Help me choose a new hosting

Hi

I am running around 3 small websites and right now I am with godaddy but i am moving, I will tell my bad experience with them later : ))

At first I was going to Host-gator but I found a lot of negative reviews specially in this year (2013).

I saw a lot of recommendation for medium companies.

I saw here good reviews for Flipper Host and Simplexwebs.

One of my websites gets 95% of visitors from Turkey and the second gets 70 % of visitors from UK that's why I prefer Simplexwebs as the servers based in UK.

What made me worry about Simplexwebs, I e-mailed them about PHP and MySQL version 7 hours ago and I got no answer yet, so I said what about if I got a technical problem, how long they will take

Please advice me as I don't want to have a bad experience again.

If you have recommendation far from Flipper and Simplexwebs please let me know.
    Last edited by mahamad3; 12-05-2013 at 01:38 AM.

I can recommend StableHost now.. They're in the United States but the latency should be fine, I have people from the UK, Australia, and other places beyond and they never have a problem.

There are many other reliable UK hosting provider.

1) Search Shared Hosting Offer section in this forum.
    2) Short list few hosting providers.
    3) Search their reviews on WHT and Google.
    4) Make final decision.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by Mahamad View Post
    Hi

I am running around 3 small websites and right now I am with godaddy but i am moving, I will tell my bad experience with them later : ))

At first I was going to Host-gator but I found a lot of negative reviews specially in this year (2013).

One of my websites gets 95% of visitors from Turkey and the second gets 70 % of visitors from UK that's why I prefer Simplexwebs as the servers based in UK.

What made me worry about Simplexwebs, I e-mailed them about PHP and MySQL version 7 hours ago and I got no answer yet, so I said what about if I got a technical problem, how long they will take

Welcome to Webhostingtalk , I've used SimplexWebs before and that was then they had shared hosting, then they made people either upgrade to Enterprise and their resellers to VPS, so I left. I then returned and got a VPS with them and my domain (Now moved from them), and left when apparently I kept breaking the VPS. How I don't know. However their support was amazing and you had a personal touch, got to know the founder Tim, I believe Harry now owns it with him.

FlipperHost I've not used so I can't comment on them.

I can recommend CrocWeb, great service and I enjoyed hosting my personal website with them. I also can recommend FreshRostedHosting, and I use them for a VPS.

Good luck in your search.

PS: SimplexWebs is UK based, so their sales department will be closed until this morning at 9am (3 hours).
    Licensecart - We only sell High Quality licenses
    Visit us @ Licensecart.com ~ sales(➾)licensecart.com ~ webhostbundle.com
    WHT isn't what it used to be… power changes people :]

Hi Mahamad,

I have been using bluelighthost for several months (cloud vps)and I am really impressed with their service. Ping to Spain is 65ms. They are very generous with IP΄s. I have made 4 support tickets and they have all been answered in 5-15 minutes. They changed my reverse dns (in 5 minutes). They explained the daily backups and said I just have to tell them what I want restoring (system,folder or file) and they will do it for me.

They don't have a knowledge base but their customer support is excellent. Being a Xen hypervisor all the resources are dedicated.

http://www.bluelighthost.com/our-services

Go check Downtownhost, they have servers in EU. I've used them for a client based in the UK. They're a good host as far as uptime and reliability are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthblaze View Post
    Hi Mahamad,

I have been using bluelighthost for several months
    Here you said you had been with them a week. So how long is it exactly? And with what domain?
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

And what's your budget? Any location?
    Have a fun with online game on worldpaygold . com!

Quote Originally Posted by Muller View Post
    And what's your budget? Any location?
    I don't have a budget but I care about the quality (technical support, site speed and so)

Normal user will not see any difference between US and UK
    ADELINAhost.com - Since 2012. Web Hosting, VPS and Dedicated Servers in more than 10 locations
    Locations: USA, Netherlands, France, Germany, UK, Canada, Czech, Singapore, Japan, Australia, Russia & Ukraine.
    24/7 Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee | Linux and Windows

Can I know what all bad experience you faced with them. Was there any TOS mismatch issues or something else.
    ⓐ➒AlphaNine Networks / Datacomm / GSP

Shared hosting | cPanel reseller | VPS | Dedicated Servers | SSL | VOIP | GSP | Management |
    99.9% uptime | 24/7 Support | Easy Control Panels | Operating Since 2000 |

Quote Originally Posted by AdelinaHost View Post
    ^this. The "difference" will be negligible.. Unless you're running a game server or something.

I've used Simplexwebs in the past and they are very good. Downtownhost is good and they have 70% OFF now.

