Thread: Amazon cost

Amazon cost

New in business so i hope to get some information here. Already thank you very much for your kind help.

This is theoretical question:

I have a site with 2000 pages which are all seperatly 1mb size. So 2000mb. Each day i have 4000 visitors on the site which watch 2 pages each.

So now i am wondering what do i need to take from amazon ec2? and how much will it cost me monthly with these figures (visitors and pagesize)?

After looking at your requirement i believe you shouldn't go for Amazon EC2, as it will cost you little higher. Buy a dedicated sever as per your budget from "single hop". They are very Good in service, Communication and support.

That'd use up about 240GB of bandwidth a month, so assuming one of Amazon's micro instances you're looking at something in the region of $50 per month.

Is your site static or dynamic? If it's all plain HTML files and such, virtually any shared host or even a CDN that supports on-CDN storage (if you want geographical targetting) would be a better choice.

It are all static pages.

Langley, BC
    I've used both Amazon Web Services and Storm Server for my business and they are both excellent.

For your case I would recommend going with Storm Server with 5 cents per GB of bandwidth per month. With AWS you pay 12 cents per GB.

With storm you can also run WHM/cPanel and make your life easy. With AWS, you're pretty much on your own. Gota be a geek figuring stuff out.

All the best!
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | | NowOpenOnline.Com