Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bigscoots shared hosting

I have had experience with "host the name" - cheap, but complete crap, "hostgator" - crappy, "stable host" - fairly good, but had some speed issues and now "Bigscoots" 100CC plan - a bit more expensive, but so far (1 month)the fastest and most reliable from all.
    Also support is fast and effective. I accidentally paid twice for the next month - received refund within few hours.

I will do an update if anything changes in next months.
      1 Not allowed!

Its great you found a suitable host for your website. Look forward to further positive reviews.
    ▌Refined Themes - Managed WordPress Hosting & Theme Development
    www.refinedthemes.com
    ▌Registered Company #12299053 - | VAT Number:
    GB 343 2049 29
      0 Not allowed!

Seems you been through a good amount of host. Hopefully, this one works out for you.
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira
      0 Not allowed!

I'll be interesting to know how the host works in two or three months.
      0 Not allowed!

Good to hear that. I hope the same experience continues to be there for you. Good luck.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor
      0 Not allowed!

are they using litespeed?
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you for sharing your review and good to see happy customer.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)
      0 Not allowed!

Do they provide JAVA Servers?
      0 Not allowed!

Glad you found a host who looks after you and your site thanks for posting the great review, the guys there are doing great.
      1 Not allowed!

Some people would say you get what you pay for. I'd say that's not always the case, but I'm a fan of hosts who don't feel the need to compete on price alone but instead aim for good service.

It's good to read all the good reviews that BigScoots are getting at the moment. They must be very pleased to read them!
    Not as active on WHT as I used to be, but still drop in and receive email notifications from here.
    My personal blog site: https://www.oakleys.org.uk/blog
      0 Not allowed!

Another good review for BigScoots.....nice one!

And even better, no mention of Scott being a cool guy!
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by oriole View Post
    I have had experience with "host the name" - cheap, but complete crap, "hostgator" - crappy, "stable host" - fairly good, but had some speed issues and now "Bigscoots" 100CC plan - a bit more expensive, but so far (1 month)the fastest and most reliable from all.
    Also support is fast and effective. I accidentally paid twice for the next month - received refund within few hours.

Glad to hear you found a good host. Can you please report your domain name for verification purposes.

Can I ask what made you come to WHT to write this review? How long have you been a customer, it seems a few days?

Thanks!
      1 Not allowed!

Happy to hear you're enjoy yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by artetatu View Post
    are they using litespeed?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by WHMApp View Post
    Do they provide JAVA Servers?
    We can, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    Glad you found a host who looks after you and your site thanks for posting the great review, the guys there are doing great.
    Thanks Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by OakHosting_James View Post
    Some people would say you get what you pay for. I'd say that's not always the case, but I'm a fan of hosts who don't feel the need to compete on price alone but instead aim for good service.

It's good to read all the good reviews that BigScoots are getting at the moment. They must be very pleased to read them!
    Thanks for your always positive attitude James, all the best to you and your team as well!

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    Another good review for BigScoots.....nice one!

And even better, no mention of Scott being a cool guy!
    Thanks Pete.
    BigScoots.com - 98% of Clients Stay With Us Forever
    Offering Fully Managed Shared & Reseller Hosting
    Specializing in Managed WordPress, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    Opened 2010 & 100% Positively Reviewed Since | 100% Network Uptime
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by stablehost View Post
    Can I ask what made you come to WHT to write this review? How long have you been a customer, it seems a few days?
    I am also interested in this. ^

On another note, it's always good when you have found a worthwhile provider. These days too many providers are just complete crap.
      0 Not allowed!

they are the best. I have been with them for couple of months and from the 1st day I asked them I need to know/explanations if something happened to a site or any kind of support. They accept, till know, no problem. they explained helped,troubleshoot everything. They Are Amazing, big thanks to Scott and Justin C.
    New learner, and interested to know about Hosting and Web Design. So help me out.
      0 Not allowed!

Glad to hear you found a good host. Can you please report your domain name for verification purposes.

Thanks!
    Heh. I see what you did there!

Like most of BigScoots reviews, the OP will probably never be back or at least back to contribute outside of this thread. Just saying...
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not going to report it here, but for verification I can pm all the information to mod.
    Even screenshot for refunded payment

Thanks!
    I usually don't write any reviews for anything as my english is horrible, but I spent a good amount of time lurking in this forum and trying to find a cheap and reliable host.
    Bigscoots product is by far better than anything I have tried before (speed wise) and is totally worth the extra $ I paid more than for example stable host.
    Website speed is now more important than ever. The last thing you want is to get penalized by google because of crappy host.

I just wanted to share my experience and hopefully make bigscoots a bit more popular as they totally deserve it.
    Last edited by oriole; 12-19-2013 at 04:14 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Heh. I see what you did there!

Like most of BigScoots reviews, the OP will probably never be back or at least back to contribute outside of this thread. Just saying...
    So if their product is so weak that they need to create fake reviews then how come there aren't a single bad review about them?
    Last edited by oriole; 12-19-2013 at 04:15 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

So if their product is so weak that they need to create fake reviews then how come there aren't a single bad review about them?
    Good point.
      0 Not allowed!

Guys.....quite frankly this witch hunt on Big Scoots is ridiculous!

