Thumbs up BigScoots and others

I'm a freelance web developer on a part time basis doing some of my own sites and also taking on a paid job here and there. Until I found Web Hosting Talk the only Hosting providers I really ever considered was the ones you see in all the ads. Such as; GoDaddy, HostGator, Bluehost etc. I've used some of these host and have been very disappointed. My sites have lost google rankings due to slow speed and downtime which in turn causes me to lose money on my monetized sites. I spent the last day and half waiting for Host Gator to register a domain name for me. I was told it was in processing after waiting 20 to 30 min to speak to support each time. I finally canceled my account and still waiting on a refund.

Anyway from this site I found a hosting company called Big Scoots who i'd never heard of but thought i'd give them a try. Now let me say I have no idea how the speed of my sites will be or how good the hosting is because I've just got my account with them and it's a shared hosting account so i'm not expecting miracles. But after going through the Host Gator disaster it has been refreshing to see the level of support I've already got from Big Scoots and i'm glad to find a hosting company who makes it seem like they want and appreciate my business. So thanks Web Host Talk and Big Scoots I hope I can get back to building sites instead of looking for a decent host.

Thank you for sharing your review about BigScoots.
    Yes, BigScoots is a very good hosting provider. Good to see you happy with BigScoots
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by roger31 View Post
    I'm a freelance web developer on a part time basis doing some of my own sites and also taking on a paid job here and there. Until I found Web Hosting Talk the only Hosting providers I really ever considered was the ones you see in all the ads. Such as; GoDaddy, HostGator, Bluehost etc. I've used some of these host and have been very disappointed. My sites have lost google rankings due to slow speed and downtime which in turn causes me to lose money on my monetized sites. I spent the last day and half waiting for Host Gator to register a domain name for me. I was told it was in processing after waiting 20 to 30 min to speak to support each time. I finally canceled my account and still waiting on a refund.

Anyway from this site I found a hosting company called Big Scoots who i'd never heard of but thought i'd give them a try. Now let me say I have no idea how the speed of my sites will be or how good the hosting is because I've just got my account with them and it's a shared hosting account so i'm not expecting miracles. But after going through the Host Gator disaster it has been refreshing to see the level of support I've already got from Big Scoots and i'm glad to find a hosting company who makes it seem like they want and appreciate my business. So thanks Web Host Talk and Big Scoots I hope I can get back to building sites instead of looking for a decent host.
    I have heard a lot of good feedback about Big Scoots and I feel you are in good hands now. The companies you have had issues in the past are quite common issues, from what I have heard from customers of mine or from feed back from others. I wish the best for you =)
    Last edited by Silvatech; 12-14-2013 at 04:32 AM.