Angry Arrogant and Unreasonable Customer Service(abdicar.com)

I recently had the unfortunate pleasure of having to deal with abdicar.com customer service and I cannot believe their arrogance and complete lack of ability to logically resolve an issue.

I bought them two years of service but recently, they stopped my service without any prior notice and to this end ,they cook up an excuse place the blame on spamhaus.org .

Overall, the arrogance, poor customer service, and lack of reasoning demonstrated by this company and its customer service department is unacceptable by today’s standards .I won't stand for this insolence .

With that being said, please see the following Ticket description

=======================================================================================
    Client 08/12/2013 19:02
    Hello,
    My VPS IP 190.103.190.150
    Can not access this IP but solusvm show it's online .
    BTW : Where is your Client area login enter ?

--
    Best Regards!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bruno L.
    Staff 08/12/2013 23:30

We regret to inform you that the IP address or addresses associated to your service have been disabled (nullrouted) due to unjustified pressure by Spamhaus.

Spamhaus has converted into a wolf in sheep's clothing that has been curtailing the freedom of Internet users, with a goal “unknown” to people as of today.

Even though SpamHaus did not provide proof of your infraction, they used extorsive tactics so one of our providers would disable the traffic down to the IP address of your service.

With a simple Google search, you can also read more about the dubious actions from SpamHaus, such as:

Other clear examples of the international impact that these SpamHaus corrupted actions:
    rt.com/news/spamhaus-threat-***********-ddos-attack-956/comments/
    informationweek.com/security/vulnerabilities-and-threats/spamhaus-shows-whats-next-for-block-listing/d/d-id/1112696

stophaus.com/showthread.php?3120-Spamhaus-now-lists-IPs-that-Get-Blocked-from-Wikipedia

At this point, and since SpamHaus considers (without proof) that from your service unusual activities are being performed, we need to cancel your Service, based on our Company Policy available at abdicar.com/company-policies/ under section 18.

******************************************************************************************************
    18. SPAM / Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE) / Unsolicited Bulk Email (UBE):
    The Subscriber may not use or permit others to use the service that abdicar provides to the Subscriber to transmit (including by email, uploading, posting or other transmission), originate, pass through or otherwise transact any SPAM, UCE and/or UBE. Violations of this policy carry, as well as possible suspension or cancellation of service.
    ******************************************************************************************************
    We truly regret to cancel your service without any prior notice, grace period, and without any apparent reason but the indiscriminate aggression by SpamHaus to the clients that do not host their sites in companies that sponsor them. We know this is a terrorist act against the essence of the Internet, and we are confident that with time the price for their actions will fall on them.

Additionally, and since abdicar is committed to truth, justice and Internet freedom, we have made this issue public, through an international Press Release sent out today.

We end up this email with our head up high, with our commitment to continue backing the thousands of businesses around the world that are being harassed by the new bad boys of Internet: SpamHaus

We thank you for your preference and our team is available to further assist you in this matter.

Truly yours,

Maria Alexandra Vázquez M.
    Customer Service Manager
    abdicar.com
    How would you rate this reply ? Poor Excellent

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Client 09/12/2013 05:54
    Hello,
    Hello,
    It must be a mistake, I did not used it as a mail server, only host one private blog and with the few resources .
    Please take a look at the attachment d.jpg.
    I had been mail to spamhaus.org .

And it looks like spamhaus ban Entire segment 190.103.188.0/22 nothing to do with me .
    Please take a look at the attachment d2.jpg.

Attachments
    d.jpg d.jpg
    d2.jpg d2.jpg

Bruno L.
    Staff 09/12/2013 22:00

Thank you for your ticket / Muchas gracias por su tiquete.

At this point we cannot do anything against spamhaus. They are criminals.

Sincerely / Sinceramente,

Bruno L.
    Network Admin / Level 3 Support
    abdicar Communications, S.A.
    How would you rate this reply? Poor Excellent

Client 11/12/2013 04:43
    Hi Bruno ,
    All 190.103.188.0/22 is listed on the Spamhaus Block List - SBL
    My VPS IP is 190.103.190.150 , one of in 190.103.188.0/22 ,so it must be Spamhaus make a mistake not my problem
    , i never spam .
    There must be other solutions ,you may assign a new IP for me or move my VPS to elsewhere ,Etc.
    I'm innocent, cancel my Service is not fair to me.

