Advice on new hosts

Hi

Been with HostXnow and now EZPZ and now looking for somewhere else as have had nothing but problems, lots of down-time and "slowness"

We run an SMF forum with 5 or 6 regular members, not asking for much!

whats next? (edit: this is me asking for advice on which hosts are reputable...for those uneducated enough to work that out)

thanks
    Last edited by snadge; 12-08-2013 at 03:25 PM.

I guess move on to a new host would be next

Quote Originally Posted by NoHelpHost View Post
    I guess move on to a new host would be next
    your user name says it all mr NoHelp.... Im asking for advice on good hosts (which is obvious)

next!

that dosent mean I could not help o.O. you say you have a lot problem & downtime ! So 1. ask your provider to move you to a new server if possible
    2. if none is fixed consider to move on to a new provider
    3. if you need recommendations post your requirements and any body could help you choose or any advice . my name dosent matter

I recommend mddhosting, been with them for a couple months now and theyve been great so far. A bit pricey than other hosts here but youre sure to get great service and support.
    Last edited by illegit; 12-08-2013 at 03:35 PM.

You should put your budget.
    My advice, look at the offer section, choose 2 or 3, and then search for reviews.
    Fernando - Bitline Hosting Services
    Web Hosting - Since 2002

A forum with a handful of active accounts should not be slow and/or unresponsive

Was the cause for this ever established?

Are there are any large files, large disc space, large database?

One of my previous clients claimed they had a handful of active accounts, so I investigated the cause and found the database was enormous, and it was this that was causing the issue
    They moved to another provider and ran into exactly the same issue
    With a large database this was consuming the CPU and exceeding the account limit, resulting in what appeared to be downtime
    However, a plain HTML file could still be viewed without any problems

Other issues could be the visitors are in the UK, but the server is in USA (often used to cut costs)
    M8 INTERNET : Simple and cost effective website hosting from the UK
    M8 INTERNET : Google Ads Account Management

Well, he did kinda post his requirements (SMF, 5-6 users). But still, it would be easier to suggest if you can post your requirements using quantifiable values (like Diskspace, bandwidth etc) and of-course the budget

Can you tell us how much are you paying now with EZPZ? What is your budget for hosting?
    Also in which EZPZ location are you hosted? They have a few, so that could be accountable for the slowliness.

yea my fault just wake up didn real well my recommendation would be crocweb

I recommend FreshRostedHosting and CrocWeb.
    Licensecart - We only sell High Quality licenses
    Visit us @ Licensecart.com ~ sales(➾)licensecart.com ~ webhostbundle.com
    WHT isn't what it used to be… power changes people :]

Quote Originally Posted by snadge View Post
    Hi

Been with HostXnow and now EZPZ and now looking for somewhere else as have had nothing but problems, lots of down-time and "slowness"

whats next? (edit: this is me asking for advice on which hosts are reputable...for those uneducated enough to work that out)

thanks
    You did not have downtime with us. The problem you had with us was more to do with email issues caused by Hotmail.

Good luck finding a reliable provider.

ill answer a few questions at the moment we pay £3.99 a month with ezpz and on the junior package. we dont want to pay anymore then that really as like snadge said we only have around 6 regular members.

would rather have uk based
    Last edited by thomasjc1; 12-08-2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Just go check the offers section, there are a lot of UK hosts there. Do check out Limenex, I've seen their offers and their prices fit your budget. They seem to have good reviews posted here as well.

Did EZPZ/HostXNow explain why your small forum might've been experiencing poor performance? If it is an issue that lies within your website then moving to another provider may not solve the issue unless you're certain the performance issues were caused by your provider's servers.

Hi yes hostxnow was just a few niggles nothing major. But ezpz have got problems at the moment. It's not our site

The datacenter is currently offline due to a suspected attack causing all VPC peer links to fail. Cisco TAC are currently working on the issue and all servers should be back online shortly.

I've hosted a forum with reliablehostingservices.net about a year ago without problems.

Chad
    Webmasterbabble.com Webmaster Forum
    Come join us at webmasterbabble.com

Vidahost

Have you tried Vida Host? I used to use them and it seemed fast, but I also used EZPZ and had no problems with speed. It might be the server your where on or even your site. Are you using a CMS?

Hi,

I am concerned regarding EZP. Can you please share with us your experience with them? What was the issue? Downtime , slowness ? Sorry for asking.

Can you provide the advanced screen or proof? Likes tools.pingdom.com test.

It's ok we have sorted what we are doing now thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GeneZSolutions View Post
    Did EZPZ/HostXNow explain why your small forum might've been experiencing poor performance? If it is an issue that lies within your website then moving to another provider may not solve the issue unless you're certain the performance issues were caused by your provider's servers.
    issues are on host side (ezpz) i also have same problems with a static small wordpress website till months

Quote Originally Posted by snadge View Post
    Hi

thanks
    Time to move a private serve would do.. or search for hosting reviews before choosing your next host

There are a lot of hosting companies out there. I am curious, 5 to 10 members forum should'nt be tough to get hosted. but is the issue money our incapability of the hosting companies. Some time it's better to choose a plan which is more expensive than going for the bottom price.

Quote Originally Posted by marco-computenext View Post
    There are a lot of hosting companies out there. I am curious, 5 to 10 members forum should'nt be tough to get hosted. but is the issue money our incapability of the hosting companies. Some time it's better to choose a plan which is more expensive than going for the bottom price.
    Agree! You have to bear more risk for the bottom price unless it is list in INC. 5000 likes BurstNET. But the support is also not guaranteed.

I suggest you to browse through offers section and there are plenty many hosts available to suit your needs. Try and communicate with the hosts via live chat or email, I believe that should help you out.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor