What's the oldest operating system, computer you have in use or in storage?

I have two machines in storage with Windows 8 Second Edition and XP.

The Win 98 system runs at 200 mhz with 64mb of ram. Don't remember the storage. The XP machine runs at 3.2 ghz with 2gb of ram and 300gb of storage. Both machines are Fujitsu Siemens.
      0 Not allowed!

I think I have a IBM PC running DOS.
      0 Not allowed!

I've still got a Compaq deskpro with DOS 6 + Windows 3.1 in the loft somewhere!

Think its a 66Mhz Pentium 1, 8MB Ram. PC I'm typing on now has 16,384MB RAM. Crazy stuff!
      0 Not allowed!

I have a couple of XP machines, not really old but have no real use for them. For some reason there still stuck in the same place taking up space
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by UnhappyCamper View Post
    I have two machines in storage with Windows 8 Second Edition and XP.

The Win 98 system runs at 200 mhz with 64mb of ram. Don't remember the storage. The XP machine runs at 3.2 ghz with 2gb of ram and 300gb of storage. Both machines are Fujitsu Siemens.
    In storage, either Windows 3.0 (286, 1MB Ram) or HP-UX 9.something, (along the same hw specs, lol) either of which is an ugly nightmare, if I may say.

200MHz/64MB used to be blazing fast, so I bet you can still use it for some gaming
    Check out my SSD guides for Samsung, HGST (Hitachi Global Storage) and Intel!
      0 Not allowed!

ATARI ST 1024, still operational, although the floppies have worn out and almost none of them would boot...

I win.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by wndml View Post
    ATARI ST 1024, still operational, although the floppies have worn out and almost none of them would boot...

I win.
    I'm sure someone out there still owns a Comodore 64. I had that and a Tandy TRS-80 back in the day.
      0 Not allowed!

I have an old Toshiba Satellite pro 480 with windows 95 on it, and it still works perfect
      0 Not allowed!

I have and am looking at right now:

Commodore 64 with three 1541 drives, a Star dot matrix printer, a few boxes of homebrew goodies (speech boxes!) and hundreds of floppies. All working.

Commodore 128. Not working, at least I don't think so.

Atari 800 with dual 810 drives, 850 expansion box, a NIB (!) numeric keypad, waaaaaaay too many apps, and a ton of manuals and programming guides.

Coleco Adam.

AT&T Unix PC, the same one shown in The Hunt for Red October. It's fun; there's no root password. Still works, but that 20 meg MFM / RLL hard drive sounds frightening. Remember when you could hear hard drives two rooms over? Yeah.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by UnhappyCamper View Post
    I'm sure someone out there still owns a Comodore 64. I had that and a Tandy TRS-80 back in the day.
    C64 and ST lines mostly overlap, with C64 released few years before and discontinued a year later. So a C64 is not necessarily older

I love ATARI. It has a B/W monitor with whopping 640x480 resolution which was huge back then with color modes being 320x240 pixels...
      0 Not allowed!

I think I still have a CP/M luggable somewhere - twin floppies and a 6" green CRT, all in a package the size of a small suitcase. The ultrabook of its day!
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter
      0 Not allowed!

I have an Apple IIc in storage with 64K or 128K ram and an internal floppy. Operating system was Apple DOS. I keep it around to play old games like Choplifter, Castle Wolfenstein, and LodeRunner. I recently got a port of LodeRunner to play on my iPhone.

Also in storage a Macintosh Classic with System 6 and a Powerbook 140 with Mac OS System 7.
      0 Not allowed!

In storage we have a Philips 386 with Windows 3.11.