Bruno L.
    Staff 11/12/2013 18:00

There is no comments from Spamhaus about an specific IP address. We terminated your VPS according to our company policies and we are not longer offering US VPS.

Bruno L.
    How would you rate this reply? Poor Excellent

Client 12/12/2013 12:35
    Hello,
    1.If you are not offering US VPS ,could you tell me how to get my data back ?
    2.My service expiration date is 31/10/2014 ,do you plan to make a refund or move my VM to another country ?

Bruno L.
    Staff 13/12/2013 09:35

Your VPS was terminated according to our abuse policy. If you have any question please refer to it.

Bruno L.
    Last edited by yanqing001; 12-13-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Arrogance? Where? I must have missed it.

I must have missed it as well
    but all of their ip ranges are blacklisted
    your better off without them

You all have missed it? How is that possible?

At this point we cannot do anything against spamhaus. They are criminals.
    Is that not arrogance, to blame and accuse third party for your own problems. In case your entire subnet is blacklisted and you have client in it, who does not even have a mail server on his vps, isn't a premise to give him new IP or refund in case you can't prove he made anything against your SLA.

Your VPS was terminated according to our abuse policy.
    They have said above not just once that smamhaus did not provide any proofs for the spam sent from his IP, nor abdicar.com themselves can provide so. It does not seems to me that his service is terminated according to their policy!

Always bad when you have to create ticket for this and not being informed by them as soon as that happened.

They were not being arrogant towards you they were actually quite pleasant. arrogant towards spamhaus yes.

Give you a new IP they are all blocked in spamhaus (every single range)
    they seem to be a spammer haven.

Quote Originally Posted by HostingBig View Post
    They were not being arrogant towards you they were actually quite pleasant. arrogant towards spamhaus yes.

Give you a new IP they are all blocked in spamhaus (every single range)
    they seem to be a spammer haven.
    It must be a lot of spammer in there but not me .I'm innocent .

There is only one private blog host on this server and 24.03 GB bandwidth used this month .

Bandwidth Usage 3%
    24.03 GB of 900 GB Used / 875.97 GB Free
    Memory Usage 39%
    197.76 MB of 512 MB Used / 314.24 MB Free
    VSwap Usage 5%
    54.89 MB of 1 GB Used / 969.11 MB Free
    Disk Usage 10%
    4.83 GB of 50 GB Used / 45.17 GB Free

They deleted my account now ,this is their way of solving problems .

Another review in this froum :
    webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1285899&highlight=abdicar
    (can not use v code)
    STAY AWAY!

Domain Name: ABDICAR.COM
    Registry Domain ID:
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.softlayer.com
    Updated Date: 2013-10-03 18:10:07
    Creation Date: 2003-11-07 16:48:47
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-11-07 16:48:47
    Registrar: Everyones Internet, LLC dba SoftLayer
    Registrar IANA ID: 925
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
    Reseller: abdicar Communications, Inc.
    Reseller:
    Reseller: +507.8339199
    Reseller: abdicar.com
    Domain Status: ok
    Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: Domain Names
    Registrant Organization: abdicar Communications, Inc.
    Registrant Street: Panama City abdicar.com
    Registrant City: Panama City
    Registrant State/Province: PC
    Registrant Postal Code: 2583-3000
    Registrant Country: PA
    Registrant Phone: +507.5078339199
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax: +1.8592015320
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email:
    Registry Admin ID:
    Admin Name: Domain Names
    Admin Organization: abdicar Communications, Inc.
    Admin Street: Panama City abdicar.com
    Admin City: Panama City
    Admin State/Province: PC
    Admin Postal Code: 2583-3000
    Admin Country: PA
    Admin Phone: +507.5078339199
    Admin Phone Ext:
    Admin Fax: +1.8592015320
    Admin Fax Ext:
    Admin Email:
    Registry Tech ID:
    Tech Name: Contact Domain Owner Contact Domain Owner
    Tech Organization: Contact Domain Owner
    Tech Street: Panama City abdicar.com
    Tech City: Panama City
    Tech State/Province: PC
    Tech Postal Code: 2583-3000
    Tech Country: PA
    Tech Phone: +507.5078339199
    Tech Phone Ext:
    Tech Fax: +1.8592015320
    Tech Fax Ext:
    Tech Email:
    Name Server: IVAN.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
    Name Server: RUTH.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
    DNSSEC:
    URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: wdprs.internic.net

