Online Web Directory

I am sorry last time i didnt explained my question in detail.

I am starting a web directory like Yell or Free INDEX in UK..
    IS it legal and nice to copy companies and their links from these website and add them in mine?
    I want to know if its 100% legal to do that?

Please Explain Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

I am not about sure but make sure content is unique not a copy content and update that website is daily bases. so that is the best way for online web directory..
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by entropy10 View Post

IS it legal and nice to copy companies and their links from these website and add them in mine?

Please Explain Thanks
    At present all the directories are following the same thing. It is not a legal thing to place other companies content in to our website until and unless we have a permission. Without company permission we should not add them to our website. This is the reason Google also facing some problems. We have to add the companies with companies permission only.Hope my answer will help you and all the best for ur Web Directory.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SASA Techno View Post
    I am not about sure but make sure content is unique not a copy content and update that website is daily bases. so that is the best way for online web directory..
    ...plus make sure you are writing in English in an English forum.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi, you can't copy content from other sites, it's not a legal. But, if you have a good PR, you will have a lot ofsites in your directory. Good luck...
      0 Not allowed!

Its depend on your content and sharing which you are doing on your website. I suggest you please provide in your website 'free submit links' and upload some software like antivirus, Microsoft Office and others as well. You can get the genuine traffic on your website and will get the good results hopefully.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by entropy10 View Post

Please Explain Thanks
    Yeah. In fact it's an advantage for them because it will add more exposure to them. I run a local directory site too and I get some data from DMOZ.

To maximize it, you can contact them and let them know that you've included their business to your directory and ask if they have suggestion on how to improve their presence to your site. That way, you can build a good relationship with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Use your on content don;t use copy content.
    If you use copy content if the site has seen after it will complaint to yours and your site will banned and panalised. So, avoid copy content.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jonese068 View Post
    Use your on content don;t use copy content.
    If you use copy content if the site has seen after it will complaint to yours and your site will banned and panalised. So, avoid copy content.
    Like I said, company owners will be very happy even if the directory owner copy the content and put it on the site. Because it is not his content that he's promoting. It's the company owner's.
      0 Not allowed!

The best people to ask would be the site you are looking to use the links from.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NetDepot - Terrence View Post
    The best people to ask would be the site you are looking to use the links from.
    This is the best but this is so much sites, it would take forever
      0 Not allowed!

Content of any website may be unique you shouldn't copy it. But categories, sub categories and layout can be matched to others. Best of luck
      0 Not allowed!