Need inexpensive but high quality MediaWiki hosting

I have a MediaWiki website on Hostgator right now, shared hosting, and it is way too slow. That plus the frequent downtimes in the past weeks makes me want to change.

Finding a good host is hard, though.

I'm considering LiquidWeb's standard $15/month hosting plan. Are they good?

If not, what else would you recommend? I'm looking to spend less if possible. Website traffic is quite small for now but I intend it to go up.

Thanks in advance!

Does it make any difference what hosting you use? I mean as long as mediawiki is concerned?
    In a calm sea every one is a pilot

Probably not. It's just a Mysql/php program.

I believe you'd go with any web host which is not popular for selling "unlimited" and hosting Shared accounts on overloaded servers… The web host mentioned above has a good reputation. I'd not more about it, but it is better go with a company like this, then to go with an overseller.
    Host Color Colocation, Dedicated & Europe Dedicated Servers since 2000
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric,, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

inexpensive media wiki

try openshift. i have my media wiki on openshift with mediawiki installed over there.

i felt for media wiki kind of app open shift's free tire was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    I believe you'd go with any web host which is not popular for selling "unlimited" and hosting Shared accounts on overloaded servers…
    Like he said (^): Any good shared host that doesn't overload their servers will do you fine.

How many visitors do you get in a day? MediaWiki shouldn't be over intensive on system resources - unless you're using any plugins that cause the problem (be cautious with search ones, for instance), or unless you have lots of visitors.

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

Ann Arbor, MI
    Have you considered one of their recommended hosts? -