I didn't know that Philips made computers but this one is a 20 MHZ processor with 4 megs of memory and a 40 meg hard drive.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    AT&T Unix PC, the same one shown in The Hunt for Red October. It's fun; there's no root password. Still works, but that 20 meg MFM / RLL hard drive sounds frightening. Remember when you could hear hard drives two rooms over? Yeah.
    Ah yes... the stepper motors. Had a Mac SE around 1988 with a noisy stepper-based 20MB SCSI. It was quite lame even for standards back then IMO...3.5" double height 20MB SCSI drive, 9" monochrome screen, 8 Mhz 68000 PPC CPU, 4MB RAM (maxed out). I think I might still have a C64 up in the rafters somewhere.
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | Fully Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters
      0 Not allowed!

My oldest machine is a 1GB RAM XP Machine running at 1.2Ghz 100GB HDD
    Good old times!
      0 Not allowed!

I have a windows 98 SE - P3 650 , in use for when i want to play some older games.
    Inventive Hosting UK Company - UK Based Servers - UK Support - Trading Since 2004
    Shared Web Hosting - CloudLinux - Daily and weekly Backups - Database Backups Every 12 Hours
    Fully Managed KVM VPS Packages and Fully Managed Dedicated Servers - Supermicro Motherboards
    UK Based24/7/365 Support - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

we have a working Xerox Star 8010 and a working Xerox Star 6085 in storage.

http://toastytech.com/guis/starsidebyside.jpg
    Biznesshosting, Inc. DBA VOLICO - Intelligent Hosting Solutions
    East Coast Enterprise Dedicated Servers and Miami Colocation.
    managed and unmanaged dedicated servers. High bandwidth colocation. Managed clusters.
      0 Not allowed!

And these machines were actually fast back then, wow. Now we have servers with 300 GB RAM, lol.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post
    And these machines were actually fast back then, wow. Now we have servers with 300 GB RAM, lol.
    My 1st computer had 48KB of RAM. Then I was amazed when I had 1MB of RAM. And I was giddy over getting a computer with 64MB! My current macbook with 8GB just amazes me. And of course my servers have crazy RAM. Life is good!
      0 Not allowed!

My first computer Amiga 600 HD is still in the loft. It was modded like crazy and later I bought an Amiga 1200 and tower-case, better graphics card and 10 Mbit Ethernet card.
      0 Not allowed!

Pentium 100MHz, and about 128MB RAM
      0 Not allowed!

The oldest one i have still in operation is an XP pc
      0 Not allowed!

A C64 that is still capable of loading action biker!
      0 Not allowed!

A Timex Sinclair 1000. You'll have to google it, it's actually older than I am And yes, it still works.
    Tara Roberts
    www.whmxtra.com
      0 Not allowed!

Mac II. Sweet machine.
      0 Not allowed!

I have a Pentium II running at 450MHz with 384MB of RAM. She's used as a fileserver & DNS resolver and is running Fedora 8. I've had much older systems, but can't keep them all!

I think my first computer had 8MB or 16MB of RAM. Grew up on DOS and Windows 3.1.
    Jason Canady
    Unlimited Net, LLC AS11990
    Responsive, Reliable, Secure
    Dedicated Server Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Pentium 2 with 512 MB ram and 1 GB Harddrive running with windows 3.1
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WHMApp View Post
    Pentium 2 with 512 MB ram and 1 GB Harddrive running with windows 3.1
    512 MB RAM on Windows 3.1?

Quote Originally Posted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_3.1x#Improvements_over_Windows_3.0
    In 386 enhanced mode, Windows 3.1 can theoretically access up to 4GB of RAM, although it is limited to 64MB because of the way it detects the amount of RAM installed in the computer.
    Jason Canady
    Unlimited Net, LLC AS11990
    Responsive, Reliable, Secure
    Dedicated Server Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

It was amazing day when I bought a desktop with 1 GB ram . Lol
      0 Not allowed!

I remember when the first 80gb SATA was delivered to our shop. My friend and I asked ourselves: "can we fill this up?"

The oldest computer i had was a celeron 450mhz (I think). Using it for monowall.
    FreeRadius Authentication Services for OpenVPN, WiFi, WISP Billing, PPPoE, etc
      0 Not allowed!