VPS for Image Hosting Service

I'm planning to open a image hosting service and apparently I need a VPS for it. The specifications should be at least 2GB RAM and 100GB HDD.

I also need the VPS provider to be supportive and assist me with various processes, such as setting up nameservers to point my domains to the VPS, setting up the email etc.

I'm currently paying for a VPS but I'm really dissatisfied with their support. I'm paying around 13$ per month and I would like my payment to remain close or lower than this value in my upcoming host.

My payment options are also limited to: Direct credit card and Google Wallet.

Help would be appreciated.

I doubt you will be able to find a fully managed VPS with great support and decent service at $13 per month or less! I think you have to raise your budget. Don't forget that you get what you pay for.
    Michael Vlastos
    HostWired.com - Innovative Hosting Solutions since 2005 | cPanel, Softaculous
    Personalized support | No site suspensions | No overloaded servers | Green Hosting
    Multiple Backups | Average Response Time: 20 min | Toll Free: 1-855-ECO-HOST

You're right. I'm not looking for very decent support, but just a group of supporters who actually reply when something is asked to them or at least point you at the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugzor View Post
    I'm currently paying for a VPS but I'm really dissatisfied with their support. I'm paying around 13$ per month and I would like my payment to remain close or lower than this value in my upcoming host.
    That is the problem. You will continue to get crap support if you do not increase your budget.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Alright, how much more would I need to increase my budget in order to get decent support and decent service?

Do you need cPanel ? Or any other control panel? How about the OS. Linux or Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by bukzrock View Post
    Do you need cPanel ? Or any other control panel? How about the OS. Linux or Windows?
    As far as I know, cPanel comes with an additional price and I'm trying to keep the expenses at a minimum right now - so that's a no.

I want my OS to be Linux, Ubuntu most preferably.

Your budget is very low. If you are looking for a budget VPS your will get a budget support. anyway give me some more time I will find a service provider for you.

As far as I know, cPanel comes with an additional price and I'm trying to keep the expenses at a minimum right now - so that's a no.

I want my OS to be Linux, Ubuntu most preferably.

I would look into RamNode - Very good people to work with. Their 1GB OpenVZ SSD-Cached plan ($15 / month) has 1GB RAM / 1GB SWAP (I know, bit lower than you want), 150GB SSD-Cached HDD space, 1Gbps w/ 3TB Transfer.

They have a very active community (Especially on IRC) that is always willing to help you.

Nick, the owner, runs his own bandwidth, IP space, and owns all of the hardware.

This is, in no way, a paid placement. I use their VPSs to host my websites and trust them with applications that I wouldn't dare run elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bukzrock View Post
    Your budget is very low. If you are looking for a budget VPS your will get a budget support. anyway give me some more time I will find a service provider for you.
    I'm ready to increase my budget to a certain amount. So to say it in a humorous way: I'd be ready to pay the minimum price at the good services.

Quote Originally Posted by OSTKCabal View Post
    I would look into RamNode - Very good people to work with. Their 1GB OpenVZ SSD-Cached plan ($15 / month) has 1GB RAM / 1GB SWAP (I know, bit lower than you want), 150GB SSD-Cached HDD space, 1Gbps w/ 3TB Transfer.

They have a very active community (Especially on IRC) that is always willing to help you.

Nick, the owner, runs his own bandwidth, IP space, and owns all of the hardware.

This is, in no way, a paid placement. I use their VPSs to host my websites and trust them with applications that I wouldn't dare run elsewhere.
    Well, 2GB was just a starting point for me as I'm not sure the average of RAM I'd need to run an image hosting service. If you have some information on that, please feel free to share.

If you don't mind telling me what the "OpenVZ", "SSD-Cached" and "SWAP" terms mean, I'd really be thankful. I'm really new to VPS-es.

What web server and related software are you looking to use?

What web server and related software are you looking to use?
    I feel shameful for not including these essential pieces of information in my first post, but unfortunately I can't edit my first post anymore; there's not edit button.

Anyway my VPS will run a website with: Apache, PHP and MySQL. Email handling is also needed for my server.

Have you considered the lightweight web servers like nginx yet, or are you wanting/needing to run a LAMP setup?

Have you considered the lightweight web servers like nginx yet, or are you wanting/needing to run a LAMP setup?
    I've heard about nginx, but never used it. If it's somewhat similar to Apache, I would really mind using it. If it's more complicated, I'd like to stick with Apache due to the experience I have with it.

If you don't mind telling me what the "OpenVZ", "SSD-Cached" and "SWAP" terms mean, I'd really be thankful. I'm really new to VPS-es.
    OpenVZ is a virtualization software that "shares" a linux kernal with the host node, aka not fully isolated. It also means that it has lesser overhead on the host's side.

SSD-Caching refers to the practice of running RAID-10 hard drives along with a smaller SSD. Commonly accessed files are moved to the SSD for faster access.

SWAP is basically OpenVZ's "burst RAM" - it uses the HDD or SSD to have burst RAM. Obviously, SWAP is much slower than normal RAM.

I'm sure I got a few things here wrong, sorry about that. I wrote this up quickly.