Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Thinking to buy a vps for selling shared hosting. Can 1024mb tolerate that?

Hello,

I want to buy a vps from knownhost for selling shared hosting for my customer. My package starts from 1GB to 10GB. In max there will be 400 users. I am confused can 1024 ram tollerate it?

VPS Hosting Feature:
    1024MB Guranteed RAM
    2x priority 8+ CPU cores
    500GB Raid-10 Disk Space
    2500 GB premium bandwidth

I need the advice of true experience person. Can I handle my customers for shared hosting with this?

absolutely 1024 MB of ram can not handle 400 website with cPanel!

You are better off getting a reseller account.
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

This is not an ideal configuration for 400 total users. I doubt that reseller hosting is the best option either as there's a chance you could be placed on an already overloaded server in which case you'll never get an idea of actual performance under those conditions. I'd hate to migrate 400 accounts only to do it again 2 weeks later because the performance is garbage or you're sanctioned by the provider for overusing resources which would have otherwise been available on a VPS.

RAM meets cPanel's minimum system requirements, but is by no means enough to handle the load of 400+ hosting accounts. I would want 2GB dedicated physical memory at the absolute very least. Ideal would be probably be in the 3GB to 4GB range, though.

As for CPU power, this exceeds cPanel's system requirements, but is not really ideal for this many users, especially during peak hours and when backups tend to run. I would recommend a quad core in this case.

The disk allocation is going to depend entirely on what you're using now and whether or not 500gb is going to be enough in the future.

Overall I would go for double the specs you posted initially. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by blue jhon View Post
    I want to buy a vps from knownhost for selling shared hosting for my customer. My package starts from 1GB to 10GB. In max there will be 400 users. I am confused can 1024 ram tollerate it?
    Your business plan is too ambitious.
    Your vps would cost less than $50/month. You want to sell 400 hosting accounts. Say $1/month per account that is $400/month.
    So you make 800% profit which is not sustainable.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

For 400 sites on cPanel you should consider getting more ram and a quad core processor like what others recommend.

You could even make a big boy move and go with a powerful server from ovh they have wonderful prices also I don't think they are still out of stock.

Hello,

I want to buy a vps from knownhost for selling shared hosting for my customer.
    A shared hosting server with cPanel should have minimum 2 GB RAM.

My package starts from 1GB to 10GB. In max there will be 400 users. I am confused can 1024 ram tollerate it?
    For 400 cPanel accounts, you should better look for dedicated server with 4-8 GB RAM.

You will also need lots of disk space since you will provide 1GB space to 400 cPanel accounts. So, you should look for dedicated server.

You may start with a VPS and later upgrade to dedicated server.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

Quote Originally Posted by ravi_9793 View Post
    A shared hosting server with cPanel should have minimum 2 GB RAM.

For 400 cPanel accounts, you should better look for dedicated server with 4-8 GB RAM.

You will also need lots of disk space since you will provide 1GB space to 400 cPanel accounts. So, you should look for dedicated server.

You may start with a VPS and later upgrade to dedicated server.
    Haha 400 accounts should really be either a monster server, with a nice CPU or 100 accounts per server (this is IMO but your a master so your probably right).

Personally 1024MB is great for less than 10 domains, like a personal VPS.

After around ten domains it will start getting low memory (especially if your sites have decent traffic).

Again,

I cant fit my mind above 20-25 (that also in extreme case) with a mix blend of Dynamic and static site.

Don't do it unless you are a free host or are ready to provide Refund to every next customer.

If it's Apache I do not think with extreme optimization as well can sustain so much!

If there is even 1 client using WP (not very high amount of content) with visitors in 1000+/ day with basic optimization it will start absorbing atleast 10% of your available resources (1024-512=512MB; 512/10= 51.2MB).

You need dedicated server for 400 cPanel account.
    ExonHost - In Business Since 2009 - 24/7 Real Support | Multiple Locations
    █ NVMe SSD | cPanel | LiteSpeed - Accelerate Your Website, Maximum Performance!

hello,
    A VPS with 1 GB ram is not for web hosting business , this is for personal use. if you want to web hosting business you need to higher config.
    And for 400 web site , you are thinking for VPS with 1 GB Ram ! you should need a dedicated server for 400 website.
    Last edited by HostMight-Bipul; 12-10-2013 at 03:28 AM.
    Hostmight.Com - Easy & Affordable Web Hosting
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed Vps
    CPanel/WHM | Softaculous | Website Backups | 99% Uptime Guarantee | Friendly Support !

