how to create ecommerce website on a low budget?

Hi friends!! i want to create my own eCommerce website but i don't know how and where i can create it. Which platform or eCommerce cms system should i use for it.
      0 Not allowed!

You could find a cheap web hosting package, and use one of their 1-click installers like fantastico to install your eCommerce website. You're only looking at a couple dollars a month. It would only take about 5 minutes to get your website up, and ready for you to add things to your Commerce site.
      0 Not allowed!

I recommend installing prestashop. It is free and very good.
    NetDynamics LLC - One-stop Solution for Hosting Needs
    We love Backups! Backup storage for your server backups
      0 Not allowed!

It's easy to get a ecommerce site set up now in days. Just about any shared host will be able to suite your needs the first few months.

Typically a shared hosting account can go for anything ranging from $2 - $10 for a site that you want to start. Then there's some hosts who have free script installers that will be able to let you install lots of free open source scripts free with just a click of a button.

What type of items will you resell? How will you get these items and what payment processor will you use. There are lots of factors to consider and things to plan out.
      0 Not allowed!

Andrew,

Do you have any preference about the website CMS? Some come with e-commerce apps, as module add-ons.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone
      0 Not allowed!

It depends on your budget, how many products you will be selling and your time.

You can certainly start with a low cost hosting account and an open source e-commerce software. Most importantly, do you have time to to set it all up by yourself?

You can start immediately with any of the vendors below with minimal investment.

www.shopify.com
    go.mangento
    bigcommerce.com
    volusion.com
    next.x-cart.com ( my preferred platform. )

Good luck!
      0 Not allowed!

What exactly you want to sell?? And what main features you are looking on your eCommerce website??
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)
      0 Not allowed!

You'll have to choose between spending a lot of time trying to figure it out yourself, or saving yourself the hassle and paying someone to setup a store for you.

Since you don't know where to start, you could end up spending too much time trying to learn how to setup an commerce store rather than spending that time building vendor relationships, working out how you're going to market the store and generally running your business.
    BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
    Build your own website powered by BannerOS with our DIY service.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Michael View Post
    I recommend installing prestashop. It is free and very good.
    +1 for that and I always recommend it when we have new customers with the same website plans. With the feedbacks we receive all the time, PrestaShop seems to have a good way with novice users. Its very user-friendly and has plenty of options for the visual outlook and functionality of your website. As mentioned by previous responses, almost any cheap hosting in the likes of $2-$5 per month have autoinstallers and you can get started with it right away

But then again if you have any specific ideas in mind, we might be able to offer some suitable alternatives
    www.WebHostFace.com where Service always comes with a smiling face!
    Contact us for Shared, VPS, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions.
      0 Not allowed!

actually friends i want to sell footwear's and apparels in my website. So now suggest my which one is best for eCommerce platform .
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Weiers View Post
    actually friends i want to sell footwear's and apparels in my website. So now suggest my which one is best for eCommerce platform .
    In this case I confirm my first opinion - you can try with PrestaShop and I'm sure it can easily get the job done for you. For a new website and for a novice user you should be able to handle it almost effortlessly
      0 Not allowed!

First select a good web hosting platform and a good web hosting company. These are the most important aspects as they support the functioning of your website. Then you can get the website designed with images and proper content without using too much animation and graphics in order to cut down on the cost.
      0 Not allowed!

Magento would be the way to go. With auto-installers you can have your website up and running in just 5mins.
    BeltHosting.com Staff. Shared Web Hosting | Reseller Web Hosting | IRCD Hosting | psyBNC/sBNC/eggdrop/znc Hosting
    xShellz Linux Shell & IRCD Hosting.
    24/7 Live & Ticket Support
      0 Not allowed!

Have a look at Magento. The Community Edition is free and likely offers all the functionality you need. It also has a large community with free and paid extensions. If you don't have the design skills you can purchase a professional template.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by StefanHost View Post
    Magento would be the way to go. With auto-installers you can have your website up and running in just 5mins.
    That is a little tricky - as it seems OP is a novice user, so Magento might be a little hard for starters. Sure, anyone can install Magento through an autoinstaller, but from there on still most manual configurations require coding knowledge and I will definitely stay away from it, until you read more on the subject
      0 Not allowed!

Re: how to create ecommerce website on a low budget?

I suggest you to choose between prestashop and magento for your ecommerce websites. Prestashop’s open-sourced platform makes it ideal for any user to tweak, enhance, modify, and develop new features with ease. Magento is a powerful open source platform that can be combined with any eCommerce portal for the generation of highly flexible and customized eCommerce solutions.
      0 Not allowed!

Magento GO service allows quick entry into e-commerce selling. But the cheapest way would be to develop the e-commerce site yourself, and host it somewhere at an affordable cost.
    John Rasri
    Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
    GotLiveChat.com
    White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rado_Ch View Post
    That is a little tricky - as it seems OP is a novice user, so Magento might be a little hard for starters. Sure, anyone can install Magento through an autoinstaller, but from there on still most manual configurations require coding knowledge and I will definitely stay away from it, until you read more on the subject
    Where I agree that in the beginning magento could be tricky, it's not that hard to learn it. You have a lot of online documentation and video tutorials on youtube.
    BeltHosting.com Staff. Shared Web Hosting | Reseller Web Hosting | IRCD Hosting | psyBNC/sBNC/eggdrop/znc Hosting
    xShellz Linux Shell & IRCD Hosting.
    24/7 Live & Ticket Support
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by StefanHost View Post
    Where I agree that in the beginning magento could be tricky, it's not that hard to learn it. You have a lot of online documentation and video tutorials on youtube.
    Оh, absolutely, as other open-sources it does have a lot of helpful content over the web...but so does the others. Prestashop, OpenCart, ZenCart also provide tons of free and helpful materials and they are easier than Magento to begin with. At the end of the day, if you are interested in learning you will reach the same heights with almost all popular scripts
      0 Not allowed!

You can also find a Shopping Cart Solution, based on how it suits or appeals to your needs. Once you've done that, take advantage of the Free Trail Period, which can be 30 days or more. It will really give you a good idea as to what you are in for, in terms of ease of use and all the how to's that will be needed to use any cart solution.

Also, at some point you are going to need some php skills for the minor fixes that you'll probably come across. Otherwise you'll have to get someone onboard to help with those things.
      0 Not allowed!

I recommend you weebly website you can choose a smart web hosting package there including the theme and every other option you just need to fill the things and your website will be ready good luck.
      0 Not allowed!