Question Plesk on Windows or Linux?

So I recently learned that Plesk is more common and "better" on a Windows VPS. So I want to learn more.

Which is Plesk better on?
    What are the differences between Plesk on Windows and on Linux?
    Does it really make a difference?
    Does anyone have experience with Plesk on both Windows and Linux?
    Anything else?

I really just want to learn everything that I can. I'm really interested in getting a VPS with Plesk. So I'd like to know which choice is best.

Thanks!

Well, what you want to do with the CP? a hosting?
    If you go with Linux I don't recommend to use Plesk. just get a Cpanel
    Cloudzy
    Cheap Windows VPS | Linux VPS | Bitcoin VPS | Forex VPS
    Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, PerfectMoney, CryotoCurrency and Bitcoin
    In business for more than 14 years - Since 2008

Plesk is good for both
    Plesk has a better market share in windows as compared to linux
    Linux is majorly covered by CPanel
    And that's why u haven't heard glowingly about Plesk for linux

HI

As a partner of both CPanel & Parallels I have experience of both CPanel and Plesk.

CPanel is very popular on Linux, its typically the favorite choice, however I do like Plesk too.

One thing I'll give CPanel over Plesk on Linux, is its really simple to manage/upgrade apache, in WHM you can run easyapache, change apache version/change PHP version and choose your addons. on plesk you need SSH knowledge to manually set all of this up manually, so you would need allot more server management experience to manage a plesk server over a CPanel server.

On Windows, CPanel made Enkompass then abandoned it however its free but requires several servers and a SAN to setup. Plesk on Windows is a good CP, similar to Linux changes to things like PHP versions have to be done from the server which is pretty easy on windows.

In reference to support, CPanel support is amazing, you can get a response from an English speaking Agent within minutes and usually followed by a final solution/fix, Parallels support is outsourced to India for Level 1, and you can wait 24 hours before its escalated, each response comes with comments like Please expect a response within 7-14 hours which is really bad when its an emergency situation.
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Quote Originally Posted by DelicateSnow View Post
    So I recently learned that Plesk is more common and "better" on a Windows VPS. So I want to learn more.

Which is Plesk better on?
    What are the differences between Plesk on Windows and on Linux?
    Does it really make a difference?
    Does anyone have experience with Plesk on both Windows and Linux?
    Anything else?

I really just want to learn everything that I can. I'm really interested in getting a VPS with Plesk. So I'd like to know which choice is best.

Thanks!
    Hello Jay,

I have seen several of your posts, and you are obviously a beginner, which is okay. As a beginner, may I suggest that you describe WHAT you want to do, rather than describing the tools you want to use.

Why do you want a VPS with Plesk? What are you planning to use it for? What will it do when you are finished setting it up? Are you planning to host your own website? What features do you want for your website? Are you planning to host websites for others, with their own separate domains? Do you want to set up a game server? Maybe you just want to learn how to manage a server. All of these (and much more) are possible with a VPS.

With your answers and ideas in mind, the good people here can suggest the right tools that you will need. First try describing the end result that you want, and then let us try to help you find the best way to make it happen.

Plesk is equally ****** on both platforms.

Just do yourself a favor and don't use Plesk. You'll thank me later.
    iWebFusion.Net - Shared / Reseller / VPS / Bare Metal / Colocation / IP Transit / Networking
    *Simply Hosting - Wholly owned networks, in-house staff, legions of fans!