hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Average Wage

Forum Jump

Average Wage

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2003, 03:08 PM
Disabled

Setting up and wages

I am considering opening a web hosting company and was wondering if you could provide me with some advice?

What do i need to purchase to start except the re-seller

Roughly how much would i earn once i had got some customers and was an average size?Would it be enought to live off?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by MadeOfWood; 04-15-2003 at 03:31 PM.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2003, 05:05 PM
Junior Guru

Hello

Quote:
What do i need to purchase to start except the re-seller
A good reseller package and a domain name.

You will also need a lot of time, but dont expect to make enough money to live off for some time. If you have a full time job, which you will probably need to finance your hosting project then who will do the support when you are working? There are a lot of things to think of. If you are not around to answer support tickets then your customers will get grumpy.

How do you plan on getting customers? We got many of our first customers from other projects so if you are starting with none then things may run slower.

Quote:
Roughly how much would i earn once i had got some customers and was an average size?Would it be enought to live off?
IF you do it right then yes you should make enough to live off. How long from now this may be? Dont know.
We have been hosting for over 3 years now. The first year we would not have been able to live off, if we were not working on other projects at the same time. Now hosting is one of our main businesses, we own all the servers in our network and are planning a move into our new offices.

Kind Regards

www.iistalk.net Windows only forum.

Old 04-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Disabled

You need a design to.... $500.00+
And to answer support, you can always get an e-mail phone.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2003, 06:27 AM
WHT Addict

It would also be beneficial to have some way to accept payments online. If you're just starting out you can use a free service such as PayPal but generally that's looked down upon since it's not very professional.

As you move on it you get bigger you can always switch to another transaction processor.

Old 04-19-2003, 06:04 PM
Web Hosting Master

A good Knowledge Base full of FAQs, Tutorials, Demonstrations, Articles etc. is fantastic for any hosting or reseller provider. However, it can be even more useful for folks just starting out in the industry, as it will reduce the amount of time you require to spend on tech support

An extensive Knowledge Base is a very powerful weapon in the world of tech support

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Old 04-19-2003, 07:03 PM
Older than the Internet

Quote:
Originally posted by rochen
A good Knowledge Base full of FAQs, Tutorials, Demonstrations, Articles etc. is fantastic for any hosting or reseller provider. However, it can be even more useful for folks just starting out in the industry, as it will reduce the amount of time you require to spend on tech support

An extensive Knowledge Base is a very powerful weapon in the world of tech support
Preach it, brother.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Bringing in Outside Help: Fueling Technology Industry Growth with Foreign Workers Web Hosting News 2014-01-06 12:52:27
DDoS Attacks Targeting ISPs on the Rise: Prolexic Q1 2013 Report Web Hosting News 2013-04-17 11:42:29
Average Public Cloud Outage Downtime Nears 8 Hours: RightScale Infographic Blog 2013-02-28 13:09:16
Prolexic Quarterly DDoS Report Finds 11 Percent Increase in Average Attack Bandwidth Over Q2 Web Hosting News 2012-10-17 12:29:18
Cloud Storage Firm NetApp to Create 460 Jobs in $75M Data Center Build Web Hosting News 2012-07-23 16:43:37