* Your preferred electric vehicle?

Thinking of getting me and the family Tesla Model X, coming in 2014.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbg-SOdVVFw

There isn't any other model out there that seats 7 right? A falcon wing door?

And it looks kinda cool too?

What do you think about Electric Vehicle in today's market? Would you get one yourself?

Having quite some kids around, this would fit us well
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

There is a Fisker Karma that drives around downtown here. A 4D Tesla is in my neighborhood too. They're both pretty neat. I would go with the (somewhat) less flammable Tesla.

On a side note, I'm happy that some of our local establishments are installing chargers and allocating preferred parking for electric vehicles.

-
    Chris Hill - Limestone Networks - Account Manager
    Cloud & Dedicated Server Hosting, Premium Network - DDoS Protection Available - 24/7/365 Support
    Resell Dedicated Servers @LimestoneInc - limestonenetworks.com - 877.586.0555

That's a pretty sweet ride, what's the price tag? aren't these Tesla cars 100K+?
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

Quote Originally Posted by NetDepot - Terrence View Post
    That's a pretty sweet ride, what's the price tag? aren't these Tesla cars 100K+?
    Current Model S starts at only $64,000 actually. As you probably guessed, you have to spend $100,00 to get some of the neat features.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - Limestone View Post
    <snip>
    On a side note, I'm happy that some of our local establishments are installing chargers and allocating preferred parking for electric vehicles.
    I think one of the really big things will be how common electric vehicle chargers become and what they charge drivers.

If someone can go to Starbucks or McDonald's and charge up their car quickly at a good price, that will offer a huge advantage. But if you end up paying double what you should (in a negative scenario), that would be a major downer.

-mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike - Limestone View Post
    I think one of the really big things will be how common electric vehicle chargers become and what they charge drivers.

If someone can go to Starbucks or McDonald's and charge up their car quickly at a good price, that will offer a huge advantage. But if you end up paying double what you should (in a negative scenario), that would be a major downer.

-mike
    Agreed, with fuel at the current cost now is a great time to "move", but the price is what really has the power to convince!

We can also convert older cars into an EV, costs a whole lot cheaper.

Check this out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upHimxaMf9o
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)

Let me think about it .......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qodSfhk360

That's the EV car!

I love Teslas and their business model, but electric will never work. Charging takes far too long to make it practical for anything other than a day-to-day town car. Anyone who travels in their car will never be able to use one. Hydrogen fuel cell is the only real way to go.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

Quote Originally Posted by keliix06 View Post
    I love Teslas and their business model, but electric will never work. Charging takes far too long to make it practical for anything other than a day-to-day town car. Anyone who travels in their car will never be able to use one. Hydrogen fuel cell is the only real way to go.
    I was just about to ask how long does one of these take to recharge?
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

Tesla's supercharge will get you 200 Miles in 30 minutes.

We're getting there!

Quote Originally Posted by Vex76 View Post
    Let me think about it .......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qodSfhk360

That's the EV car!
    Crazy, maybe for my second EV car

At least electric vehicles are better than our old vehicles which has too much consumption of fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by jrianto View Post
    Tesla's supercharge will get you 200 Miles in 30 minutes.

We're getting there!
    are you sure ? from where we can find more details
    Comcities.com| provide hosting solutions – Since 2002
    Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

There isn't any other model out there that seats 7 right?
    The Model S seats 7. The X will most likely be further delayed into 2015. They only "plan" to start manufacturing them Dec 2014.

If you don't want to wait, walk into a Tesla store and see what they have available for loaners, they sell those at a discounted price and are available immediately. Plus you still get the $7,500 rebate if you buy the loaner.

The BMW i3 with the range extender is appealing, you get much more for the money, but the styling isn't for everyone.
    Last edited by ReliableSite; 04-11-2014 at 03:22 PM.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Quote Originally Posted by forumtalk View Post
    http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

Quote Originally Posted by forumtalk View Post
    http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

You beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by RSNET-John View Post
    You beat me to it!
    Probably by a few seconds