Angry First Root UG aka first-root.com Hosting - Worst Host Ever - SCAMMERS AVOID!!!

First Root UG aka first-root.com Hosting - Worst Host Ever - RIPOFF AVOID!!!

This is a near 3 months review of VPS service from First Host UG. I had problems since since I signed up to their services and I'm still trying to get ride of them.

=======
    I sign up to what appears to be 1994 site, but I didn't mind as I needed to test a script from a host in Germany and they were the first one I saw in hosting offers for VPS.

24 hours later, not VPS details and no update. So much for 24/7 services. I had to send email and wait another 24 hours to get attention and eventually credentials. Otherwise, who knows how long more it would have taken.

The Service
    ===========
    The VPS hosting was slow and sluggish and it kept having issues on network level. It went down a couple of times for unknown reasons. I had enough and just cancelled Paypal payment. It was a service for 9.59 Euros a month and decided to look for another one.

Overdue Invoice
    ===============
    They sent an invoice reminder which I couldn't understand as my service was suspended. A few days later, I got this letter asking me to pay 73.59 EUROS or they will take LEGAL ACTION!

http://i42.tinypic.com/qq8gap.jpg

So for an overdue 9.59 EUR of a service that never worked, they wanted over 6x times the money. That's a scam host.

Follow up
    =========
    - I emailed them asking to cancel the invoice - NO REPLY
    - I look for a why to login and pay - ACCOUNT SUSPENDED
    - I tried to reach out the support section of the site - DOESN'T EXIST

To Managing directors: Michael Hoffrath, Bernd Janßen; can anyone of you fix this company?

To WHT users: I wished I searched for reviews here before I signed up to these lot, but live a learn. This post will hopefully serve as a warning to avoid this company, because not only you get a bad service, but you will be called to COURT!!
    Last edited by flashdash; 12-19-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Sorry to know about your bad experience. resellers tend to oversell there hardware and it is shared with lot of users. If you had not used the service and cancelled the payment, your contract with them over at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by flashdash View Post
    First Root UG aka first-root.com Hosting - Worst Host Ever - RIPOFF AVOID!!!

This is a near 3 months review of VPS service from First Host UG. I had problems since since I signed up to their services and I'm still trying to get ride of them.

=======
    I sign up to what appears to be 1994 site, but I didn't mind as I needed to test a script from a host in Germany and they were the first one I saw in hosting offers for VPS.

24 hours later, not VPS details and no update. So much for 24/7 services. I had to send email and wait another 24 hours to get attention and eventually credentials. Otherwise, who knows how long more it would have taken.

The Service
    ===========
    The VPS hosting was slow and sluggish and it kept having issues on network level. It went down a couple of times for unknown reasons. I had enough and just cancelled Paypal payment. It was a service for 9.59 Euros a month and decided to look for another one.

Overdue Invoice
    ===============
    They sent an invoice reminder which I couldn't understand as my service was suspended. A few days later, I got this letter asking me to pay 73.59 EUROS or they will take LEGAL ACTION!

http://i42.tinypic.com/qq8gap.jpg

So for an overdue 9.59 EUR of a service that never worked, they wanted over 6x times the money. That's a scam host.

Follow up
    =========
    - I emailed them asking to cancel the invoice - NO REPLY
    - I look for a why to login and pay - ACCOUNT SUSPENDED
    - I tried to reach out the support section of the site - DOESN'T EXIST

To Managing directors: Michael Hoffrath, Bernd Janßen; can anyone of you fix this company?

To WHT users: I wished I searched for reviews here before I signed up to these lot, but live a learn. This post will hopefully serve as a warning to avoid this company, because not only you get a bad service, but you will be called to COURT!!
    Did you read TOS beofre signing up? Usually with German hosts you have to give the cancellation notice 15-30 days prior to cancellation of your product.So what I can see from your post its your fault of not understanding the provider's terms & conditions.From what I have read about them they are a decent provider but even if not they are not scams atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by sudoku View Post
    Sorry to know about your bad experience. resellers tend to oversell there hardware and it is shared with lot of users. If you had not used the service and cancelled the payment, your contract with them over at that time.
    As far as I know First-root own their hardware.Here the OP did use the service & no with German hosting companies, rules of cancelling your services are different as you can see with Hetzner, Contabo, Webtropia etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sledger View Post
    Did you read TOS beofre signing up? Usually with German hosts you have to give the cancellation notice 15-30 days prior to cancellation of your product.So what I can see from your post its your fault of not understanding the provider's terms & conditions.From what I have read about them they are a decent provider but even if not they are not scams atleast.
    Do you happen to work for First Root UG by any chance?

