POSTS - Not adding

I've made quite a few posts over the last few days and my post number is still zero.

thought i'd let you know incase it's a bug or something.

jon

Posts don't count outside of the Main Forums.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Ah.... cheers!

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Posts don't count outside of the Main Forums.

Then how did I get most of my 500? I used to do a lot of reviews. The review section is not a main area?

Confused?

No, it's not. There may have been a decision to count posts in that forum, though - I don't remember, and didn't really follow all the various threads.

I do know that if I click on your profile link, then on the "Find all posts by this user" link in the upper right corner, it shows that you have 644 posts total - meaning that just over 100 of them aren't counted towards your displayed post count.
    Lesli Schauf, TLM Network
    Linux and Windows Hosting: Scribehost

Thanks for the heads up.

To me at least, by seeing the post count in some sense shows creditaility towards the community. That we have been here for awile, that we talk and communicate with the community as a whole.

Maybe its just me who sees it that way.

Originally posted by living_media
    No, it's not. There may have been a decision to count posts in that forum, though - I don't remember, and didn't really follow all the various threads. . . . .
    Yes. There has been lots of talk about that forum in particular.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by Tranz
    Thanks for the heads up.

To me at least, by seeing the post count in some sense shows creditaility towards the community. That we have been here for awile, that we talk and communicate with the community as a whole.

Maybe its just me who sees it that way.
    It may have something to do with the main thrust of this forum, which is to talk about issues affecting the hosting industry (mods, please correct me if I'm wrong on this one). Web site reviews can be valuable, but they are not part of the main mission of WHT, so maybe that's why the decision was made not to count posts in the Reviews forum - no matter how valuable they may be (and a few I've seen in there have been pretty well-balanced and useful to the designers asking for feedback), they don't establish credibility for talking about the hosting industry, specifically.

Of course, all of that is supposition only, so take it with not just a grain of salt, but the whole block.
    Lesli Schauf, TLM Network
    Linux and Windows Hosting: Scribehost