Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Thumbs down Hawkhost taking ages

    I'm not sure what's going on at Hawkhost but it's taking ages for them to setup my webhost account.
    Normally when I purchase a webhost it's instantly set up or takes a few hours.

    Right now it has been 18 hours since I have purchased the service.
    Is anyone having the same experiences with them?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,799
    HawkHost is a great host, I'm sure you'll be happy with them. There's a good chance that they manually review orders which will cause some delays when ordering on weekends (Sales and Billing may not be available 24/7 on weekends).
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Diglett View Post
    I'm not sure what's going on at Hawkhost but it's taking ages for them to setup my webhost account.
    Normally when I purchase a webhost it's instantly set up or takes a few hours.

    Right now it has been 18 hours since I have purchased the service.
    Is anyone having the same experiences with them?

    Thanks.
    Have you tried opening a support ticket or posting on their forums? Sometimes they can take awhile to setup a new account as they manually do it (especially on the weekends). They're a great host though so I'm sure once your account gets up and running you'll be happy with them I have 6 shared accounts with them and couldn't be happier.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nleibert View Post
    Have you tried opening a support ticket or posting on their forums? Sometimes they can take awhile to setup a new account as they manually do it (especially on the weekends). They're a great host though so I'm sure once your account gets up and running you'll be happy with them I have 6 shared accounts with them and couldn't be happier.
    Well I have contacted their support,
    "You will get a 'Hosting Account Welcome E-mail' once its setup which will contain all the necessary information about Nameservers, login credentials to access cPanel etc. Please wait for it."

    Which was 13 hours ago.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,521
    I don't think their sales/billing department is open during the weekend. I recommend you to wait patiently till their sales/billing is open on Monday morning.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,582
    Do you have an order number? The only orders I don't see setup right now in our system are ones where proxy's were used or mismatched information.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

  7. #7
    Finally setup, odd it's instantly setup when I post a message here.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Diglett View Post
    Finally setup, odd it's instantly setup when I post a message here.
    When an order is placed and information is mismatched such as Paypal name not matching the billing information we're given it goes through a much longer vetting process. This helps protect us as well as consumers from potential fraud.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    When an order is placed and information is mismatched such as Paypal name not matching the billing information we're given it goes through a much longer vetting process. This helps protect us as well as consumers from potential fraud.
    Alright, well this is solved.

Similar Threads

  1. rdns setup taking ages
    By keith007 in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 08:03 AM
  2. cPanel backup tool = taking ages..
    By myk8022 in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 06:30 PM
  3. Sytem Speed/Booting Up taking ages
    By cabbaged in forum Computers and Peripherals
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 03:02 PM
  4. Nameservers taking ages to propagate
    By 295mfk in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 02:57 PM
  5. GNAX taking ages to deploy a new server??
    By universal2001 in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 12:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •