Unhappy How long does Volume Drive take to set up the DEDI server?

This isn't a complaint but I am just getting worried.

I ordered a dedicated server from Volume Drive 2 days ago but I don't get any email confirming my order after the Paypal payment. It doesn't look like they use the WHMCS order process either. Have sent them an email via their website but no response after 2 days.

Do any others experience this before? How long does it take them to set up a dedicated server? (Maybe they are too busy??)

I want to use their service because of their good price. I am using it as a load sharing MySQL server only. My current server VPS with VPSLatch is hitting the resource limit every day and needing this dedicated server urgently..

Any input is welcomed and appreciated.

going out on a limb here, but did you read http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1328931 Before ordering from VD?
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by RRWH View Post
    going out on a limb here, but did you read http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1328931 Before ordering from VD?
    I didn't read that..

but in fact, I could not find any other provider that could match their prices AND also, I am just using it as a MySQL replication server so if they do loose my data (I hope they don't), I don't mind. I just want to MySQL load to get shared as soon as possible.
    Last edited by ivor; 12-18-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ivor View Post

I ordered a dedicated server from Volume Drive 2 days ago but I don't get any email confirming my order after the Paypal payment. It doesn't look like they use the WHMCS order process either. Have sent them an email via their website but no response after 2 days.

Do any others experience this before? How long does it take them to set up a dedicated server? (Maybe they are too busy??)

I want to use their service because of their good price. I am using it as a load sharing MySQL server only. My current server VPS with VPSLatch is hitting the resource limit every day and needing this dedicated server urgently..

OVH.ca/OVH.com has similar pricing.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSpears View Post
    OVH.ca/OVH.com has similar pricing.
    Oh, thanks for that, indeed. Very good to know!

Sometimes it takes over a month for them to set up servers. Not joking...

If they can't reply to an email in 2 days, that should tell you something right there.

Quote Originally Posted by wswd View Post
    Sometimes it takes over a month for them to set up servers. Not joking...

If they can't reply to an email in 2 days, that should tell you something right there.
    Oh well..........................

Unfortunately, those black windowless vans with "pre-owned" computer equipment do not always show up on schedule, as the people who run them sometimes have to go on sudden compulsory "vacations".

(I am of course joking, but in all seriousness, you really want to go with a different host. As mentioned, there are other hosts in the same price range, and even if there weren't, it's not worth it.)

OVH's new series - http://www.soyoustart.co.uk/offers.xml pretty amazing prices right there.

Its way cheaper than VD and for the best part they aren't running a scam-intent business. From what I know VD Didn't even pay there upstream providers bills to burst.net/server leasing etc.

Anyways back to OVH, They do have around a 24 hour setup and 30 minute support responses.

Bad choice, bad publicity about them recently, they're running a far from legit business.

You'd be better off going with the likes of OVH.

You should have received a order confirmation receipt from us soon after placing your order, this is an automated email that it sent out from [email protected]. Our normal setup time is 24 - 48 hours excluding weekends for standard builds. Do you have a support ticket open with us asking for a status update? If so, please provide your ticket number here and we'll make sure this gets taken care of promptly.

Also, fyi.. We will be releasing our build tracking module within our customer portal here shortly to provide constant status updates on new orders and deployments.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

I ordered a dedicated server from Volume Drive 2 days ago but I don't get any email confirming my order
    Update: We have your ticket number (298000) and have provided you an update along with an ETA. If you require additional assistance, please update your current ticket and we'll get back to you right away.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    You should have received a order confirmation receipt from us soon after placing your order, this is an automated email that it sent out from [email protected]. Our normal setup time is 24 - 48 hours excluding weekends for standard builds. Do you have a support ticket open with us asking for a status update? If so, please provide your ticket number here and we'll make sure this gets taken care of promptly.

Also, fyi.. We will be releasing our build tracking module within our customer portal here shortly to provide constant status updates on new orders and deployments.
    Honestly I didn't get any order confirmation email except for one payment confirmation from Paypal. I sent the email from you website before so didn't have a ticket # however the latest ticket I opened via support (at) volumedrive.com did get answered now. Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PavHost View Post
    OVH's new series - http://www.soyoustart.co.uk/offers.xml pretty amazing prices right there.

Its way cheaper than VD and for the best part they aren't running a scam-intent business. From what I know VD Didn't even pay there upstream providers bills to burst.net/server leasing etc.

Anyways back to OVH, They do have around a 24 hour setup and 30 minute support responses.
    Thanks for your input. Very good to know that provider too. VD has US$20 dedicated server although that's just an AMD dual core but as I am not running really something in profit, so I am struggling to pay too much every month.

Quote Originally Posted by Criot View Post
    Bad choice, bad publicity about them recently, they're running a far from legit business.

You'd be better off going with the likes of OVH.
    I think I'll give VD a go. I had a VPS with them before and it was quite OK for $4.95/month. Well you can't expect too much support of course. I am not too sure what happens between BurstNET and VD although I will have a good read on another thread later when I have time. However, I will run very good backup plan with VD servers by hearing all these stuff.

Still I think if the server is used as a secondary server (Apache or MySQL load balancing etc.), VD is still a good choice at this price range.

I will write another review about my VD server later when I use it for a few months. Hopefully they won't wipe off my data lol

Good luck with them, lol another person has just paid for their legal fees to try and save themselves. Oh well...

Hello There,

Your server has been delivered. If you have any issues please update your support ticket.
    V O L U M E D R [I] V E I N C
    Industry Leading VPS SALE
    Most Amazing and incredible XEON E3-1230 dedicated sale yet!
    | VPS | Dedicated | Colocation |

I think I'll give VD a go. I had a VPS with them before and it was quite OK for $4.95/month. Well you can't expect too much support of course. I am not too sure what happens between BurstNET and VD although I will have a good read on another thread later when I have time. However, I will run very good backup plan with VD servers by hearing all these stuff.

Still I think if the server is used as a secondary server (Apache or MySQL load balancing etc.), VD is still a good choice at this price range.

I will write another review about my VD server later when I use it for a few months. Hopefully they won't wipe off my data lol
    Yep, keep backups right away from VD! and Don't pre-pay more than you can afford to lose (IE do not pay for more than 1 month at a time!) until the whole mess is sorted out, even then, month-to-month payments make a lot of sense in the bottom end of the market.
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004

Perhaps he meant "screw", not "set".

I recommend WholeSaleInternet.