As I've said before, I sounded them out very carefully earlier this year because I needed to relocate a number of PHP 5.2 clients.
    I looked for irregularities (because we've seen plenty of similar scenarios in the past) and I couldn't find any.

I still wasn't convinced so I sent one client across in the Summer to really sound them out! Big Scoots didn't even know they were being tested in actual fact. (For Scott to know, that was client SC with a reseller account).
    Anyway, after 3 months he came back to me singing their praises!
    So in October, about 60 domains went over.....belonging to 4 web designer reseller clients of mine. And feedback was exactly the same.

In fact I got involved in helping the largest one migrate as he had about 40 domains.....so I worked with Justin on the Support Desk because I knew exactly what those sites needed.
    And I was getting two minute responses and immediate action at 4AM US time. How can you fault that?

So....if you're looking for a repetition of previous hosts with their shills and fake clients....you're not going to find it here!
    It's your prerogative to be suspicious (hell....nobody's had their card marked more than I have over the years for calling the chancers out).....but these guys are for real.

Let's revisit this in a year, and we'll see who was right and who was wrong about Big Scoots! I know where the smart money's going!
      0 Not allowed!

People on WHT are so dense...

It's not a witch hunt, especially when the community leaders are already very suspicious of BigScoots. Last month, or the month before, I posted I think 10 or 12 links to threads of reviews of BigScoots where the poster was brand new and that was their only post. It was pretty much like 90% of their total reviews.

I have been around on WHT longer than pretty much all of you to notice how unusual that is. IT IS EXTREMELY UNUSUAL TO BE EXACT. Other people have noticed how unusual it is - even the mods. Most people who ONLY JOIN this forum to talk about a host, do so to write a NEGATIVE REVIEW. For every 100 bad threads of a new first poster on WHT, there is maybe 1 positive review.

I'm an extremely logical person, SOMETHING THAT IS MISSING FROM A LOT OF PEOPLE ON WHT, and when I see THE MAJORITY of reviews for a single provider to be from NEW USERS with ONE POST, WHO NEVER RETURN AGAIN TO THIS FORUM... that makes me wonder and it makes the community leaders wonder too. (Imagine my voice raising with the caps to emphasize my point. I get rather animated in person, when I am passionate about something lol.)

You guys can say this is a witch hunt, you can say I'm trolling, you can say whatever. The only thing that matters is that the community leaders have already publicly agreed with all of us who think BigScoots is up to "something" but cannot prove it yet. YOU KNOW WHY THEY AGREE? BECAUSE THEY ALSO NOTICED WHAT I SAID, THAT IT'S EXTREMELY UNUSUAL FOR A PROVIDER TO HAVE SO MANY 1 POST POSITIVE REVIEWS. No one is saying that BigScoots is a bad host, I'm sure they are a wonderful host... but all you defenders have to appreciate how EXTREMELY UNUSUAL the amount of (single post) reviews like this are.
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-19-2013 at 08:20 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

I forgot to mention, that no one is saying the reviews are fake. I'm sure these are happy, legit customers of BigScoots. That's not the issue. The issue is, were they asked to come here and post or "hinted" that they should come here. That has always been the question asked by the people who are skeptical of the incredible amount of one or two post users who joined to write a review for BigScoots.

Anyone who thinks that is trolling or a witch hunt is pretty much saying that myself and the community leaders who have already publicly expressed doubts about some of these reviews... are idiots. Shame on you, if you think that! There's no respect on this forum for people who have been around for so long and notice unusual patterns with posters. When I make comments like this, it's based on logic and history of my many years here.

For the sake of being fair, I will say that sure it is entirely possible that 100% of the reviews for BigScoots were done by the customer with absolutely no encouragement from staff, but they are that 1% of new users who join WHT and I think anyone who understands the concept of probability can appreciate how unlikely that is.
      0 Not allowed!

im a bigscoot client they are amazing try them and you will see. big thumb for scott and justin.
      0 Not allowed!

For the sake of being fair, I will say that sure it is entirely possible that 100% of the reviews for BigScoots were done by the customer with absolutely no encouragement from staff.
    Patrick - I'm not calling you an idiot (I know better than that).

But why are you setting the bar there for your suspicions? Unless I've misunderstood them, the forum rules give two instances where it would be wrong for a host to suggest a customer writes a review of their services: (i) if that customer is compensated in any way for doing so, and (ii) if the host goes beyond suggesting that they write one to suggesting the tone in which it's done ("write a good review about us").

Can we not say that it's entirely possible that BigScoots staff do encourage some / all of their clients to post reviews of their services, but that they do so without offering any reward for doing so, and without being leading in any way?
    Not as active on WHT as I used to be, but still drop in and receive email notifications from here.
    My personal blog site: https://www.oakleys.org.uk/blog
      0 Not allowed!

Anyone who thinks that is trolling or a witch hunt is pretty much saying that myself and the community leaders who have already publicly expressed doubts about some of these reviews... are idiots. Shame on you, if you think that! There's no respect on this forum for people who have been around for so long and notice unusual patterns with posters. When I make comments like this, it's based on logic and history of my many years here.
    And I've been on here ten years as well! However....I'm not one of those that thinks he should be accorded more respect because of that.

All I will say is that if you, or the community leaders, have evidence of wrongdoing....let's see it!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast