what is good ping?

i have pinged few us servers from my pc. its showing 369ms. what does it mean? is it too slow or average. my country is bangladesh other side of earth from usa. should i use usa servers if i want to use too busy sites with huge download and uploads from my country.

This corresponds to latency in the network. It depends on how much bandwidth port you are using. Please contact your service provider for this.

It means that you have a quite high latency to the web host's servers. This is probably because you'r ISP does not have good direct connection to a certain region/country/state. Or it just means that the RTT from your place to any North American point is just high for example.

I'd suggest you to find a web host which offers a lowest possible latency to the region where your prospective websites visitors are. If you need to serve Asian markets, you;d probably go with a web host based in Hong Kong, Singapore or any other Asian country...
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

You next Bet would be europe particular France and UK , you would normally get an average latency of around 100 - 150 ms (Level 3 ,Tata Comm)
    Ahmed Kamil, SonicACE Solutions
    Premium Windows Hosting - Affordable Vmware Cloud Servers - SaaS Reseller Hosting Solutions
    MS Exchange, Lync, Sharepoint

Quote Originally Posted by reldegart View Post
    i have pinged few us servers from my pc. its showing 369ms. what does it mean? is it too slow or average. my country is bangladesh other side of earth from usa. should i use usa servers if i want to use too busy sites with huge download and uploads from my country.
    369ms is generally fairly high - can you paste a traceroute so that we can see why?

If on Windows, start -> run -> cmd (or just type "cmd" from the start window if on Windows 7) -> type "tracert iphere"

And then paste the results here.

Ping is used to determine latency, packet loss, reachability and among other things.

If you are seeing over 300ms from your location to the US it might be the best you can get. Try testing IPs on west coast of USA and see if they work for you.
    OCOSA Communications | Since 2003
    http://www.ocosa.com
    Hosting, Connectivity, Professional Services

That shows network latency and it is fairly high from the provided information. Your best bet is to choose an Indian hosting platform. Try http://www.hostdime.in/ ; they have good reviews and own a DataCenter in NewDelhi. That is very close to your county and you will get very less network latency. But please note that compared to US hosting, you may not get cheap hosting in Asian facilities; that is due to the high cost of operation compared to US.
    Last edited by nixtree; 12-10-2013 at 02:38 AM.

You can find some dedicated servers in Hawaii cheaper than any in SE Asia

396 is too much.
    My rule of thumb is maximum about 150 for a remote location.
    Customers from Bangladesh seem to be happy with Australian servers, you might want to give that a try.

Hong Kong to USA are always around 200ms and just now, the best among other cities was
    Seattle, U.S.A. (ussea01): Okay 161.0 164.7 167.5

Since you are pinging from your pc, your broadband provider also matters.

If you are looking for a place to host a server, surely low ping and big pipe can give your customers better experience with you.
    Alex - info[@]serverhk.org
    Server Hong Kong Company - The optimized choice
    No limitation at service scope but promise you always the best price for whatever service level required.

If you have budget, I will suggest to check India Hosting.
    If you want cheap Asia hosting, check Singapore hosting.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Latency issue to many hops to get the destination IP try an IP with the shortest path to destination IP. You can find this out by doing a tracert on the IP you want to ping.
    ¦¦ COLOCATIONAMERICA.COM™ It’s All About Connections...™
    ¦¦ Email [email][email protected]

If you are in the same country/origin as the server in question and you are experiencing latency of up to or above 300ms I would suggest you either contact the current provider and ask why this is or change provider.
    Thomas Bibb | Exascale
    █ Dedicated Servers | Virtual Servers | IP Connectivity | Managed Hosting
    █ Amazing prices, 99.9% uptime SLA guarantee, fanatical after sales support.
    █ 30 day money-back guarantee, our prices start small

I recommend you should change provider. A good ping is really under 100ms from the same country origin. Before continuing with a server you should ping there website as normally there hosted on there own servers

Quote Originally Posted by RadiumServer View Post
    I recommend you should change provider. A good ping is really under 100ms from the same country origin. Before continuing with a server you should ping there website as normally there hosted on there own servers
    I totally agree, also the ping of the providers website is a good test!
    Thomas Bibb | Exascale
    █ Dedicated Servers | Virtual Servers | IP Connectivity | Managed Hosting
    █ Amazing prices, 99.9% uptime SLA guarantee, fanatical after sales support.
    █ 30 day money-back guarantee, our prices start small

its a simple and cost effective way as you don't pay nothing just to find out a ping