How about this, will this fit to host 100-250 accounts (not 400)

[LIST][*]SolusVM VPS Management Panel[*]4 CPU Cores @ 3.4Ghz each[*]250GB SSD Accelerated RAID Disk Space[*]200Mbps Unmetered Premium Bandwidth[*]4048MB Guaranteed DDR3 RAM[*]8192MB Burstable DDR3 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by apartmentph View Post

• SolusVM VPS Management Panel
    • 4 CPU Cores @ 3.4Ghz each
    • 250GB SSD Accelerated RAID Disk Space
    • 200Mbps Unmetered Premium Bandwidth
    • 4048MB Guaranteed DDR3 RAM
    • 8192MB Burstable DDR3 RAM
    This may fit for 100-150 websites if you do not have high traffic websites.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

[LIST][*]SolusVM VPS Management Panel[*]4 CPU Cores @ 3.4Ghz each[*]250GB SSD Accelerated RAID Disk Space[*]200Mbps Unmetered Premium Bandwidth[*]4048MB Guaranteed DDR3 RAM[*]8192MB Burstable DDR3 RAM
    Check out Dacentec for a budget friendly dedicated server. That's what your want for 50+ accounts.

500GB Raid-10 Disk Space
    500GB you best be looking for a Dedi

Opt for at least 4GB RAM and 4 CPUs assuming the sites your hosting are not high traffic, even better if double the stated amounts.

I would love going dedicated but managed dedicated servers are more expensive than managed vps servers.

I would love going dedicated but managed dedicated servers are more expensive than managed vps servers.
    Learn how to manage a VPS on your own. Then the Dacentec server will be perfect in the future.

It's easier than you think to manage a cpanel VPS. In fact there are guides on here for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClamHost View Post
    Learn how to manage a VPS on your own. Then the Dacentec server will be perfect in the future.

It's easier than you think to manage a cpanel VPS. In fact there are guides on here for it.
    My problem is about security. Even with initial hardening, there still might have loopholes. I'm not so good with Unix / Linux and I don't know modsecurity setups.

Nobody with 400 clients looks for a VPS. I mean... how do you host them now?
    If you have just a bunch of clients and you plan to reach 400, buy a VPS with upgrade options. When you reach 150-200 buy a dedicated server. Don't look for instant cash. Build a reliable and stable hosting solution and the clients will come. If you reach 400 clients, at 2 $ per month you can buy a solid dedicated server and still make good cash. But think about the support for those 400 guys, you will get at least 20 requests per day.
    Another problem with hosting 400 accounts on the same hardware node are DDoS attacks. If 1 website receives an attack that overloads your network port, all websites are down. And DDoS will happen.

Hello,

VPS Hosting Feature:
    1024MB Guranteed RAM
    2x priority 8+ CPU cores
    500GB Raid-10 Disk Space
    2500 GB premium bandwidth

I need the advice of true experience person. Can I handle my customers for shared hosting with this?
    To be honest, it doesnt really sound to me like you have any current customers? in other words you are basing these specs on pure speculation on what you think you might have at some point? If that is the case, I'd probably add 1GB of ram and run with it. You can always scale up as you get clients or, you can simply start with a reseller plan (which will be far more cost effective.
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Be realistic. Over ambitious will be the root cause for your future problems! These specs sound only good on paper.

Also I'm surprised to see KnownHost providing 500GB of space for 1GB?!

Don't over plan and buy resources that you currently don't need. Also do you already have the four hundred customers or are you just saying numbers.

If you truly do have four hundred sites / customers then you should go with a dedicated server rather than a vps. Choose a managed provider if you ain't have any server Harding and management skills.

You plan on giving 2.5 MB ram to each account? Not to mention Apache, MySQL, Email server, all those stuff will at the bare minimum take you already 512, so its lets than 1 MB RAM per account actually...

Be realistic with your plan. You will need a mega monster server for 400 accounts, in particular in 2014 where people tend to only host PHP with MySQL, this means forums, wordpress sites, etc.

Ambition seems to be the biggest sickness of the hosting industry or just ignorance on what they can actually do. In other markets you donīt have this size of profit either, like someone said, you cannot expect to make 800% profit.

Try selling just 5 plans first, and see how it goes on for there.

Nobody can tell you what you need because every customers and website is different. So its a good start to sell your first 10 accounts and see what they are consuming and make your business plan on that average.

A 1024 MB ram cPanel server is probably more for personal use or very low reselling, like your friends or just a few accounts which will let you started to a higher server in the future.

Moved > VPS Hosting.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast