* centos vps setup guide needed

i registered a vps plan 3 days ago i have knowledge about sharing hosting

i have researched on youtube and google they are using different mehtods i am confusing

also purchased cpanel licence per 1 month it costs $10 dollors

but it not able add addon domain

also my main domain getting apche 404 error

how to configure it

can i install both webmin and after cpanel installation becasue of i need to configure domain per specific directory
    the cpanel addon domain getting fatal eror

i am only hosting two websites on vps but cpanel whm charges 10 dollors per month i want to discountinue after 1 month cpanel subscription

if discontinues what happens

i have also another server which is cpanel installed i have installed webmin and on after that installed wordpress for testing purpose now i able to login webmin and by putty also

i want the guidelines to setup a website that run centos vps server

Hope this forum will help me....

Your provider should be able to guide you in the right direction, I can only advise you remain with a control panel - cPanel is great for you and $10 is a great price for a cPanel license.

Otherwise, you'll install and if you discontinue it will kick into a short trial (if not used on the main IP already), then after you will not be able to access the WHM or cPanel until the license is renewed. You can't really uninstall cPanel after either, so if you didn't want to continue with cPanel you'd need to re-install the VPS.

what if i discontinue after 1 month because the license charge huge for me

also i am not able to setup a website using putty commands

If you're not planning on keeping cpanel then don't use it now, simply go for a free option (vesta?, webmin/virtualmin?) although you really should reconsider, as cpanel makes your life a lot easier, more if, as I can tell from your posts, you don't have the knowledge nor the experience to manage a server.
    VPS & Dedicated
    Lenoir, NC Dallas TX Los Angeles, CA Seattle, WA New York City, NY Miami, FL English, Spanish & French Support

can anyone provide me the steps to start a website on vps with out cpanel

i am following this commands

centOS/RHEL 6, 64 Bit:
    # rpm -Uvh
    # rpm -Uvh

Step 2: Install Apache ( httpd ) using Yum
    Use following command to install latest available Apache packages.
    # yum --enablerepo=remi install httpd
    After installing apache package, start Apache service using following command.
    # service httpd start
    Now point your browser to localhost on port 80, you will get default Apache page

This default done by cpanel vps hoster
    Step 3: Install MySQL 5.5 using Yum
    Now install MySQL server and client using following command or Use this tutorial to install mysql 5.6 on your system.
    # yum --enablerepo=remi install mysql mysql-server
    After installing mysql server packages, execute following command for initial setup and follow the instructions.
    # /usr/bin/mysql_secure_installation
    Step 4: Install PHP 5.4
    At last install PHP using yum. Use following command to install latest PHP version.
    # yum --enablerepo=remi install php
    Also install required php libraries used for your application, Few of useful libraries are listed below.
    # yum --enablerepo=remi install php-common php-cli php-mysql php-devel
    Use this link for more details about these libraries and more php libraries.
    Step 5: Start Services
    Start apache and mysql services using following commands and setup them to auto start on system boot.
    # service httpd restart
    # chkconfig httpd on
    # service mysqld restart
    # chkconfig mysqld on

after installing sql server it asking for and also mentioned if none press enter and entered

the sql server not able to connceting error

and reinstalled os third time now i am trying once again

i have servers one is cpanel optimized another not cpanel installed

in cpanel version i am not able configure a domain but i am configured with webmin in thats why i am trying install again

webmin installed last time on after installed wordpress on same domain after that i am not able open webmin that's the reason to reinstalling os and following this commands agin

also any one help me to how to import dabases using webmin

if you moved these domains to a new vps and remove things from the old one then it will take 24 hours to work because of changing DNS
    if not then i suggest to re-install a Fresh copy of centos + cpanel
    and try again

i am not moved to server just pointed a record to server ip its working in less time

my prbolem is i am not able to run websites on vps both are c panel optimized vps and other server

i learned only creating directories using ftp client and uploading also i know creating databases using webmin and adding user but i don't know how
    to import databases to that targe databases

i founded two commands of exporting and importing

i tried export command with test i got sql file val/ww/publichtml direcoty

i think i need to upload databases to that dircectoty and run command on putty also some where i found installing phpadmin

i have this knowledge anything i missed please help me..

try to install this panel will help you too much