From their TOS:
    For contracts without a contract period the contract can by terminated by both parties with a contract termination period of one month.
    In that case, I owe them one month's payment, which is 9.59 EUROs. Asking for 73.59 EURs is what makes it a ruthless scam.

As far as I know First-root own their hardware.Here the OP did use the service & no with German hosting companies, rules of cancelling your services are different as you can see with Hetzner, Contabo, Webtropia etc

hetzner gives 14 days money back guarantee and never ask any question.

Do you happen to work for First Root UG by any chance?
    Only Host I have ever worked for in the past is Host4Geeks as evident from my old username on my profile but as of today I am not working for any hosting company.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=418115

But its not just you some other people here also accuse me of working for OVH & Hetzner for my crime of stating the obvious facts which they do not want to realise.

In that case, I owe them one month's payment, which is 9.59 EUROs. Asking for 73.59 EURs is what makes it a ruthless scam.
    YOu failed to pay the invoice within due time so they have now taken the legal route to recover the amount from you & the invoice issued to you includes your due amount + legal charges + all other costs incurred by them in trying to recover the amount for you.

please try to understand that I am saying it all for your benefit only.You should akways read the TOS & ask the host for terms of contract before signing up rather than later coming on some forum to accuse them of being scam.

Best of luck with your next host.

Only Host I have ever worked for in the past is Host4Geeks as evident from my old username on my profile but as of today I am not working for any hosting company.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=418115

But its not just you some other people here also accuse me of working for OVH & Hetzner for my crime of stating the obvious facts which they do not want to realise.

YOu failed to pay the invoice within due time so they have now taken the legal route to recover the amount from you & the invoice issued to you includes your due amount + legal charges + all other costs incurred by them in trying to recover the amount for you.

please try to understand that I am saying it all for your benefit only.You should akways read the TOS & ask the host for terms of contract before signing up rather than later coming on some forum to accuse them of being scam.

Best of luck with your next host.
    I see what you mean with regards to TOS. The 2 issues I have are simple:

1# They are asking me to pay for a month I have not used. Account suspended. That's a scam.

2# Any hosting company hands their customer details, in hope of recovering few EUROs, to MULTIPLE 3rd parties so they can get milked multiple times should be named and shamed. If they taking a commission for handing these data, which many do, that's another scam.

Quote Originally Posted by flashdash View Post
    I see what you mean with regards to TOS. The 2 issues I have are simple:

1# They are asking me to pay for a month I have not used. Account suspended. That's a scam.

2# Any hosting company hands their customer details, in hope of recovering few EUROs, to MULTIPLE 3rd parties so they can get milked multiple times should be named and shamed. If they taking a commission for handing these data, which many do, that's another scam.
    1.They delivered VPS details to you & you used it even for a minute then contract & the conditions are valid.

2.If you do fraud .ie not abide by the rules of the contact what else do you expect? You should have either paid that 9Euros something or red the contract conditions when signing up.Please don't blame others for your fault.

1.They delivered VPS details to you & you used it even for a minute then contract & the conditions are valid.

2.If you do fraud .ie not abide by the rules of the contact what else do you expect? You should have either paid that 9Euros something or red the contract conditions when signing up.Please don't blame others for your fault.
    1. Didn't work properly. In most of the EU, if something is sold not fit for purpose a full refund is required. Regardless of what TOS they have. If their TOS contradict that, it's illegal.

2. Fraud is a big word here. I didn't defraud, I sign up paid, but couldn't get the service to work. I stopped payment on second month as I've given up on them to respond.

It's not my fault that they provide one of the worst hosting service and customer care I've seen in my 11 years of dealing with various webhosts.

It's also not my fault that after all that, they are looking for 6 times the money they say I "owe". That was not in the contract!

I still believe you are probably working for them, which means you are at fault of siding for a host with these attitude.

The fact that they have not responded, even with some kind of BS, proves that they have nothing to go public with.

