* Trouble with iPage

So, I am not sure where to put this (or even if I'm in the right forum to be posting this). However, as will become apparent, I feel the need to look outside the normal avenues for knowledge on how to solve this problem.

I signed up for a website with iPage over the weekend. I installed wordpress, and (mostly) everything was okay. Until I found a common wordpress error that I attempted to resolve. The error involved the site (trabexbooks.com) displaying a message that the website was under construction while the other pages I designed loaded just fine.

Since then, the problem has worsened to the point where I can't even log in to the admin panel of wordpress because it gives me a timeout error. I uninstalled and re-installed it from my website. I deleted all the files from my website, then installed it again. Same result.

So far, I've spoken with four different people regarding this issue. Their response is the same: try a different computer or a different ISP. Clear your browser cache and cookies. Restart your computer. That was a fun thing to try the first time. But even after I told them I already did that, they insisted I try it again.

I suggested that a new database would be required for the website- which is the advice I received from the wordpress forums. They don't seem to know what that means so far.

So this is my last resort before I cut my losses and ask for a refund from iPage altogether. It's been a horrible experience- and I'm not really sure how a company can staff customer service representatives who don't have sufficient product knowledge to resolve any issues a customer might have. So it looks like it's up to me to solve this issue. Is there anything I can do that I missed here?

Im really sorry for you. Im with them since 2 years and I think they have a really great service till now everything is going well.

Can you access your website now or are you still receiving the same 'site under construction' page?

To me it just sounds like DNS still propagating. I can access your website fine, no issues at all?

Have you tried accessing your website through a proxy, something like hidemyass?

Also, in regard to customer services not knowing about products - you will find that the majority of web hosts will only offer support on their services and not third party software. Third party software issues should always be directed to the third party forums or support representatives.
    Last edited by WO Hostings; 12-17-2013 at 05:01 AM.
    WO Hostings - Reliable and Affordable UK Web Hosting.
    Family run business providing a personal customer service.
    Web hosting packages with dedicated account managers.

I wouldn't expect anything but terrible service from iPage. They're owned by EIG (same people who own HostGator and many other brands). My best advice would be to leave immediately. I suggest avoiding all these brands: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enduran...hosting_brands

Things will only get much worse, trust me.

EIG pretty much buyout hosting providers and then ruin them by overloading their servers, providing slow support and not caring at all.

More typical EIG problems. This forum is full of complaints for iPage/etc. Terrible host.
    Get a refund and move to a quality host. Stablehost or Arvixe, for example.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

If it ends up to a migration, Site5 is a good one to consider. Ask them to move everything out for you. All the best!
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Another Issue with an EIG Host I wonder when people will wise up and leave the site. but then again if they leave one they usually going to another eig brand Which EIG if smart would actually care more for support and their customers instead of just giving bad service. But what they are doing now also will help smaller hosts that would like to grow and be the best company they can be. With so many people leaving hostgator BlueHost Ipage etc It should help us small companies.

It's spreading like a virus on this forum...

I personally have not had any problems with EIG (Bluehost) but I run a small site with only about 60-70 visits a day. It seems most people have had problems with them though at one time or another. They have good prices but cheaper is not always better. I would probably do like stated above and get a refund and move to a smaller more reliable host.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristanmk View Post
    They have good prices
    Not really. Most hosts have better pricing.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I suggest you move out the host now, better if your still covered on their moneyback guarantee. Ask for a refund and then choose another host. Because eventually, more so if their customer reps are like that, you're really looking to face a hell ton of problems with this host in the future.
    Epidrive Webhosting Solutions - Premium Quality Hosting Made Affordable
    Berry Servers - The Most Affordable VPS Servers

I think Hostgator is still doing good even thought it is under the same group now. If you are still facing the problem, move to Hostgator.

There's more than enough bad HostGator reviews that have appeared recently here on WHT.

On the HG Forum there's even people complaining and suggesting other hosts, the staff don't seem to care. That or they've been instructed not to do anything..who knows. I know if I were working at HG, I'd want to at least TRY and answer some of those PUBLIC topics. http://forums.hostgator.com/pre-sale...tions-f15.html

They had a rep here on WHT who, up until a few months ago was trying to help customers but seems he has given up: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=341123

Quote Originally Posted by Jonam View Post
    I think Hostgator is still doing good even thought it is under the same group now. If you are still facing the problem, move to Hostgator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    They had a rep here on WHT who, up until a few months ago was trying to help customers but seems he has given up: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=341123
    I think the whole "HostGator will be independently run" blew up in his face. That may have been his understanding, but obviously it's not what EIG had in mind. HostGator has pretty much adopted all Bluehost methods, including the datacenter.

Between that untruth, servers going down, and support going down the toilet, I'm not surprised. In fact, EIG probably demanded he leave WHT/etc, and leave that to their "PR" (affiliate marketers mostly, the fake lists BS -- I've NEVER seen actual EIG PR ever!)

I often wonder if Brent told them things that did not happen after he left.

Some of this is speculation. But when you've been around EIG for 10+ years, you can see what's happening. History is just repeating itself.
    || Need a good host?
    ||

Where's Brent now a days? Last time I heard him getting into some real estate.
    Kushal || Host4Geeks LLC || Own Network - Hardware - IP Ranges - cPanel & WHMCS Authorized Partners.
    Managed VPS - cPanel - Softaculous - Monitoring - DDoS Protection - Fully Managed - East Coast - West Coast - London
    Reseller Hosting - WHMCS || CloudLinux || SSL || SSD || Daily Backups || LiteSpeed || US / UK || DDoS Protection
    Announcing our Indian Expansion - #LevelUP Your Web Hosting Experience - Subscribe now for Early Access & Discounts!

I have officemates hosted by Blue host and just host for photography portfolio Site (lots of pictures!) and e commerce sites and they all run pretty well so far