Registration Service Provider:
    abdicar Communications, Inc.,
    +507.8339199
    +1.8592015320 (fax)
    abdicar.com
    =================================================

abdicar.com may be contacted for domain login/passwords, DNS/Nameserver
    changes, and general domain support questions.

CUSTOMER PORTAL
    cp.abdicar.com

** VPS HOSTING STARTING AT $8 PER MONTH **
    *** DEDICATED SERVER HOSTING STARTING AT $60 PER MONTH ***
    **** CLASS C SERVERS STARTING AT $300 PER MONTH ****

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHornet View Post
    You all have missed it? How is that possible?

Is that not arrogance, to blame and accuse third party for your own problems. In case your entire subnet is blacklisted and you have client in it, who does not even have a mail server on his vps, isn't a premise to give him new IP or refund in case you can't prove he made anything against your SLA.

They have said above not just once that smamhaus did not provide any proofs for the spam sent from his IP, nor abdicar.com themselves can provide so. It does not seems to me that his service is terminated according to their policy!
    To put it bluntly , this is shifting responsibility .
    Bad luck , users on this server .

I'd have zero understanding for getting terminated as "collateral damage". They literally state that no proof against that customer exists. The only acceptable solution is to provide clients that do not spam with an IP outside the blacklisted range. Simply terminating them and saying "yeah we know it's wrong" and carrying their fight with spamhouse out on your back ("they're criminals!!!1 you gotta see!11") is unprofessional beyond belief.

And of course, when you ask for data back, they just refer you to their abuse policy. I hope you backed up.

Quote Originally Posted by yanqing001 View Post
    ... we are not longer offering US VPS.

Bruno L.
    So now they admit that they're a bunch of lying shmucks and hosted their services out of the US instead of Costa Rica like they claimed. Frankly, any other host you end up with will be significantly better.
    WonderProxy can help your team do localization testing from around the globe. With more than 250 locations there's no excuse for not testing your website.
    The Where's It Up? API can help multiply your monitoring infrastructure. You can request pings, traceroutes, DNS checks, and HTTP checks from all across the WonderProxy network.

I'd have to agree with the 2 posts above.

First of all they did not issue a notification towards all customers when the issue happened, yet they seem to have a premade templated response (1st email), ready with links that back their statements. Well if they had this vital information and did not share it with their customers first thing - that's just unprofessional.

Second - any respectable company would know they cannot avoid issues. So when an issue occurs they have to be ready with a solution. Nowhere in the correspondence you were offered any kind of solution, simple referral to TOS may be used to explain your actions to your client, but should not be the single thing offered as a reply.

Even if you disregard those key points, alright - the worst happened, you need to terminate the customer. Not offering any kind of a refund? Or an option outside a certain IP range? Sure, you were not treated arrogantly, but templated responses lacking any help can be as frustrating as that.
    www.WebHostFace.com where Service always comes with a smiling face!
    Contact us for Shared, VPS, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions.

They're lazy and/or incompetent when it comes to spam lists.
    And fake whois = kiddie host.

