AlienVPS 1 week review(kinda?)

I placed my order with AlienVPS on the 6th so it's been exactly 1 week. I'd love to tell you all how great the service & support is but unfortunately I wouldn't know :/ Not only have I not received any response to multiple support tickets but I have not received any services at all!

I submitted 1 last ticket requesting a refund but at this point I doubt that will happen, or any response ever. Good thing it was only $10 I guess but still in principal I'm a little pissed. Their nice looking site & cheap prices pulled me in & I negated to read reviews before my purchase, that's my bad.. Anyway, to anyone considering them please don't! No one is home :/

1 week without a reply at all is a big warning...

I hope you did pay with your credit card so you can charge back.

They might be busy, but I would expect atleast one reply informing about status of my order.

I used Paypal & as a non-tangible item I would be surprised to receive refund. I've since went with BudgetVM who at half the price auto provisioned my service & had it running before I had time to refresh my email

Guess they are just Aliens and have lost all communication channels with Planet Earth...

Quote Originally Posted by Host4Geeks-Kushal View Post
    Guess they are just Aliens and have lost all communication channels with Planet Earth...
    Agreed. Still haven't received any response :/

Judging by their reviews here on WHT, this seems normal.

- Daniel

I have about a week of messages from them trying to get me to pay for a VPS package I never received. Ordered it early November, got most of the way through checkout, had a question since it was my first VPS. They replied almost 2 weeks later. >.>

It has now been 26 days since placing my order & still no response from staff, although I have received my next months invoice lol. There's got to be some way to prevent others from going through this right? I mean it's ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by tjphippen View Post
    It has now been 26 days since placing my order & still no response from staff, although I have received my next months invoice lol. There's got to be some way to prevent others from going through this right? I mean it's ridiculous!
    The only way to stop this or slow it down is like this, post a thread and let people know.

Did you do a charge back already?

- Daniel

Have you got refund??

Paypal(non-tangible) & no I've not received a refund. My main concern is that they continue to do business like this & I believe something should be done beyond forum posts to protect others.

You are still eligible for a chargeback through PayPal.
    Open a case with them, they should be able to help you.

Did you try to phone these guys? Or get them on live chat or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by kambone View Post
    You are still eligible for a chargeback through PayPal.
    Open a case with them, they should be able to help you.

Did you try to phone these guys? Or get them on live chat or anything?
    Yes I've tried every contact method they have. I'm opening a case with Paypal now, thanks..

Yes I've tried every contact method they have. I'm opening a case with Paypal now, thanks..
    Hope you'll get your refund, don't forget to update us.

That's just ordinary AlienVPS practise and it's going like that for several years. Occasionally they wake up and tell us that everything will be different, better now and then fall asleep again for another year or two.
    There's a chance that you win paypal case with non-tangible item by default solely because they won't respond to paypal.

That's just a shame. Thank you for bringing to this the forums, others should be warned about those type of practices. Cheap is cheap, but 26 days with no response is unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by Webhostpython View Post
    That's just a shame. Thank you for bringing to this the forums, others should be warned about those type of practices. Cheap is cheap, but 26 days with no response is unacceptable
    Even with the price being half that of AlienVPS' my new host(BudgetVM) has provided amazing service! Overselling is a give-in at these rates, but they've clearly demonstrated that it has little/no effect on service quality if managed properly

Companies like this need to be taken down. They cause so much bad press, and consequently hinder the decent web hosting companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixels Hosts View Post
    Companies like this need to be taken down. They cause so much bad press, and consequently hinder the decent web hosting companies.
    Agreed! & I'm getting really annoyed by at multiple "Invoice Overdue Notice" emails considering they still haven't provided the service I paid for over a month ago lol

I have been with AlienVPS, mine was setup with 24 hours but they never replied to any of my tickets. I still have tickets open from months ago with no reply at all...