To apply for this job you must live in the UK or be a British Citizen living abroad.
Please, no recruiters or outsourcing agencies.
We’re looking for an experienced technical support / system administrator (equivalent to L3 Support) to join our support team and support our cPanel, VPS and dedicated server clients. This is a full time position and working hours are negotiable. You will be working remotely.
You will also be required to be on-call in rotation to deal with emergency server outages until we have 24/7 active support coverage.
Krystal are an established (10+ years) web host based in the UK. We offer shared cPanel hosting, reseller WHM hosting, cloud VPS hosting and dedicated servers. We are a growing company with a good reputation for providing great support.
Our friendly team of 6 all work remotely throughout the UK – the majority in London. We are a flexible and committed bunch and we're looking to welcome another like-minded individual into our team.
At the moment we provide 9-5 GMT support and we are working towards having active 24/7 support coverage in the next few years.
The basic requirements for this role are:
- You must be fluent in written and spoken English
- You must live in the UK or be a British Citizen living abroad.
- You must be comfortable taking phone calls from clients
- You must have a reliable broadband internet connection
- You must be trustworthy, reliable and flexible
The support based requirements for this role are:
- Experience working support in at a hosting company
- Experience with a hosting billing system
- Experience working with a helpdesk answering tickets
- The ability to talk to clients over the phone
- The ability to work as part of a growing support team
The technical requirements for this role are:
- Advanced knowledge of CentOS/Redhat/CloudLinux
- Advanced knowledge of cPanel / WHM at root level
- Experience using remote administration tools such as iKVM, iDRAC, iLOM
- Setup and configuration of cPanel web related services including:
- Experience debugging website related issues including:
o 500 problems
o php.ini problems
o mod_security problems
o .htaccess problems
- Experience debugging mail related problems including:
o Delayed mail
o Mailbox permission problems
o Spam problems
Other essential skills:
- A good working knowledge of:
o Bash scripts
- Experience with the major CMS systems:
- Experience with OnApp Cloud or other VPS technologies
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Nagios
- Experience with R1Soft CDP
If you’re interested in working with us, then we’d love to hear from you. Please send over your details, salary requirements and preferred working hours to [email protected]