Domain Name: ABDICAR.COM
    Registry Domain ID:
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.softlayer.com
    Updated Date: 2013-10-03 18:10:07
    Creation Date: 2003-11-07 16:48:47

Registrant Name: Domain Names
    Registrant Organization: abdicar Communications, Inc.
    Registrant Street: Panama City http://abdicar.com
    Registrant City: Panama City
    Registrant State/Province: PC
    Registrant Postal Code: 2583-3000
    Registrant Country: PA
    Registrant Phone: +507.5078339199
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax: +1.8592015320
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email:
    Use a reputable host next time.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I'm also now in the same boat as OP. My VPS is offline because their IP addresses were blacklisted as Spamhaus. They sent me an email to say what happened, but 5 minutes later when I replied to ask how I can get a backup of my VPS, they were nowhere to be found.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

it should be some direct evidence of OP abuse, if the rest of IP addresses are block due to spam abuse it doesn't meant that the OP is responsible for whole block of /22, the SpamHaus blocked whole block of IP addresses as abuse notifications been ignored in past by IP block holder.

My recommendation: change provider!
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Luckily, I was able to login to my VPS via SolusVM and get everything I needed off before they wiped it. I guess Abdicar must not want business if they are just cancelling everyone's VPS and not offering to have it moved. Abdicar is just as responsible as their clients who were abusing their servers by sending spam, cause Abdicar should've been monitoring their servers more closely and stopping this from happening.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

I'll bet what happened was that with Abdicar being a SoftLayer reseller (according to the whois), SoftLayer terminated their reseller account after the /22 got blacklisted with no apparent attempt to correct the problem. Spamhaus doesn't just blacklist an entire range like that unless there's an ongoing problem.

IMO the OP had his account terminated for a BS excuse and Abdicar is refusing to take responsibility for their part in it. I can't see that the OP violated their TOS in any way, and Abdicar can't/won't provide any evidence of anything he did. I doubt he'll get any money back, but at least we know of another provider to avoid.

Geez, they have seven ranges listed on Spamhaus, ranging from a /22 to a /19. Wouldn't touch these guys with a 10-foot pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_P View Post
    Geez, they have seven ranges listed on Spamhaus, ranging from a /22 to a /19. Wouldn't touch these guys with a 10-foot pole.
    Holy cow... indeed to avoid.

WOW!!!!, make that a 100 foot pole

I'll bet what happened was that with Abdicar being a SoftLayer reseller (according to the whois), SoftLayer terminated their reseller account after the /22 got blacklisted with no apparent attempt to correct the problem. Spamhaus doesn't just blacklist an entire range like that unless there's an ongoing problem.

IMO the OP had his account terminated for a BS excuse and Abdicar is refusing to take responsibility for their part in it. I can't see that the OP violated their TOS in any way, and Abdicar can't/won't provide any evidence of anything he did. I doubt he'll get any money back, but at least we know of another provider to avoid.
    That sounds about right. I'm not sure about OP but I paid for a year and got the second year free (with a promotion they had). I just started the second year so I'm not out any money.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

This is why we always reject inquiries from people who want to use VPSs or dedicated servers for mailing, even the ones with double opt-in and etc.
    Spammers and mailers ruin the hosting for every other client.
    You should move as fast as you can from that company and get a VPS node from a reputable host, who will make sure the IPs are clean and will take care of you, instead of blaming a 3rd party.

Quote Originally Posted by CBH-Nick View Post
    That sounds about right. I'm not sure about OP but I paid for a year and got the second year free (with a promotion they had). I just started the second year so I'm not out any money.
    Well looks like this thread explain what's happened with mine vps there,i also got that same deal but still is sucks why this happened.And the biggest irony is,i maybe would not even notice if domain which i had there didn't expire,so this is some kind of perfect storm,first domain expired(which i renewed now)and now suddenly i cant access vps.
    Problem is i had data there on 3 sites,so it seems investment which i made on those sites will now completely gone.Even had a script which i spend 2 weeks on it but good thing atleast that i moved to another vps before.I guess time to implement node backup system.
    Also i send today mail there since i didn't had clue about this till today as mail which i used to register there is disabled,wondering will they answer anything or them as hosting are completely dead.

Does Spamhaus SBL affect VPS servers? I thought it would only block mail.

Quote Originally Posted by NCXVPS View Post
    Does Spamhaus SBL affect VPS servers? I thought it would only block mail.
    If your a VPS provider and all your IP ranges are being blocked by Spamhaus, then the data center will only take so much before they have to pull the plug.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software