Hello Redouane,

please let me bring some light in the dark.

First of all, all our vps comes with 3 months contract period. We show this several times during the ordering process, in all our postings on WHT and also in the email that is send out with the login credentials.

Before we hand out any open invoices we send out several reminders to the customer and try everything to solve this problem without any additional fees.
    But when a customer decides to ignore our contact attempts we hand out the open invoices to our debit collection agency to claim the open fees.

As i can see in your account history you just decided to ignore us and never send out any canceling request for your vps or response to our reminders. Therefore your service was still active and we claimed the fees which you accepted during the ordering proces.

As written in the email we send you yesterday we offer you to lower the fees to 39,18 EUR instead of the 73,59 EUR as we want to accommodate with you.

If you did not received the email you seriously want to check your mail account and/or spambox.

I can ensure you that we respond to every email we receive regardless if it is a complaint or an order!

I also can understand that you are angry but telling lies about our services does not change anything.
    Our Network has an uptime of 100% for the last months and we send out login credentials within our business hours.
    If you had problems, why did you never created a ticket regarding this?

Kind Regards,
    Michael
    Last edited by First Root; 12-20-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Hi Michael,

First, thanks for coming forward to try to address the issues I have. I'm glad there is finally someone who can answer at First Root.

Regarding the contract period, I must say I never saw it on sign up. It was however in the bottom of order confirmation, which I missed. There was quite a gap between order details and this information. You are the first hosting company I've seen to have these contracts, but I mostly deal with US and UK hosts.

I've only received one invoice reminder and NO follow up I can find, absolutely NONE. I deal with about 15 hosts for my clients on a monthly basis and I never, ever saw 1 invoice reminder followed by a letter from collection agency, that's just treating customers like.... And for what? 9.59 EUR, seriously?

I'm always happy paying for a good service. What would you do if you get bad service > get ignored by support > can't escalate > receive letters threatening legal actions?!

Before I came angry to this community, I sent 2 emails earlier this week explaining the situation. I had 0 response, nil, nada. That's not including the email I sent to info@ and I got ignored. I didn't receive your email regarding the offer of 39,18 EUR instead of the 73,59 EUR. I check my Junk/Spam folders regularly. I assure you, I get about 50 targeted emails on a quiet day. If there is a problem, I will know about it straight away.

You seem to refer to a ticket system. That's new to me, I was not able to find one from your site, F-COM control panel or anywhere in your emails. So I used the email, where I got ignored.

Feel free to email me for an offline chat, but really do send the email.

Regards,
    Redouane

Hello Redouane,

thanks for your reply and the chance to clear this out.

This kind of contract is normal in Germany and i know it from several other EU countries as well.
    As you can see our prices are very low and in order to be able to archiv such prices we need a contract period of at least 3 months.

I have checked your customer history and these are the dates of our emails:

06.11.2013 sent out invoice
    20.11.2013 sent out first reminder
    25.11.2013 sent out second reminder with request to get in contact if there is any problem
    02.12.2013 sent out third reminder

As you can see we tried to contact you three times before handing it out.

I can see that you contacted us on 18.12.2013 22:23 o'clock (CET), our reply was on 19.12.2013 09:59 o'clock (CET).
    Your second email was on 19.12.2013 12:07 o'clock (CET) and our reply was on 19.12.2013 12:25 o'clock (CET).

If you say that you did not received our responses and our reminders it seems that there is a problem in the email communication.
    We use a company that is specialized in sending out emails and ensure that they reach the customer to deliver our invoices so maybe you blacklisted us within your yahoo account?

The ticket system i refer to is part of our F-COM, this is the right way to get in touch with us or to notify us in case of a problem.

In order to clear this thing out maybe you can sent us an alternate email address via private message so that we can communicate in a more privat fashion ?

Also, if you really had problems during your contract period, please be so kind and sent us a description of these problems to [email protected] so that we can check this!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Sorry to hear about your problems. Since 2012 with them and never a single issue. I guest it was all a misunderstanding.
    Regards,

Seems to me this is more of a communication issue, rather than a scam or fraud attempt from the provider.
    May I ask something? In the very beginning of your first post you say that this is a 3 month review but then later you say you never used the service?
    Which one is correct?

Next time check online reviews (if any) before putting ink on a contract!