Need help configuring my VPS's Nameservers

If this post is in the wrong section, please accept my apologies.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and also new to managing a VPS. This is quite tougher than I thought.

I have purchased a VPS lately and I'm quite satisfied with it. I followed some guides online and ended up using Webmin to manage my VPS. So far so good. My VPS is running on CentOS 6 32-bit.

The problems I am facing are quite hard to fix as a beginner. My domain names are registered to an external registrar to which I had shared hosting in the past. Since my shared hosting expired, managing my domains became quite troublesome, since they removed the ability for me to edit DNS zones. So my only possibility now is to use nameservers (based on what Google Search results said) to point those domains to my VPS.

So without going deeper into explaining the situation: How do I point my domains to my VPS via Webmin using nameserver?

I don't also know how to set up nameservers via webmin correctly. I tried, but it didn't go well.

Your help would be highly appreciated. This issue has been causing a lot of trouble to me lately.
    Last edited by Dugzor; 12-10-2013 at 06:08 AM. Reason: More explanatory title added

First thing, get your domain transferred to a reputed registrar like Godaddy, namecheap, bigrock

Make sure your domains are safe and you can manage all aspects of domains.

How to create nameserver:
    Let's say have two IP on your VPS:

And you want to setup following nameserver:

Please follow these simple steps
    1) create two A record for nameserver in VPS. -> ->

2) Login in your domain control panel and create two child nameserver / glue record. -> ->

If you are unsure how to create child nameserver in domain control panel, contact your domain registrar.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Web Hosting Tutorials

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. Could you give me a brief walkthrough on how to add these records via Webmin? I havfe no idea how to proceed.