Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Resellers (small time), how do you manage your support?

For cpanel resellers, how do you manage your support if you're not available 24/7 (of course you would need to sleep)?

You can hire someone who can work while you can't and pay him on per ticket basis.

If you are one in the company then it isn't possible. You can use some monitoing tools to let you know about a problem, but I'm sure you can't answer on tickets any time.

Hello,

You can give tech supporting contract whom you know very closely.
    You will get many support providers in online but cant say that they must be trustworthy.

Else Better option is to hire someone.

You can outsource ticket support, but for live support, it should be someone who can take action immediately upon a clients request.
    █▌ Cheapest Domain Registration Service & Shared Hosting Solutions .
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,Monero, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, Crypto.
    █▌ Instant Domain Name Registration - Over 700+ Extensions x3reg.com!

Hello,

I hope its better to hire someone.

This is the best solution for this.

Quote Originally Posted by apartmentph View Post
    For cpanel resellers, how do you manage your support if you're not available 24/7 (of course you would need to sleep)?
    Best and cost effective solution is:
    Get reseller hosting from provider who offers end user support(free /paid).
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

outsource them!

As stated, outsource support if needed or simply don't offer 24/7 support if it's not something that you can provide.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Get a Partner
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Quote Originally Posted by ravi_9793 View Post
    Best and cost effective solution is:
    Get reseller hosting from provider who offers end user support(free /paid).
    I agree, you can either hire someone or get a package which has support included.

You also don't need to be on live chat 24/7, as long as someone answers tickets fairly quickly most customers wont mind.

you have to hire some free lancers

Be honest with your customers - Your relationship with them will improve as a result. Tell them: "I'm here from 7am to 2am but I need to sleep a little - Here's my cellphone if you need me for something at night that's really urgent".

That way you'll keep the customers that you really want to keep.

It depends if your only really looking at attracting your local market, if so then simply tell them truth that you can be available just simply phone you for emergency's during the night.

If I had a choice End User Support from reseller plan or outsource, then I would outsource.

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    Tell them: "I'm here from 7am to 2am but I need to sleep a little - Here's my cellphone if you need me for something at night that's really urgent".
    Best advice so far, part of running a business means sacrifice. I think you will find that very few people will bug you at late hours of the night, especially if you have a stable service. Using verbiage like "Emergency 24/7 support available), you'll just have to make sure you pick up that phone (regardless of the time).
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Not promising 24/7 support to customers may be a solution. Guaranteeing instant or quick replies will turn into a lie. Cause you really might get sick, hospitalized, sleepy or worn out from time to time. A honest relationship with customers and sth like up to 10 hours ticket reply time as a promise can be useful.
    █|||RosenHost | Budget friendly EU and US located web Hosting solutions since 2009
    █||| Colorado | Vegas | California | London | Luxembourg |

Unless you plan to employee/contract someone I would echo the other advice and not offer 24/7 support. Honesty with your clients is very important. As long as you have the monitoring in place for emergencies then most people are more than happy especially if you provide great support during your working hours. Also as a reseller the hardware aspect of your hosting should be monitored by your provider.

I give 24/7 support to my clients, I have a live chat app on my phone which helps me to be online almost 20 hours. Most of people who contant me via live chat or calls are new customers So I dont mind.
    Last edited by Donn; 12-11-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Thanks for your suggestions. As someone said, for resellers, the responsibility of maintaining the server is on the provider since resellers don't have controls on the server. Are there any outsourcing that will only answer basic question and for server errors will log a ticket with the provider? How much does that usually cost?

You can use the outsource end-user support. There are many company provide the service for 24x7.

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    simply don't offer 24/7 support if it's not something that you can provide.
    ^ This is the best answer.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Are there any outsourcing that will only answer basic question and for server errors will log a ticket with the provider? How much does that usually cost?
    If you decide that your customers absolutely need a live response 24x7, there are a few providers that offer outsourced support tailored to resellers. Here are a couple providers that offer these kinds of plans:
    http://bobcares.com
    http://xesupport.net/
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups

Quote Originally Posted by BrettB View Post
    your customers absolutely need a live response 24x7
    ... then they should just use another host. That's the best way to handle it, to be honest.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

We're a small team, all located in same timezone.

Servers is monitored 24/7 (on-call), but tickets is answered whenever they're discovered (usually within 4 hours at night) and 3 minutes during the day.

In the end, completely downtime, or service issues, we'll be called up by whatever tools we use.
    We don't offer 24/7 support anyway at this point, because of the limited people in the company.

On the other hand, we never receive support requests that is emergency, if a service isn't down.
    People can get their backups from the control panel, and restore the files they want.

Often tickets set at 'high' prio, is people that somehow managed to delete all their files, or breaking their site when updating, and surely didn't take a backup before that.

We can help restore, but thats not within a 5 minutes timeframe.
    Resellers tho, is quite good at handling that themselfs anyway!

I agree - if people are aware of the hours you provide support, they can't moan later on if an email/ticket isn't answered within an hour so.

In your case, I would focus on automation. I.e. set up different mail boxes for different events. I.e. have server down/unresponsive messages get sent to your phone which of course are important to respond to ASAP. Create a lengthy self-service (i.e. a knowledgebase) etc. There's plenty of things you can do to optimize your business operations.

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    Be honest with your customers - Your relationship with them will improve as a result. Tell them: "I'm here from 7am to 2am but I need to sleep a little - Here's my cellphone if you need me for something at night that's really urgent".

That way you'll keep the customers that you really want to keep.
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast