VPS with Anti-DDOS protection

Hello guys,

I used to manage a VPS for a client, which god heavily DDoS-ed the last few days. This being the case, we want to move to another provider, which provides Anti-DDoS protection. Our budget for the hosting is about $80-90 / month, preferably less. We need linux hosting with Cpanel/ WHM installed on the server. No billing software.
    Can you guys please recommend something?
    Thank you very much in advance.
      0 Not allowed!

Best choice would be OVH or some of their resellers as OVH provides upto 480 Gbps DDOS protection without any extra cost.
      0 Not allowed!

There is one member here in WHT that says OVH ddos doesn't really work well. You might do the search first.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx
      0 Not allowed!

You might take a look at what FiberHub has to offer. The DDoS protection they offer is quite robust. Including a cPanel license, your budget would be a bit on the low-end though.
    ▄▀▄ Brian Harrison, Lead Engineer - Reprise Hosting (AS62838)
    ▄▀▄ Deals on cheap dedicated server hosting. IPMI included! Unmetered bandwidth.
    ▄▀▄ Website migration, 24/7/365 support, basic server setup, 15 day money back.
    ▄▀▄ Looking for DEALS on self-managed cheap VPS hosting? Visit VPSHostingDEAL.com
      0 Not allowed!

I've looked into FiberHub. It seems that they provide colocation services. We only need a vps... no use to rent or colocate a dedicated server, we don't need it right now.
    I was looking at rackspace... anyone had previous experiences with them? They advertise anti-DDoS protection...
    Last edited by fullweb; 12-16-2013 at 03:57 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    There is one member here in WHT that says OVH ddos doesn't really work well. You might do the search first.
    He knows it works but expects VAC to block internal traffic which I don't think it does.
      0 Not allowed!

BuyVM and RamNode are two providers I use with DDoS filtering. Unsure if my RamNode box has ever been the target of an attack, though I know my BuyVM box has. In the early days of one of my projects I'd get an HTTP flood for days and it was kept up, been hit with a slew of other attacks and she runs strong.
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

0 Not allowed!

Hi there,

If the attack is under 10Gbps I would suggest Ramnode.
    If the attack is over 10Gbps I would suggest OVH.
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you all for the replies. I'm looking into Ramnode's plans and pricing as we speak.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sledger View Post
    Best choice would be OVH or some of their resellers as OVH provides upto 480 Gbps DDOS protection without any extra cost.
    That's split across 3 datacenters, so it's 160Gbps per DC, and there's no way you'd get that for one server. They added a Euro or 2 to the price of each server to cover the cost so you can work out your share of the protection from that.
      1 Not allowed!

Indeed, OVH seems a very good Anti-DDoS solution. However, their prices are above our budget.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    That's split across 3 datacenters, so it's 160Gbps per DC, and there's no way you'd get that for one server. They added a Euro or 2 to the price of each server to cover the cost so you can work out your share of the protection from that.
    Yes, its split across 3 Datacentrs but still connected through OVH's intranet & some other ways.I just remember I asked same question to Oles on twitter & he had explained it how works.

Also the 200 Gbps attack from some dudes at hackforums which got blocked by VAC also explains that the protection is not limited to 160 Gbps per DC.

They do not have any VAC at Gravelines but still servers there have as much DDOS protection as other 3 DCs so thats another point which shows what I am saying is true.

In short : Protection is upto 480 Gbps no matter in which DC your server is located
      0 Not allowed!

Also the 200 Gbps attack from some dudes at hackforums which got blocked by VAC also explains that the protection is not limited to 160 Gbps per DC.
    Sorry, no. The protection per DC is 160Gbps. Traffic over that capacity is absorbed within their extra network capacity until they can mitigate it. If you think about it, if they received an attack >160Gbps against BHS in Canada they're not going to route the excess to Roubaix or Strasbourg to run it through the VACs.
      0 Not allowed!

OVH & Voxility reseller vps ddos protection 120/500Gbps
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    He is right. OVH protection is not good. Its protection take time to mitigate the attack , untill then destruction had happened.

go with hmaservers. They are providing vps in voxality datacenter @ 70$ per month.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sudoku View Post
    He is right. OVH protection is not good. Its protection take time to mitigate the attack , untill then destruction had happened.

go with hmaservers. They are providing vps in voxality datacenter @ 70$ per month.
    Voxility's DDOS protection usually fails against a small UDP flood even & regarding OVH's DDOS protection taking time(its usually 60 to 120 seconds), you should choose their DDOS protection then their wouldn't be any delay.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    Sorry, no. The protection per DC is 160Gbps. Traffic over that capacity is absorbed within their extra network capacity until they can mitigate it. If you think about it, if they received an attack >160Gbps against BHS in Canada they're not going to route the excess to Roubaix or Strasbourg to run it through the VACs.
    Then how is their Gravelines DC DDOS protected even though there is no VAC installed there?
      0 Not allowed!

You can always use third party DDoS protection and keep your current hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

Then how is their Gravelines DC DDOS protected even though there is no VAC installed there?
    They run it through the VAC at Roubaix, which is pretty local to Gravelines, for now. As they're hoping to have 300k servers at Gravelines I would imagine they'll add an anti-DDoS system there at some point.
      0 Not allowed!

Are there any details on the attack? If it's really a powerful one, you might want to reconsider your budget or look into DDoS protected dedicated server offers.
      0 Not allowed!

do you tried BlackLotus or Staminus or Incloudibly ? they offer real DDoS protection service.
      0 Not allowed!