North Carolina Data Center

Just a heads up to let others know about DC74 located in Charlotte, NC. They just won an award this week that acknowledges their business growth:

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte...50-3-dc74.html

I started using DC74 late summer and I have been very pleased. They have a great environment and run a pretty tight ship. I will give a detailed review in a few months, just wanted to let others here know about them since Charlotte, NC is typically a place not mentioned when others are looking for great colocation at a decent price.

http://www.dc74.com

No, I don't work for them, just a satisfied customer.

Brian

Who said your work for them? I'd say that the reference URL brings the reader to a press release page and it does not say anything about awards. Too cheap...

BTW: When you mention a company's name, anyone interested should be able to find it easily. It is not necessary to post URLs.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

And how was your reply constructive? Wait, it wasn't meant to be.. I felt it necessary to post a URL to make it easy. Got a problem with that? It's okay to post urls in your signature but I can't in a post? Get real.

The Fast50 is an award for growth and they came in #3 in the Charlotte area.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    Who said your work for them? I'd say that the reference URL brings the reader to a press release page and it does not say anything about awards. Too cheap...

BTW: When you mention a company's name, anyone interested should be able to find it easily. It is not necessary to post URLs.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianemwd View Post
    And how was your reply constructive? Wait, it wasn't meant to be.. I felt it necessary to post a URL to make it easy. Got a problem with that? It's okay to post urls in your signature but I can't in a post? Get real.

Brian
    Maybe he is saying that because all DC74 related threads on WHT have been opened by you and because from a quick google search, we can see that there is a Brian working at DC74.
    LeapSwitch Networks Pvt. Ltd. - Managed VPS / Dedicated Servers India
    ASN 132335 - India - USA - Spain - Portugal - Ukraine - Germany
    █ Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    Pay via - PayPal, Payza, Skrill, Credit/Debit Cards (USD / INR)

Quote Originally Posted by ishan View Post
    Maybe he is saying that because all DC74 related threads on WHT have been opened by you and because from a quick google search, we can see that there is a Brian working at DC74.
    Nope. I don't work for them.

So your extensive research via Google found a Brian works for them and then there is a Brian that has been speaking positively about them on WHT so therefore . . . nevermind. Logic is not your cup of tea but speculation certain is.

Perhaps you should be doing your research on WHT. There you would have found out a number of things about me. For instance I have been known to give Continuum Data Center some favorable reviews.

All I was doing was a simple shoutout to a local North Carolina business and to give them some exposure to the community here.

Brian

So your extensive research via Google found a Brian works for them and then there is a Brian that has been speaking positively about them on WHT so therefore . . . nevermind. Logic is not your cup of tea but speculation certain is.

Perhaps you should be doing your research on WHT. There you would have found out a number of things about me. For instance I have been known to give Continuum Data Center some favorable reviews.

All I was doing was a simple shoutout to a local North Carolina business and to give them some exposure to the community here.

Brian
    I don't see any issue here - I think the thread should have been in the industry announcements though..
    █| VEEROTECH.NET - Shared, Reseller & VPS Hosting
    █| High Performance *Pure SSD* CloudLinux & LiteSpeed Powered Web Hosting
    █| cPanel & WHM - Softaculous - Website Builder - R1Soft - SpamExperts - Let's Encrypt

Unless my intentions was to let others who were interested in colocation, know about DC74. There are recommendations all the time asking what datacenter one should use in the colocation thread. In fact that is how I found DC74 in the first place.

Brian
    Aggressive response does not help much, you know that. I'm quite constructive, even quite positive. I believe that anyone around is quite intelligent, so they would find a company that got a positive review without one had to feel "it necessary to post a URL to make it easy"
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    Aggressive response does not help much, you know that. I'm quite constructive, even quite positive. I believe that anyone around is quite intelligent, so they would find a company that got a positive review without one had to feel "it necessary to post a URL to make it easy"
    Not a question of intelligence at all. It's a question of user experience. I build a websites for a living. Making it easy for people to find stuff is all about user experience. That is what I do. But you instead feel the need to increase your post count with nonsensical criticism. But then again your website is anything but user friendly. God help anyone who is trying to view your website on a mobile device.

Brian

Brian
    I did say maybe. You can always report your websites hosted there and a moderator can approve this thread.
    LeapSwitch Networks Pvt. Ltd. - Managed VPS / Dedicated Servers India
    ASN 132335 - India - USA - Spain - Portugal - Ukraine - Germany
    █ Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    Pay via - PayPal, Payza, Skrill, Credit/Debit Cards (USD / INR)

Playing devil's advocate here, why would I get colo space in NC when everything has to go through Atlanta or N. Virginia? Or are there direct links on major networks now?

Quote Originally Posted by scurvy View Post
    Playing devil's advocate here, why would I get colo space in NC when everything has to go through Atlanta or N. Virginia? Or are there direct links on major networks now?
    Quite a few networks have POPs in Charlotte now.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Located in Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA
    Dedicated Servers, KVM, Xen & OpenVZ VPS, Co-location, R1Soft Data Backup, Shared & Reseller Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by qps View Post
    Quite a few networks have POPs in Charlotte now.
    There are POPs, and then there's actual network build-out and transit. Everything from NC flows out to Atlanta or No. VA. If there are networks that actually have a real presence in NC (like NYC or PHL to NC), please list them because I'm sure a lot of us would be interested.

The thread so far:

"Hey guys here's this cool datacenter I found. STOP SAYING I WORK FOR THEM! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND LOGIC! YOUR WEBSITE IS TERRIBLE!"

I'm as puzzled as anyone else.

No doubt he's not the same Brian Carpenter on linkedin either. The fact they use the same username is merely coincidence.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/brianemwd

Brian - Our members are pretty smart here. You'll have to find a different way to convince them you're not related to the host you keep pimping other than telling them they're wrong.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.