Thread: cPanel problem

cPanel problem

Can I change my domain's IP address in cPanel? In the advanced DNS zone tool there is an option to change the main domain's( record, so I could change it's IP address to that I want. Is this the way I should do? Simply rewrite's address to the right IP?

I bought a webhosting server with a domain and now I want to change that domain's IP to my VPS's IP. So when I go to my VPS's index.php have to show up.

Thanks in advance!

Dhaka, Bangladesh
    You can change your domain namesever to point the domain to your VPS or you can use A record of the domain DNS to point the domain to your VPS's index.php .
    EyHost.Biz | More Hosting Disk Space - 24/7 Support Via Support Ticket
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Master Reseller | Cheap VPS | Backup Service [ USA, Netherland]
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud Servers [Chicago, Phoenix, Dallas - USA , Amsterdam]

Contact you web hosting provider to assist you. Your Cpanel account may not be having sufficient privilege.Don't forget to update your domain name records.

Indiana, USA
    You can edit your DNS zone to any IP you want but that doesn't 'make it so.'

Without the virtual host configuration also being updated the IP change will only affect DNS and the site will likely cease to work once pointing to the wrong IP.

If you have root access [or the required access level] you can change an account's IP address. If not - your host will have to do it.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS

Ahh, I see, so this is a host releated thing(sine I only have root access on my VPS).

Thanks a lot guys!

New York
    Yes, but to be on a safer side, ask your hosting provider once before making any changes.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor