost effective. Then I get the flexibility to chose OS, I can expand any time I want, get faster load time, as well as dedicated resources. Overall, it's a lot more control. Way better than shared hosting.

You get space and resources with VDS or shared, but the major difference between them is the amount of control over the resources you are paying for.

Why we use VPS/VDS Hosting?

Web hosting is a tricky business,there are a wide variety of options out there designed to fit a wide range of needs, but like with most things, there are trade-offs.

Honestly I only see VPS as a cheaper alternative to VDS.
    If you have the money VDS is certainly the one to go with.
    Unfortunately the price of a Virtual Dedicated Server is sometimes too expensive and we have to substitute it for a VDS.

I understand what you mean though, a VPS is much more cheaper and restricted in the terms of space and data.

When you host with a VPS hosting account, your environment is hosted within what is called a container. This container is allocated a certain amount of resources depending on the package you purchased. The great thing about how these containers work is that they can easily and quickly be allocated more or less resources as you need them.

i don't need to much resources, but i need root access, so, i choose vps

Usually you can only get PHP or ASP.NET support with shared hosting, with no ability to edit some configuration files such as .htaccess for apache.

You need a VPS or dedicated server when you need to edit the webserver's configuration files or you want to use an application server that is not supported by a shared hosting.

Example:
    Your site has a Java/Spring backend, so you need to manually install/mantain a Tomcat or JBoss server, and be able to edit the xml configuration file.
    I've never seen a Tomcat/Spring shared hosting.

Another example: you want a Flash Media Server for the media delivery, and your PHP site has to interact with the Flash Media Server in some way. Again, you need a VPS or dedicated server to put the FMS into it.

The same goes when you need to install custom software on the machine.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by StealThePixels View Post
    Usually you can only get PHP or ASP.NET support with shared hosting, with no ability to edit some configuration files such as .htaccess for apache.

You need a VPS or dedicated server when you need to edit the webserver's configuration files or you want to use an application server that is not supported by a shared hosting.

Example:
    Your site has a Java/Spring backend, so you need to manually install/mantain a Tomcat or JBoss server, and be able to edit the xml configuration file.
    I've never seen a Tomcat/Spring shared hosting.

Another example: you want a Flash Media Server for the media delivery, and your PHP site has to interact with the Flash Media Server in some way. Again, you need a VPS or dedicated server to put the FMS into it.

The same goes when you need to install custom software on the machine.
    Good explain. Now it would be easy to understand

Vps is better than shared hosting because the client will get root acess to the server being able to do a lot more and control a lot more on the server. With vps you get dedicated resources to your site with a lot of bonus features and Addons. Vps is a lot more reliable than any other service.