how hosting companies handling web design job request?

How many of you are actually getting web design request?

I heard that most of the web hosting companies are frequently getting design work requests from clients.

If you are getting these kind of design jobs. who is handle these works. Out side agency? or tie up with freelancers? or you have your own team? I would like to explore more on this categories.
    QuickBees Pro
    Web designing| Online Marketing

I recommend my clients webdesigners I trust, because I don't do webdesign for other people except myself because I like my websites done a certain way. I know the people I recommend them to, so I know they will provide high quality standards like I do in my business.
    Licensecart - We only sell High Quality licenses
    Visit us @ Licensecart.com ~ sales(➾)licensecart.com ~ webhostbundle.com
    WHT isn't what it used to be… power changes people :]

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    I recommend my clients webdesigners I trust, because I don't do webdesign for other people except myself because I like my websites done a certain way. I know the people I recommend them to, so I know they will provide high quality standards like I do in my business.
    thanks Mike
    QuickBees Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    Well, you are losing business. You should make some partnerships with designer/agencies so you provide them customers and they would host them with you.

Quote Originally Posted by alteron View Post
    Well, you are losing business. You should make some partnerships with designer/agencies so you provide them customers and they would host them with you.
    are you partnership with designers? How do u manage works. or you offer design support along with hosting?
    QuickBees Pro

We have two different departments which handles Web Design and Web Hosting. We actually started off with only web design but later got into web hosting so it was not that hard for us to adjust to the demands. At the forefront, both departments are intertwined with Sales staff handling both design and hosting requests however the separation comes when the client either signs up for the hosting vs web desgin vs web development aspect or even all at once.
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

Quote Originally Posted by sethks View Post
    are you partnership with designers? How do u manage works. or you offer design support along with hosting?
    Yes, on one hosting project we have such a partnership. I refer client to agency, they give us % from profit and also host with us. Everybody are happy.

Yes, we receive requests from time to time. It should be noted that our departments are completely separate and generally do not talk to each other, which eliminates a lot of the pressure.
    Nividium
    Affordable, Reliable & High Performance Web Hosting Since 2011
    Google PageSpeed | Softaculous | SSD Drives | 24/7/365 Technical Support | Instant Activation

Quote Originally Posted by alteron View Post
    I'm not in it for the money, I want my customers to be happy, and use a quality designer which they prefer out of our recommendations.
    Licensecart - We only sell High Quality licenses
    Visit us @ Licensecart.com ~ sales(➾)licensecart.com ~ webhostbundle.com
    WHT isn't what it used to be… power changes people :]

The two services have always gone hand in hand in my opinion, especially from a business perspective, I don't think we could have survived without the web development income, nor could we of have survived without the web hosting income. With that being said, if you have never dabbled in web design and have no experience (because although the two do go hand in hand, they are two completely different skill sets), you would be best to partner up with a solid design firm.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

We outsource our web design to a few individuals we have partnered with. We share the revenue from clients who require any web design or web development related requested by our hosting clients. Find designers/developers you have personally used in the past, one that you can trust that will not disappoint your customers when referred to them. Set up a partnership or agreement for potential revenue share since you're referring new clients to them.

A large section of customers do not differentiate between web design, web hosting and domain registration. I suppose it depends on your target market. I often got customers buy web hosting and then say "Where is my website?"

I agree that you are definitely missing out on income if you do not have a relationship with a design company. Design companies are often highly trusted by there customers and as such they are in a key position to recommend hosting providers.
    Andy
    Resell SSL Certificates - API / WHMCS / HostBill / ClientExec
    Servertastic - RapidSSL, Geotrust, Thawte, Symantec, SmarterTools and more