Question Windows Server 2012 (R1)

I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a good VPS host that supports Windows Server 2012 R1 and I have my own license. I'm looking for one with 768-1024MB of RAM and over 40GB of disk space. I would like one that costs no more then $15/mo. I don't care if its Xen, KVM, or VMWare. Please let me know what might be a good fit.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

Most VPS hosts will not need you to provide you with license as host machine is licensed with datacenter license (which has unlimited guest OS licenses included). With that being said, I'll recommend Windows Server 2012 R2 (instead of R1) since it is by far the best and most stable / secure Windows OS. Do you have something specific (apart from license that you may own) for Windows Server 2012 R1? $15 for 1G RAM is just fine from budget perspective.

Good luck with your search!

- Ruchir
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Quote Originally Posted by Softsys Hosting View Post
    Most VPS hosts will not need you to provide you with license as host machine is licensed with datacenter license (which has unlimited guest OS licenses included). With that being said, I'll recommend Windows Server 2012 R2 (instead of R1) since it is by far the best and most stable / secure Windows OS. Do you have something specific (apart from license that you may own) for Windows Server 2012 R1? $15 for 1G RAM is just fine from budget perspective.

Good luck with your search!

- Ruchir
    Every where I look its an extra $14+ per month for their license or its just a 180 day trial license. I don't need Windows Server 2012 R2 and its way out of my budget.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

Quote Originally Posted by CBH-Nick View Post
    Every where I look its an extra $14+ per month for their license or its just a 180 day trial license. I don't need Windows Server 2012 R2 and its way out of my budget.
    Have you shortlisted few companies? I have seen many hosts offering in $15/m mark with license for 1G RAM VPS (going with 2012 R2 will not cost you anything extra). 99% of such hosts with included license will be Hyper-V based as they'll be using host machine dedicated for Windows VM's (and it makes most sense doing this if it is licensed with data center edition)..

Quote Originally Posted by Softsys Hosting View Post
    Have you shortlisted few companies? I have seen many hosts offering in $15/m mark with license for 1G RAM VPS (going with 2012 R2 will not cost you anything extra). 99% of such hosts with included license will be Hyper-V based as they'll be using host machine dedicated for Windows VM's (and it makes most sense doing this if it is licensed with data center edition)..
    Can we please put the fact that some VPS providers will include the license aside (as I already own it), and answer my real question: Which VPS provider will fit my needs?
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

I've no personal experience using the services but I was able to find BurstNet in Offers section which is at $13/m for 1G RAM VPS - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1328792

There are few others in initial pages as well..

Good luck!

I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a good VPS host that supports Windows Server 2012 R1 and I have my own license. I'm looking for one with 768-1024MB of RAM and over 40GB of disk space. I would like one that costs no more then $15/mo. I don't care if its Xen, KVM, or VMWare. Please let me know what might be a good fit.
    In which location you are interested too?

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxservers View Post
    In which location you are interested too?
    Anywhere in USA as its probably cheaper and closer.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

BurstNet is a best option for USA servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxservers View Post
    BurstNet is a best option for USA servers.
    I have sent them a ticket if I can have Windows Server 2012 R1 installed using my product key. Thanks!
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

Just an update, I went with a KVM VPS from FrontRangeHosting as they allow me to install Windows Server 2012 Standard and use my own license.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

1GB for $15 it's a bit low. if you can stretch it out for a bit. you might get much better in return. Also most of providers let you do use your own license.
    Cloudzy
    Cheap Windows VPS | Linux VPS | Bitcoin VPS | Forex VPS
    Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, PerfectMoney, CryotoCurrency and Bitcoin
    In business for more than 14 years - Since 2008

Just an update, I went with a KVM VPS from FrontRangeHosting as they allow me to install Windows Server 2012 Standard and use my own license.
    Do you provide them license key to install Windows or they give you some tool to install OS by yourself?
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    Do you provide them license key to install Windows or they give you some tool to install OS by yourself?
    They provide the ISO and then I used KVM to install it and activate it.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software