Thread: MX server

MX server

i have a domain from registrar that comes with email from my own server that uses roundcube with mx server, I got the mx record added at registrar but since it goes by use the one from registar's mx it bounce back everytime i send email to the one i created from my server with an error >> tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain "mydomain.tld" by "registrar's mail server here"

but if i delete the registrar's mx server at registar...i can receive/send mails without problem from my box

how to solve it? ideas...anyone

Why not just point the DNS to your server then configure the mx in your server instead?

No need to use the dns of your registrar.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

that's possible but even without doing that, I can have the registrar's mail server removed from MX records at registrar then everything works fine using my own mail server...but I want to use the email that is provided by registrar as well...
    Last edited by windox; 12-04-2013 at 09:51 PM.

I believe you just have to make the MX server a very high priority and everything should work out.

[email protected] from registrar - [email protected] from my box...if i send mail to [email protected] it rejects the mail if i have the mx server from registrar added at mx record from registrar cause it's not mail open relay...vice versa if sending mail to [email protected] using my mail server it rejects

which is which to be set high?

any ideas how this can be achieved?