Flipper host seems good too. They have good reviews on LEB.
    sorry, This user doesn't have a signature

if you like to host one of websites which have more visitors from turkey on turkey datacenter, my offer for turkey is : natro.com or doruk.net.tr
    ServerSub.com - Managed and Unmanaged Virtual & Dedicated Server|XenServer Windows & Linux VPS
    - New York City|Miami|Singapore|Hong Kong|UK|Netherlands|Germany|France|Canada​|Lithuania|Dallas
    - VPS and Dedicated Servers in 11 Global location • 100% Pure SSD Reseller & Shared Host
    cPanel NOC| Microsoft SPLA| PayPal, Credit Card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Payza, WebMoney, PerfectMoney Accepted!

Hi

Do you require a specific version of PHP and MySQL or are you just asking the providers out of curiosity?
    HostMantis Affordable Web Hosting
    Shared • Reseller • VPS • 24/7/365 Support • Instant Activation
    CloudLinux • CloudFlare • Softaculous Premium • Multi PHP • cPanel
    Also offering Windows Hosting with Plesk 12 • Multi PHP • MSSQL • ASP.NET

It was a wise move to research about Hostgator before actually going with them. And yes, they really gone down the hill since EIG acquired them.

As for hostings, I can suggest you the following
    - Leaseweb
    - Innohosting
    - Stablehost

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeambrose3 View Post
    I can recommend StableHost now.. They're in the United States but the latency should be fine, I have people from the UK, Australia, and other places beyond and they never have a problem.
    I read a lot of recommendation about them till now, Thanks Mike

There are many other reliable UK hosting provider.

1) Search Shared Hosting Offer section in this forum.
    2) Short list few hosting providers.
    3) Search their reviews on WHT and Google.
    4) Make final decision.
    Okay Ravi, I am doing that

Welcome to Webhostingtalk , I've used SimplexWebs before and that was then they had shared hosting, then they made people either upgrade to Enterprise and their resellers to VPS, so I left. I then returned and got a VPS with them and my domain (Now moved from them), and left when apparently I kept breaking the VPS. How I don't know. However their support was amazing and you had a personal touch, got to know the founder Tim, I believe Harry now owns it with him.

FlipperHost I've not used so I can't comment on them.

I can recommend CrocWeb, great service and I enjoyed hosting my personal website with them. I also can recommend FreshRostedHosting, and I use them for a VPS.

Good luck in your search.

PS: SimplexWebs is UK based, so their sales department will be closed until this morning at 9am (3 hours).
    The good thing about SimplexWebs, they don't have these everything unlimited plans :d

and a clarification about the delay of sales debarment to answer my e-mail, I think they didn't receive it as I contacted them again and I received immediately this automatic e-mail which saying we received your inquiry.....

by the way, what do you mean by breaking the VPS ? you mean reach your limits and so ?

Go check Downtownhost, they have servers in EU. I've used them for a client based in the UK. They're a good host as far as uptime and reliability are concerned.
    Thanks for your suggest : )

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
    Here you said you had been with them a week. So how long is it exactly? And with what domain?
    Apologies, its been six weeks. My website is not online as yet as learning to administrate my own server prior to launching my web hosting business for British expats in Spain.

SimplexWebs are extremely reliable for the value of their services.

+1 for FlipperHost. Been with them for 3+ years and I can recommend them as I had no issues so far.
    open a firm in Turkey
    We assist you in Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by AdelinaHost View Post
    really ? I thought I will feel a big difference

Vini_AlphaNine : Can I know what all bad experience you faced with them. Was there any TOS mismatch issues or something else.
    The biggest problem they don't have enough support team, I don't have to wait 3 days for a ticket !, also some support team not that professional, when i sent them the problem, I felt I am talking with an automatic massage, not a human.

illegit : ^this. The "difference" will be negligible.. Unless you're running a game server or something.
    I got it now : ))

Red_wolf6 : I've used Simplexwebs in the past and they are very good. Downtownhost is good and they have 70% OFF now.
    Flipper host seems good too. They have good reviews on LEB.
    Thanks for the suggest

ServerSub : if you like to host one of websites which have more visitors from turkey on turkey datacenter, my offer for turkey is : natro.com or doruk.net.tr
    I really appreciate your answer : )

HostMantis : Do you require a specific version of PHP and MySQL or are you just asking the providers out of curiosity?
    PHP 5.4 MySQL 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by donmhico View Post
    It was a wise move to research about Hostgator before actually going with them. And yes, they really gone down the hill since EIG acquired them.

As for hostings, I can suggest you the following
    - Leaseweb
    - Innohosting
    - Stablehost
    Yes, if I moved my websites there and then discovered the truth, maybe I was going to close all my websites , I had enough bad experience with other hosting providers

VortexNetwork : SimplexWebs are extremely reliable for the value of their services.
    Yes, they seems good due to customers reviews I saw till now

serhansercan : +1 for FlipperHost. Been with them for 3+ years and I can recommend them as I had no issues so far.
    Thanks Serhan, before I come to webhostingtalk.com , I was going to believe in that, there are no good hosting provider