Thread: hetzner DC

hetzner DC

Hi Guys .

i want buy this service of hetzner http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/pro...ootserver/ex60

i searched and find this
    http://ark.intel.com/Products/Spec/SLBCH

im wonder that cpu only support 24 gig Maximum and now hetzner provide 48 gig ram its cheat or my mistake ?

Quote Originally Posted by NaSRi View Post
    Hi Guys .

i want buy this service of hetzner http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/pro...ootserver/ex60

i searched and find this
    http://ark.intel.com/Products/Spec/SLBCH

im wonder that cpu only support 24 gig Maximum and now hetzner provide 48 gig ram its cheat or my mistake ?
    Have been asking myself the same question

Well spotted guys. This question came up on WHT right after we started offering the EX60 server, and I wrote a response then as well.

The Intel Core i7-920 was released in 2008. Back then, 2GB RAM modules were the largest you could get, though 4GB modules were being tested.

Thus, a motherboard with 6 memory slots could have a maximum of 24GB RAM (6 slots x 4GB modules). That is what Intel wrote on their website, even though it isn't an actual limitation of the CPU itself.

Since then, 8GB modules have been released. After talking with Intel and MSI (the motherboard manufacturer we are using for the EX60), we had one of our larger clients test 48GB RAM with the Intel i7-920 CPU on a few hundred servers. Those tests didn't bring up any problems and thus we started offering the EX60 in July of this year. We've since sold a lot of them and haven't had any problems with the fact that they have 48GB RAM.

Ahh, that make sense

Intel should update their site tho

Just out of curiosity: Do you really need 48 GB RAM?
    Maybe would it be better to invest on a better CPU or something else?
    Just wondering.
    Michael Vlastos
    HostWired.com - Innovative Hosting Solutions since 2005 | cPanel, Softaculous
    Personalized support | No site suspensions | No overloaded servers | Green Hosting
    Multiple Backups | Average Response Time: 20 min | Toll Free: 1-855-ECO-HOST

Quote Originally Posted by Hetzner_Rep View Post
    Well spotted guys. This question came up on WHT right after we started offering the EX60 server, and I wrote a response then as well.

The Intel Core i7-920 was released in 2008. Back then, 2GB RAM modules were the largest you could get, though 4GB modules were being tested.

Thus, a motherboard with 6 memory slots could have a maximum of 24GB RAM (6 slots x 4GB modules). That is what Intel wrote on their website, even though it isn't an actual limitation of the CPU itself.

Since then, 8GB modules have been released. After talking with Intel and MSI (the motherboard manufacturer we are using for the EX60), we had one of our larger clients test 48GB RAM with the Intel i7-920 CPU on a few hundred servers. Those tests didn't bring up any problems and thus we started offering the EX60 in July of this year. We've since sold a lot of them and haven't had any problems with the fact that they have 48GB RAM.
    thanks you . im going order it . how about delivery and ip request ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Michael View Post
    Just out of curiosity: Do you really need 48 GB RAM?
    Maybe would it be better to invest on a better CPU or something else?
    Just wondering.
    Yes , dear i have plan to run vps on it .

Yes , dear i have plan to run vps on it .
    That would be an overkill for i7-920 with that much RAM & clients.Better go for i7-4770 or would be even better if you choose server grade processors like E3 or E5

Well spotted Nasri and good answer Hetzner

thanks you . im going order it . how about delivery and ip request ?
    A standard server, like the EX60, takes just a few hours to come online after your order has been processed.

Please note that if you are a new customer our office staff needs to check your order manually. Our office staff only works during normal office hours, so please take that into account (considering it is Friday afternoon).

As for the IPs, you can order them via our Robot webinterface once the server is online.

Quote Originally Posted by gingir View Post
    Well spotted Nasri and good answer Hetzner
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hetzner_Rep View Post
    A standard server, like the EX60, takes just a few hours to come online after your order has been processed.

Please note that if you are a new customer our office staff needs to check your order manually. Our office staff only works during normal office hours, so please take that into account (considering it is Friday afternoon).

As for the IPs, you can order them via our Robot webinterface once the server is online.

Thanks
    o ordered this service. and this has better internet speed than datashack.net , De is nearer than us with us . good job .

i want know you have service with uk ips ?

o ordered this service. and this has better internet speed than datashack.net , De is nearer than us with us . good job .
    Thank you, glad to hear that

i want know you have service with uk ips ?
    I'm afraid not, we only provide German IPs.